Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Hello All,

I've owned my Model 3 for a year and a half now, and just this past weekend I decided to get rid of it. This last Tesla service visit really struck a nerve with me and made me decide to get rid of it sooner than I had hoped.

Over the last month, I starting having a terrible squeaking sound coming from the right front side of the car. It was getting worse as time was passing, and it was the upper control arm failing. I made an appointment for Tesla to see it, and rotate the tires. 30,000 miles on the car, by the way. Once I got the car back, on the way home the right side aero cover came off going down the interstate (mechanic didn't properly put the covers back on the wheels). Car behind me run right over it. Immediately when I get home, I text and email the service center (only means of communication). No response. So I am forced to call the Tesla hotline and explain to the guy what happened, so he says ok no problem. Put me on hold for 5 minutes to only hang up and not call me back. Great. Now I have to call the 1-800 hotline and explain everything all over again. So I do that and this next guy gets a hold of them and says someone will be contacting me shortly about the issue.

I wait a day, and no call or email. So I call the 1-800 number again. Keep in mind this is now day 4 of no answer from Tesla on getting a replacement aero cover. This time this guy tells me how to get ahold of the service center, so I give it a go. If you're not familiar with Tesla, it is almost impossible to call your local service center. I live two hours away from it so driving there to talk to someone is not in the cards. So I call maybe 10-15 times, leave voice mail messages, and no one calls me back. A few days go buy and I call the number again, and I finally get a hold of someone. They guy says, oh sorry about that - I'll ship you a new one out and it should be there tomorrow. I'll text you the tracking number. Hang up, and another day goes by where the package doesn't show up and I get no tracking number.

I have to call the service center back two more times before they finally get me a tracking number and say oops we forgot to ship it.

With that being said, this is one experience out of the 5 terrible experiences I've had with Tesla over the past year and a half of ownership. Car has been nothing but headaches dealing with them. I've never had a good service center experience. I've posted multiple times in this forum how bad it is, and when I post on any Tesla forum I get target and disregarded as some Tesla hater or stock shorter. Folks, Tesla service is going to be the demise of that company.

So I took my car to my local ford dealership, traded it in and bought a brand new 2020 Ford Raptor, my dream truck. Mach E isn't out yet, and I couldn't wait any longer dealing with the god awful Tesla service department. The Ford dealership was amazing and it was a no pressure sale, gave me an excellent trade in price for my Tesla and overall made me want to buy another vehicle from them when the Time comes.

My Tesla was delivered in a parking lot rushed with no one having a clue how the car operates. It's like two totally different worlds, and glad to be back with a Legacy car maker.

Here is the beaut:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sold My Model 3 - for a Ford IMG-2960

Thank you all for your time,
Mark
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I give Tesla a lot of credit for moving the EV forward. Without a Tesla, a lot of legacy car makers would just be making compliance cars for the Euro market.

That being said, Tesla is a technology company trying to make cars. I have heard stories like yours time and time again. That's why I have been waiting for a real manufacturer to make an electric car like Ford. I don't need to be a Beta tester traveling at 70 MPH on a highway.

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I give Tesla a lot of credit for moving the EV forward. Without a Tesla, a lot of legacy car makers would just be making compliance cars for the Euro market.

That being said, Tesla is a technology company trying to make cars. I have heard stories like yours time and time again. That's why I have been waiting for a real manufacturer to make an electric car like Ford. I don't need to be a Beta tester traveling at 70 MPH on a highway.
Very true. I am eager to get in the Mach E - should run laps around the Tesla! I would never recommend anyone buy a Tesla unless they know the hassle they're about to get themselves into.

Apple Carplay is so nice in the Ford, don't miss the Tesla interface for a minute. Just wish it would work over Bluetooth :D

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
That sounds like you have a good plan ahead of you. Yes it is, my plan was to get the Mach E for daily driving and a basic truck for towing my soon to be RV, but things changed and I just went ahead and got the good ole raptor. I couldn't wait for the Mach E, but I still will love to get behind one when the come out. Would be the perfect daily driver to and from work.

What sold me on the Tesla was originally getting behind the wheel, and driving it. Drives like no other car I've ever been in. Wish I hadn't had wasted my time or money now, but that's behind me now.

I will tell you Apple car-play is so nice. Much nicer than the Tesla infotainment system. First time I've had it.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That sounds like you have a good plan ahead of you. Yes it is, my plan was to get the Mach E for daily driving and a basic truck for towing my soon to be RV, but things changed and I just went ahead and got the good ole raptor. I couldn't wait for the Mach E, but I still will love to get behind one when the come out. Would be the perfect daily driver to and from work.

