So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Bleeding edge? What is "bleeding" about this technology? Maybe only for Ford as many others do it for many years.

It just boggles how much crap was said and still continues about Tesla quality. And Tesla produced 500K cars only last year. And I do not think we have even 10K MMEs sold - it seriously concerning and disappointing :(
To be fair, Tesla has had issues for all of their vehicles and for years and years after they launch. Maybe the MS is the most stable? The MX and M3 continue to have quality issues years after launch, as does the MY though for this one it is not years but several months since the launch.

Ford is about two weeks in with deliveries of any significant quantity on the MME.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bleeding edge? What is "bleeding" about this technology? Maybe only for Ford as many others do it for many years.

It just boggles how much crap was said and still continues about Tesla quality. And Tesla produced 500K cars only last year. And I do not think we have even 10K MMEs sold - it seriously concerning and disappointing :(
Count me as an unconcerned and definitely NOT disappointed Mach-E owner. Since others have implied that every car has disappointed, I would like to point out that some of us new Mach-E owners are quite pleased with our Mach-Es. I do not believe I have ever badmouthed Tesla or any other car on this forum. I will not badmouth any product unless I am providing an accurate first hand report of a problem that occurred to my product sample and I feel the seller did not take good faith care of a problem. But, hey, I am also very pleased with my dealer while some others have made it sound like every dealer is either dishonest, abusive, or a crook.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
To be fair, Tesla has had issues for all of their vehicles and for years and years after they launch. Maybe the MS is the most stable? The MX and M3 continue to have quality issues years after launch, as does the MY though for this one it is not years but several months since the launch.

Ford is about two weeks in with deliveries of any significant quantity on the MME.
I agree - that's why I still have my MME order intact - waiting how Ford responds...

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Food for thought:
Many of us started this journey after reading and researching.
We new it would not be perfect (what is), but we went ahead just the same. Reasons varied and some were the same.
We hoped that some of us would have our MME in 2020. That did not happen.
We knew there would be glitches along the way. What they would be, we knew not.
We all realized early on that there were would be software problems. Either from our recent previous experiences or current battles with Ford site imperfections.
The shortage of competent software/tech. "engineers" does not affect Ford alone. Ford is new to the tech. game and does not have the glamour appeal or the current ability to hire skilled craftsmen. It would be great if we trained enough skilled people to accomplish all we would like. Unfortunately it is more attractive and lucrative to work for the dark side (hackers, Russians, Chinese, Microsoft, etc.).
The current state of affairs in the computer landscape shows us how easy it is for the dark side to run roughshod over our negligent, fast asleep tech. industry.
We gamble, and invest in Ford and other companies.
We trust in hopes that Beowulf will prevail. Must be some old school integrity somewhere out there.
MME

jeng

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I know we are all MME all the time on this forum. Since this thread is discussing all of the initial issues with the early roll out of the MME, I thought it would be prudent to compare the early issues with another electric car launch. Namely the VW Id.3 First Editions in Europe. Now to be fare VW did tell them that the software on the car was the pre-production versions, and the first three months of the lease was free as a result. I still thought it was a bad idea releasing car to any customer base that had no or faulty navigation and driver assistance features.

Hopefully the video helps drives home the notion that there will aways be issues with any brand new vehicle launches.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
Count me as an unconcerned and definitely NOT disappointed Mach-E owner. Since others have implied that every car has disappointed, I would like to point out that some of us new Mach-E owners are quite pleased with our Mach-Es. I do not believe I have ever badmouthed Tesla or any other car on this forum. I will not badmouth any product unless I am providing an accurate first hand report of a problem that occurred to my product sample and I feel the seller did not take good faith care of a problem. But, hey, I am also very pleased with my dealer while some others have made it sound like every dealer is either dishonest, abusive, or a crook.
I'm concerned. Being stranded without a working vehicle is not a minor issue. The 12V charging needs to work all day every day.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

A few forum posts are not exactly a representative sample.

If you go onto absolutely any car's forum and read for a bit, you'll find that it's just full of problems people are having with that car. That's not because that car is unreliable, it's because that's what people primarily use car forums for - helping to problem solve issues with their vehicles. Expect those posts to continue, but know it's not representative. It's concentrated. 99% of them are just fine.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Unfortunately it is more attractive and lucrative to work for the dark side (hackers, Russians, Chinese, Microsoft, etc.).
That's one hilarious thought...

