Question regarding OEM Windshield Washer Fluid?

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Howdy Folks,

I took delivery of my 2023 Mach-E GT in early December, and one of the first things I noticed was that the windshield washer fluid has a distinctive smell to it. I describe it as clean smelling, and I quite like it. Does anyone know what specific fluid Ford uses, and if can be purchased for refills? Thanks!

Rich S..
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I actually hate the smell, but Iā€™m pretty sure the Ford spec and part number are in the manual.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Interesting! I really liked the smell also, and wondered the same thing but never thought to ask the group...

OP
OP

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I actually hate the smell, but Iā€™m pretty sure the Ford spec and part number are in the manual.
LOL, that's pretty funny. I wonder how many others dislike it? Thanks, I will take a look in there. Appreciate you taking the time for a response :cool:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
LOL, that's pretty funny. I wonder how many others dislike it? Thanks, I will take a look in there. Appreciate you taking the time for a response :cool:
Itā€™s just meā€¦Iā€™m fairly sensitive to odd smells. I tend to buy unscented everything! šŸ˜„

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Yeah, they definitely did not customer-test that smell.

Cannot wait to be through it and get to Rain-X or something else that does not smell like a combination of wiper fluid and cologne/perfume/cheap scented candles.

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My wife hates it and can't stop complaining about it lol

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I was running low so when I went tot he Ford dealership where i got my car in Ca. Parts couldn't order me one or would not have them in stock. The chemicals in the fluid is the reason he mentioned. If I remember is not allowed to go into the drains.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I do know that replacing the cabin filter with a higher quality HEPA filter significantly dampens the strength of the washer fluid smell inside the cabin, so that's for those of us who hate it :)
I did notice that smell seemed to be less prominent after swapping out the OEM filter with the Pureflow one that people here recommended. I also added Rain-X wiper fluid when the stock washer fluid ran out. Didnā€™t live the smell of the OEM fluid and I like the Rain-X stuff.
Sponsored