Purchase Commitment

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Talked with Ford hotline today. I am more confused than ever. Here is what they said about the flow:
- Must have received an email saying order open for me (not received yet)
- All should receive email by 30 June
- Go to the Ford website and order your car
- That order is passed to the dealer, who then passes your order to Ford

Question - How do I verify the price? I think I need to go see the dealer first, get it all in writing, then order the car maybe on my phone something then watch them do it?

Seems like Ford is trying to be like Tesla but can't get away from the dealer piece.
If you have not received an email yet, then I'm guessing maybe you reserved a GT. If so, GT ordering is not opening yet. That will come at a later time so you can sit tight.

If your reservation is for a non-GT then you can log on to your Ford.com account beginning on 6-26 (even if you don't have the email). Once you're logged on, from the mock up screens we've seen, the price may be listed on the screen when you log into the online ordering system. (We'll know for sure tomorrow if people are willing to share some screenshots!).

Example of prototype screens from before the COVID delay (shows the price in the upper left portion):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchase Commitment 1593119064655
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Just an update. Good dealer I am working with, Said I should receive the email 30 June. Thinks X plan will be 2% off MSRP. No markup.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just an update. Good dealer I am working with, Said I should receive the email 30 June. Thinks X plan will be 2% off MSRP. No markup.
Please addd them to the No ADM list.

Keithp

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf SV
Occupation
QA tech
Country flag
Was just at my local Ford dealership in fort Walton beach Florida. Games, games and more games. Can't even order until June 30th. Low balled me $3500 on my Nissan leaf trade in value. ADM was $1495 above MSRP. I left. I think I need to try to sell my 2018 leaf to private party to take the trade in out of the equation.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Was just at my local Ford dealership in fort Walton beach Florida. Games, games and more games. Can't even order until June 30th. Low balled me $3500 on my Nissan leaf trade in value. ADM was $1495 above MSRP. I left. I think I need to try to sell my 2018 leaf to private party to take the trade in out of the equation.
And find another dealer

OP
OP

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I live in the same area. The Ford dealership in Foley told me no ADM.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Which dealer are you working with im in San Diego area myself. I called around and put I found on the dealer list.

x petro

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
Country flag
It looks like Ford has discontinued the unique Mach E hotline option #3. The call is now diverted to questions regarding the Bronco and that number is swamped such that the only option now is to leave your number and someone will call you back. That someone hasn't called so how do we now get Mach E specific issues resolved? My specific issue is that it's been three weeks since my order was accepted by the dealer, Asheville Ford, and I haven't received my $500 dealer deposit refund yet! Help...

Keithp

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf SV
Occupation
QA tech
Country flag
It looks like Ford has discontinued the unique Mach E hotline option #3. The call is now diverted to questions regarding the Bronco and that number is swamped such that the only option now is to leave your number and someone will call you back. That someone hasn't called so how do we now get Mach E specific issues resolved? My specific issue is that it's been three weeks since my order was accepted by the dealer, Asheville Ford, and I haven't received my $500 dealer deposit refund yet! Help...
I got my order in but
I got my $500 back on my credit card the same day I placed my order and paid the $500 to the dealer

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Did you try asking your dealer if they had any suggestion for who to talk to? Otherwise you might be stuck using their normal channels. If you pull up your reservation email, it sends you to https://www.ford.com/help/contact/ for "questions regarding your reservation".

Good luck.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Give it a few days for the Bronco-mania to die down.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Wow, X plan is 2% off, that's pretty good. If that turns out to be the case.

Last edited:

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Is everyone having to sign and return purchasing agreement with dealer after placing the order? I was shocked to see them send me the full purchase paperwork, so early in the process when the vehicle has not arrived.

I was assuming once I placed my $500 deposit and converted order, the paperwork portion would not be done till vehicle arrived.

Is this typical experience?
Sponsored