Probably, in another world, the world where I live, it's attractive and VERY lucrative to work for Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, AirBnb, Walmart Labs, some more. And yes - Microsoft too - but not because they are on a dark side :) Btw, I worked for Tesla too, for a short period of time - and it's not too much fun to work there, pretty hectic and disorganized place (maybe on purpose - as it is one of the theories of Elon) and not very lucrative - unless you've got a lot of stock in March 2020 and still have it :)

My suggestion - do not watch too many bad movies and do not read too many yellow newspapers :)

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For sure -- I meant specifically those Ford employees who are the engineers directly related to the Mach-E.
If you pay close attention to the kinds of details that come up every once in a while, the answer to your question is "yes". You just have to ignore people like me who are clearly speculating half the time to notice the members that never speculate nor complain.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag

Tesla is 12 years in Ford is what 3 months in. You can't compare Ford to Tesla that way(EV).

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tesla is 12 years in Ford is what 3 months in. You can't compare Ford to Tesla that way(EV).
Technically Henry Ford was a pioneer like us, he bought a Detroit Electric Coupe for his wife.

"This elegant four-passenger Model 90 coupe was in regular use from 1922 to 1934. A large battery provided electricity for the vehicle's electric motor. The car had a driving range of 70 to 100 miles between charges and a top speed of about 25 miles per..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Electric

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ford is 117 years in. They've had electrical systems with 12V batteries since not that long after they started. They've had on board computers and embedded systems on the road since the EEC engine control system launched in 1975. That was 45 years ago they should know how to develop software for modules.

Even PAAK has been out 2 years now on Aviator.

Nothing that is failing here seems to be "new" tech. That bothers me more.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just weeks ago the only complaints here were about the delay in deliveries, everyone wanted his car yesterday. Now the sky is falling for some and they can't run away fast enough. ? I am at the very end of the line and the wait will be many months long, so I have the luxury of not having to deal with any of the headaches experienced by some of the first owners, as well as the anxiety felt by those next in line for delivery. That said, having seen new product launches (in other industries) as well as being involved in one (unrelated to automobiles), it is my expectation that no matter how much a product is tested before public release, having 500 employees enrolled in a trial is different from having 5,000 paying customers using the product in real-life settings, and the pressure felt by the people supporting this vehicle launch is enormous right now. They must be given sufficient time to troubleshoot. I am willing to give Ford every opportunity to fix the list of issues uncovered by early adopters, and as of now I am confident they will meet the challenge. If however Ford doesn't step up and address the outstanding issues, particularly serious ones that get people stranded, I will eventually bail. One thing that I have always found off-putting about Tesla, besides my personal preferences on how a car should look or function and some things Musk has said and done, is the online army of Tesla enthusiasts/trolls. I am buying a car, not joining some kind of cult.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford is 117 years in. They've had electrical systems with 12V batteries since not that long after they started. They've had on board computers and embedded systems on the road since the EEC engine control system launched in 1975. That was 45 years ago they should know how to develop software for modules.

Even PAAK has been out 2 years now on Aviator.

Nothing that is failing here seems to be "new" tech. That bothers me more.
Remember a new implementation of old tech in a new place can introduce bugs. Do you think the PAAK system in the Mach E is exactly the same as the PAAK system that was in the Aviator 2 years ago? Even the latest Aviator may have new PAAK components.

We're looking at a rapid electron-letting by a vampire loss. All the symptoms my videos showed were consistent with just a loss of power in the LVB. at the same time, a similar situation has occurred in the 2021 F-150: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-ford-f-150-pickups-battery-drain/6753464002/

It sounds like something in shared technology like PAAK, Sync 4, ADAS, etc. The drivetrains are completely different in the Mach E and the F-150 and I'm sure the batteries are different. This brings is down to hardware or software in a peripheral system. If the Mach E and F-150 issues are related, then it's something common between the two. That is certainly where I would be looking first.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
You should go buy a lottery ticket...like today! You're content, have a perfect car, and you had a good experience with your dealer. Stars and moons are aligned pal, go get a lottery ticket.
Sponsored