mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got the key fob in the mail. Looks just like the one that came with the Mach-E. Same part number/FCC. That was the good news. Bad news for me, is dealers here want $180 for programming and I can't find any auto locksmith that can program the key fob. Called/Emailed 8 so far...Googling "auto locksmith" doesn't seem to generate good hits. :confused: :(
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just got the key fob in the mail. Looks just like the one that came with the Mach-E. Same part number/FCC. That was the good news. Bad news for me, is dealers here want $180 for programming and I can't find any auto locksmith that can program the key fob. Called/Emailed 8 so far...Googling "auto locksmith" doesn't seem to generate good hits. :confused: :(
Does the come with the battery or you have to add one?

You can use your Ford points which is $110 cut the cost to $70 if they won't do it for free.

Mine arrived today as well, was $76.46 in total.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Make sure that when you are getting quotes, it is ONLY for programming not "cutting the key". My service center initially was going to charge for key cutting, but then realize there was no need to cut the key (in fact, I did not even bring the key blank to them)

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Minor physical differences between the one that came with the Mach-E and the one purchased. The original has a exterior screw.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1615228893810

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Minor physical differences between the one that came with the Mach-E and the one purchased. The original has a exterior screw.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB 1615228893810
wonder what's up with that? ?

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
i too received the fob today - now the question is - will anyone be able to figure out how to program it without a dealer visit :)

photocyclist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Lots of key fobs delivered today it seems. Got the key fob and the matte screen protector from OCDplug. Now I'll just set them over by the floor mats and cargo protector and wait. It'll be like Christmas when the car finally gets here.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I assume you bought it from auto and truck remotes. Is that correct? If so, did you use their link to find a local auto locksmith? They identified two in my area. The first one did the job as noted elsewhere ($80 to program one or $100 to program two).

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Check the www.CarAndTruckRemotes.com site. They have a list / map of locksmiths that may be able to help.

Also see this:

Local auto locksmith just completed the programming for my two new key fobs. They work perfectly. He charges $80 to do one or $100 to do two. It took him a while to figure it out because he had to use the Ford OEM box and his computer to do the programming. His usual key programmers would not do the trick. And, with the Ford OEM stuff, he had to do a couple of software updates and a firmware update of of the OEM box. The next Mach-E fobs he programs will probably take 10 minutes but he invested a lot of time with mine. He felt it was worth his time and appreciated that I let him learn on mine.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you check the www.carandtruckremotes.com for a list of locksmiths that they recommend.

Check this for options

Local auto locksmith just completed the programming for my two new key fobs. They work perfectly. He charges $80 to do one or $100 to do two. It took him a while to figure it out because he had to use the Ford OEM box and his computer to do the programming. His usual key programmers would not do the trick. And, with the Ford OEM stuff, he had to do a couple of software updates and a firmware update of of the OEM box. The next Mach-E fobs he programs will probably take 10 minutes but he invested a lot of time with mine. He felt it was worth his time and appreciated that I let him learn on mine.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also got mine from CarAndTruckRemote today. I will be looking to find a non-dealer somewhere in the South San Francisco Bay Area to program it.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I also got mine from CarAndTruckRemote today. I will be looking to find a non-dealer somewhere in the South San Francisco Bay Area to program it.
Let me know who you find. I found one quote from non-dealer locksmith in Bay Area to be $140. Dealer may be $200...

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I ordered 2 extra fobs from car and truck remotes and received them this week. Made an appointment with my dealer for this Thursday to get both programmed and they quoted me $150 CAD.

Even the guy behind the service desk thought it was pretty crazy that I only received 1 fob on an $80,000 vehicle. Just crazy if you ask me. But otherwise I'm very happy with my vehicle.

pokesfans

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac XT5, Mustang Mach E Premium AWD IB
Country flag
Just ordered an extra key fob from my dealer since PaaK is unreliable. The dealer quoted cost for the fob is $91.98 and labor to program will be $125. I was able to apply my FordPass Rewards points to the purchase so total cost for the fob and programming will be $120. Hope this helps.
Sponsored