Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The things about bugs is that your bugs maybe different than mine and they may not be repeatable and you maybe 1 of only 18 people experiencing a bug.

So while I agree with most of your point, we have to keep in mind that not everyone has the same bugs and you maybe the only one experiencing something you consider a bug. In those situations it can be hard to just fix one person’s specific bug with a software update that is sent to thousands on people.
If the revision level of all the modules were kept in sync across the fleet, there would be a lot less edge cases for bugs.

Kushing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E CR1 Grabber Blue
Country flag
God! im still stuck at 3.6.x. How do I update my car to 4.x.x?

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Ok so one company is doing this. You said plenty of other companies have figured it out. First gen product, and tbh they’ve already fixed a ton of stuff for Job 1 users, 90% of my issues and new features were done OTA. There’s clearly a plan to make things better, Doug Field is head of software now, and I’m sure he’s concerned with more forward lookjjg stuff but I don’t think it’s a coincidence we got a whole new UI within a year after he was hired. I guess the icon design didn’t make it to his level though lol
For a former Apple exec to let that mishmash of button designs through to final release is alarming. Looks like iOS 5.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For a former Apple exec to let that mishmash of button designs through to final release is alarming. Looks like iOS 5.
I hope that Apple exec is focused more on quality and timeliness of OTAs than button graphics. Pretty can improve after quality is baked in!

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now that the 'cards' are fixed at small, they are essentially buttons. So why are there some round buttons across the top of the screen and some square buttons across the bottom? Why not make them consistent and top or bottom?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
There seems to be a departure between 4.1.3 for Mach-E and Lightning as this update for the lighting provides video streaming along with the wifi connection stuff added for the Mach-e.

Lightning 4.1.3 page

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
There seems to be a departure between 4.1.3 for Mach-E and Lightning as this update for the lighting provides video streaming along with the wifi connection stuff added for the Mach-e.

Lightning 4.1.3 page
Looks like the builds between both vehicles have finally reached feature parity then? That's a good sign and should help speed up development!

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
And non EA’s receive this yet?

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
God! im still stuck at 3.6.x. How do I update my car to 4.x.x?
This is probably NOT your issue, but it was for my 2021. I was getting updates, and then they seemed to stop back in NOV 22. I did not pay much attention until earlier this month and I notice my car was not logging into my home WiFi so I reset it and it logged in successfully. I got 2 or 3 updates, including 4.2.1 within a couple of weeks. Long story - confirm you are connecting.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
If you're going to drop info like that in here, I hope you're ready to answer questions about it.

• Is there a plan to have the car show any indication that preconditioning is happening?
  • Will the 20 mile limit be increased? At highway speeds, 20 miles of heating isn't nearly enough to make much of a difference, which kinda defeats the purpose.
Sponsored