Random question....front license plate bracket...

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
Does Ford automatically install the front license plate bracket if it is on the Monroney sticker? I'm hoping that's not the case as I don't want it on as my state does not require it. My sales guy really wasn't sure.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
No, it depends on the dealer. In California, most cars I looked at, the dealers put them on. For an ordered car, just tell your salesman you do NOT, under any circumstance, want the front plate on. The dealer installs it as part of the delivery checklist, but, again, you can tell them not to. When I saw my GT PE had been delivered to the dealer, I called right away and told my sales guy to make sure they know not to put the bracket on.

0x0000

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 (RWD)
Country flag
It's an option you can add at the time you configure the vehicle. I think it does not come standard unless you specifically request it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Random question....front license plate bracket... Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.04.13 AM

OP
OP

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
Yep and it's on the order of the car I have reserved which is what has me concerned. I was able to secure a car that was just built and is being shipped soon and noticed the bracket was on the order.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does Ford automatically install the front license plate bracket if it is on the Monroney sticker? I'm hoping that's not the case as I don't want it on as my state does not require it. My sales guy really wasn't sure.
They used to install them at the factory, but enough people complained that they stopped doing that. Now you just need to ask your dealer to not install it.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
I'm in Virginia, a front plate state, but repeated 3-4 times to my sales contact that I didn't want the bracket installed (yes, I added it to my 10/1/21 order so it was going to be in the trunk). When the car arrived at the dealership, I asked my contact to get the bracket from the trunk and hold it at his desk so the prep staff couldn't find it LOL. In the end, the rep said that the dealership holds off mounting front brackets for a lot of buyers buying different models.

Last edited:

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Front is required in my state as well, but even without me asking, my dealer didn't install it. I presume some dealers get so many requests to not install it, they just keep it in the trunk as a matter of course.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
It's an option you can add at the time you configure the vehicle. I think it does not come standard unless you specifically request it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.04.13 AM.png
I believe by law (depending on state) the dealership is supposed to provide the front plate bracket whether you choose the option or not if you live in a state where front plates are required. Now whether they install them or not is likely on a dealer-to-dealer basis

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
So while the dealer didn't mount the Ford bracket to my bumper, I did buy the Sto-n-Sho plate mount so, yes, I have a front plate in Virginia ("I'm clean officer, I'm clean!")

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So while the dealer didn't mount the Ford bracket to my bumper, I did buy the Sto-n-Go plate mount so, yes, I have a front plate in Virginia ("I'm clean officer, I'm clean!")
Same here: I got my car in NJ which also requires a front plate, but it came loose in the back and they didn't install it per my request. I also use the Sto-n-sho bracket. It looks much better than the standard bracket.

First Name
JU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME P AWD EXT, F150
Country flag
Same here: I got my car in NJ which also requires a front plate, but it came loose in the back and they didn't install it per my request. I also use the Sto-n-sho bracket. It looks much better than the standard bracket.
did you have any issues? As soon as I installed mine the car said pre collision avoidance was disabled and I was unable to use adaptive cruise control. Sto n show does not seem to be a viable option.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yep and it's on the order of the car I have reserved which is what has me concerned. I was able to secure a car that was just built and is being shipped soon and noticed the bracket was on the order.
Ask the dealer to not install. Worst case scenario is removing it and using the color matched plugs from OCD plug or others.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
did you have any issues? As soon as I installed mine the car said pre collision avoidance was disabled and I was unable to use adaptive cruise control. Sto n show does not seem to be a viable option.
A couple times I got random front beeping when at a stoplight, but that went away and I have no errors now. It might be you have the wrong bracket. They made a design change to prevent sensor errors. I also replaced by aluminum plate with a vinyl one on the front, which may have helped.

Here are the pictures of my car with the Sto-n-sho:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/304150/

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I live in a state that requires a front plate. I have no problem with a front plate, I just don't like the bracket. So, I took the bracket off and added a vinyl plate to cover the holes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Random question....front license plate bracket... 20210912_144855 (2)

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
It's install by the dealership now. My state requires it to be installed, but i specifically requested my dealership not to. Bracket came with car but was shoved into the trunk. No holes was drilled =)
Sponsored