Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I think how bad this turns out to be will be dictated by how gimped the cars become with the software "fix"

Not to bad - occasional and brief power or DC charge speed cuts. Wouldn't be great, but most would live with it.

Bad - DC fast charging disabled for the Mach-e (L1 and L2 charging only), power reduced by 80%, 50mph top speed limit. Basically turning it into a city use only car.
Event the accountants at Ford would not suggest this. I hope!
Sponsored

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
My Mach E Performance GT was built 5/26, I am supposed to receive delivery the week of 7/10. Since my vehicle was built 2 days after the recall dates I wonder if they already corrected the problem on my suv.
If you have a VIN you can run it through Ford's site to check.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
When I saw this post, my mind says they knew this 9 months ago when the demos were being converted to retail sales. Most dealer demos were out in the spring of 2021 and used up by early fall. What took so long to figure out?
Ethical failures, that's what took so long.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Some of the worst-case scenarios people post on here are so funny:

"Oh man, a software fix for the high-voltage contactor issue??!? Now Ford will have no choice but to cap the car's speed at 10 mph, steering will be disabled, only automated BlueCruise driving will be allowed, the car battery will only be allowed a single recharge and then you're legally required to dispose of it personally at the Ford factory in Mexico (I guess you'd have to tow it?), the cupholders will randomly explode your drinks all over you while you're driving, power steering will disallow any right turns at the last minute, the navigation system will refuse to guide you anywhere but the bottom of disused quarries, etc."

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Some of the worst-case scenarios people post on here are so funny:

"Oh man, a software fix for the high-voltage contactor issue??!? Now Ford will have no choice but to cap the car's speed at 10 mph, steering will be disabled, only automated BlueCruise driving will be allowed, the car battery will only be allowed a single recharge and then you're legally required to dispose of it personally at the Ford factory in Mexico (I guess you'd have to tow it?), the cupholders will randomly explode your drinks all over you while you're driving, power steering will disallow any right turns at the last minute, the navigation system will refuse to guide you anywhere but the bottom of disused quarries, etc."

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
lol yeah, this car will literally turn into a rock after this OTA. Might as well be Fred Flintstone

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Shipping for my car was 87 days
OUCH! So your car was built...but then did not ship for 3 months? I am wondering if this whole recall/stop sale thing is going to mean a complete shutdown of production/shipping? I am losing hope I will ever see mine and thinking about putting in reservations for other cars as a hedge.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
If you have a VIN you can run it through Ford's site to check.
I wouldn't read too much into running it right now since I have a feeling ALL Mach E VINs for the US were added to the stop sale and it will not be until the official recall notice is generated to owners that the actual VINs that are affected will be known.

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
So for those who are expecting to take delivery starting like yesterday....who have now been told they can't take delivery until this software fix is performed on the two modules...as in cars already at the dealerships or 'in-transit'....

I wonder if anybody @Ford Motor Company have created a "tiger team" to identify those VINs and the customers affected with the idea of reaching out and posting the two updates to those specific modules for those VINs on FDRS, specifically so that deliveries can go ahead as planned.

Or are they not that flexible?

🤔

Hmmmm. I wonder.
I am one of those (was supposed to pick it up today) and I am not holding my breath on something like that. I'm sure I will get a congrats from the account when I finally get my car like everone else does, but it will probably be crickets until then.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wouldn't read too much into running it right now since I have a feeling ALL Mach E VINs for the US were added to the stop sale and it will not be until the official recall notice is generated to owners that the actual VINs that are affected will be known.
This is true.

So many people are wasting so much time looking up things, calling Ford, chatting with Ford, etc. Total waste of time.

When the VINs are known, FordPass will show the recall.

Lemmings...

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
As per FAQ, if I avoid DC (CCS) fast charging and don't have "repeated wide open pedal events".. I should be good, right? :)
If you have opened your pedal - widely - two times since purchasing your Mustang, that is repeated, and you are screwed!

Fortunately, my pedal does not open. It only moves up and down, so I should be ok.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This is true.

So many people are wasting so much time looking up things, calling Ford, chatting with Ford, etc. Total waste of time.

When the VINs are known, FordPass will show the recall.

Lemmings...
Wait, isn't it all US VINS? Mr. Farley said " This action affects 48,924 vehicles in the U.S." That is approximately EVERY electric Mustang sold in the U.S, is it not?

My apologies if this was clearly explained in post #1017...

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
OUCH! So your car was built...but then did not ship for 3 months? I am wondering if this whole recall/stop sale thing is going to mean a complete shutdown of production/shipping? I am losing hope I will ever see mine and thinking about putting in reservations for other cars as a hedge.
Mine took 51 days to get from Mexico City to the dealer. Not quite as bad as 87 days, but now it sits waiting for the recall to be done before I can take delivery.

It also took 30 some odd days after it was built to ship.
Sponsored