AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
If they can get it right soon enough then I'm sure marketing will have some good material to have fun with

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
That’s not the point. A great many people don’t know anything about Tesla’s FSD. They are going to see this video and condemn the system based on its own merits. This was a huge mistake by Ford to put someone like him in the car to record a video like this, in a place that THEY KNEW THERE WOULD BE AN ISSUE.
Yes, they did the wrong demo on wrong location with wrong person at the wrong time. Unfortunately the damage is done, the average person only judges based on what they see from the eye instead of digging out the truth.

A most stupid move before launching a new product, enough to put into the textbook.

Last edited:

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
He does have a point about not knowing what the vehicle is about to do. A simple arrow confirming the vehicle sees the curve seems like a no brainer.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't get the weird obsession that people have on this forum with Tesla. Coming from a Audi, no one ever mentions BMW / Benz on the enthusiasts forums.
Yeah I see it, too, and it is a little frustrating. I think it may be in large part reactionary to the dozens of "Stans" that have polluted the forum with pro-Tesla, anti-Other-EV nonsense.

Luckily the admins do a reasonably good job of booting each of them out once their negative agenda becomes apparent.

BlueCruise is one of our hot trigger subjects since many feel inclined to compare it to Tesla's L2 ADAS offerings. ?

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
Levine clarified on Twitter that through curves BlueCruise may prompt the driver to put their hands on the wheel, but lane centering would be active. So provided your speed isn’t too high to go through the curve, lane centering should handle it. Not ideal, but not a big deal either.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
This video wasn’t great for Ford, but hopefully the public criticism will push them to acknowledge the systems weak points and make it better, faster.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
This video wasn’t great for Ford, but hopefully the public criticism will push them to acknowledge the systems weak points and make it better, faster.
This is my hope... someone should have already got an earful about not only allowing this video to be made in the first place, but also about why BlueCruise kicks off in that spot in the first place. If ACC or ICC and ALC all work (as confirmed by Mike Lavine), then why does BlueCruise freak out?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't get the weird obsession that people have on this forum with Tesla. Coming from a Audi, no one ever mentions BMW / Benz on the enthusiasts forums.
Maybe those two companies and their patrons are reputable enough not to troll an Audi forum? Not the case with all as has been clearly seen here over the last couple of weeks or so. It is not only praising a Tesla but slamming a Ford over and over again on items that mean nothing. That is why all social media sites have mods/admin as disinformation is a thing and used by those that can do no better. What amazes me is how good it has become when some social platforms (even governments) let it and how many are susceptible to it. Gets harder and harder to sift thru the BS online. People just don't have the time for that and therefore take away a piece of that BS as fact. Tesla is a tech company and knows that and how it works. Never buying a Tesla. I spent the time to sift thru the BS. Do you remember the internet back in 1995; I miss those times. The good old days ?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I drove I-75 north last night After a rainstorm. Through the construction zone, where the Road was wet and the lights were off, Acrive lane centering had all kinds of issues tracking the lane. this didn’t surprise me much as I was working harder to see the lane markings myself. By the time I got to Rochester Rd, it had dried up, and the lights were working, and the car went through that curve along with the one at Big Beaver rd and the one at Square Lake rd just fine. By “just fine” I mean that I kept both my hands in contact with the wheel, but only applied barely enough input to keep the ADAS systems functioning.

i do not believe the issue is the car losing sight of the lane, but rather the vision systems not being able to see traffic far enough ahead. That is clearly speculation on my part, but it’s also the only thing that makes any sense.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The demo was bad for different reasons. Munro didn't know what he was doing and what was happening. When BC showed "hands on the wheel" it didn't disengage the intelligent cruise as Munro suggested. And the Ford engineer either didn't see, or was unprepared and basically uttered some excuse to the effect that the system wasn't ready. Munro being a Tesla fanboy proceeded to passively-aggressively lambast BC trying to make a point how much better Tesla is.
Ultimately it's a Ford's blunder. You shouldn't ask a biased individual to "review" your technology, especially when it's fresh from the oven and possibly buggy and even worse when you don't control the experiment.
On that we agree. Ford should have done this privately with him like the other outlets they did it with. Print only. This was a bad showing all around.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Maybe those two companies and their patrons are reputable enough not to troll an Audi forum? Not the case with all as has been clearly seen here over the last couple of weeks or so. It is not only praising a Tesla but slamming a Ford over and over again on items that mean nothing. That is why all social media sites have mods/admin as disinformation is a thing and used by those that can do no better. What amazes me is how good it has become when some social platforms (even governments) let it and how many are susceptible to it. Gets harder and harder to sift thru the BS online. People just don't have the time for that and therefore take away a piece of that BS as fact. Tesla is a tech company and knows that and how it works. Never buying a Tesla. I spent the time to sift thru the BS. Do you remember the internet back in 1995; I miss those times. The good old days ?
In all fairness, Henry Ford was a fan/supporter/patron of Thomas Edison, so Tesla v Ford goes back a ways.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In all fairness, Henry Ford was a fan/supporter/patron of Thomas Edison, so Tesla v Ford goes back a ways.
My first tractor was a 6v Fordson 9N I converted it to run on a 12V. So ya Ford goes back a ways for sure. The 9N had a glass float bowl but the number of IC's and its conductivity was limited. Just stating the obvious mike should check before tweeting.