What sold me on the Tesla was originally getting behind the wheel, and driving it. Drives like no other car I've ever been in. Wish I hadn't had wasted my time or money now, but that's behind me now.

I will tell you Apple car-play is so nice. Much nicer than the Tesla infotainment system. First time I've had it.
Two things:
Have to change your profile pic to the truck (those Raptors are awesome).

Jump on that RV when you can:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-motor-home-and-travel-trailer-sales-shoot-up

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Or wait a year or two to snap up a used one cheap from someone that bought one during this wave and realized they only used it once and it's just sitting there bleeding money now.
Ah yeah there will be a few of those, but there are always a few of those regardless of the rush or not (not to mention the ones people bought and found were junk so they just dumped them).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ah yeah there will be a few of those, but there are always a few of those regardless of the rush or not (not to mention the ones people bought and found were junk so they just dumped them).
I can't really say for RVs per se, but that's the general trend for anything that's bought in a fad surge. Especially if it's something not used frequently.

Once that surge is over and buyers realize they aren't really using it enough to justify the cost, then there's a surge in used ones on the market. Which commonly drives the price down (more supply than demand).

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I can't really say for RVs per se, but that's the general trend for anything that's bought in a fad surge. Especially if it's something not used frequently.

Once that surge is over and buyers realize they aren't really using it enough to justify the cost, then there's a surge in used ones on the market. Which commonly drives the price down (more supply than demand).
What's the adage? The two happiest days in a boat owner’s life: the day you buy the boat, and the day you sell the boat.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hello All,

I've owned my Model 3 for a year and a half now, and just this past weekend I decided to get rid of it. This last Tesla service visit really struck a nerve with me and made me decide to get rid of it sooner than I had hoped.

Over the last month, I starting having a terrible squeaking sound coming from the right front side of the car. It was getting worse as time was passing, and it was the upper control arm failing. I made an appointment for Tesla to see it, and rotate the tires. 30,000 miles on the car, by the way. Once I got the car back, on the way home the right side aero cover came off going down the interstate (mechanic didn't properly put the covers back on the wheels). Car behind me run right over it. Immediately when I get home, I text and email the service center (only means of communication). No response. So I am forced to call the Tesla hotline and explain to the guy what happened, so he says ok no problem. Put me on hold for 5 minutes to only hang up and not call me back. Great. Now I have to call the 1-800 hotline and explain everything all over again. So I do that and this next guy gets a hold of them and says someone will be contacting me shortly about the issue.

I wait a day, and no call or email. So I call the 1-800 number again. Keep in mind this is now day 4 of no answer from Tesla on getting a replacement aero cover. This time this guy tells me how to get ahold of the service center, so I give it a go. If you're not familiar with Tesla, it is almost impossible to call your local service center. I live two hours away from it so driving there to talk to someone is not in the cards. So I call maybe 10-15 times, leave voice mail messages, and no one calls me back. A few days go buy and I call the number again, and I finally get a hold of someone. They guy says, oh sorry about that - I'll ship you a new one out and it should be there tomorrow. I'll text you the tracking number. Hang up, and another day goes by where the package doesn't show up and I get no tracking number.

I have to call the service center back two more times before they finally get me a tracking number and say oops we forgot to ship it.

With that being said, this is one experience out of the 5 terrible experiences I've had with Tesla over the past year and a half of ownership. Car has been nothing but headaches dealing with them. I've never had a good service center experience. I've posted multiple times in this forum how bad it is, and when I post on any Tesla forum I get target and disregarded as some Tesla hater or stock shorter. Folks, Tesla service is going to be the demise of that company.

So I took my car to my local ford dealership, traded it in and bought a brand new 2020 Ford Raptor, my dream truck. Mach E isn't out yet, and I couldn't wait any longer dealing with the god awful Tesla service department. The Ford dealership was amazing and it was a no pressure sale, gave me an excellent trade in price for my Tesla and overall made me want to buy another vehicle from them when the Time comes.

My Tesla was delivered in a parking lot rushed with no one having a clue how the car operates. It's like two totally different worlds, and glad to be back with a Legacy car maker.

Here is the beaut:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sold My Model 3 - for a Ford IMG-2960

Thank you all for your time,
Mark
I gave up my Mach E reservation only due to COVID 19 issues and just bought the 2020 Ford Escape Titanium. It’s an awesome little vehicle and I do look forward to going electric in a year or two once the Mach E has arrived! LOVE MY FORD!!! Congrats on the Raptor. It’s a sharp vehicle that’s for sure!!!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I gave up my Mach E reservation only due to COVID 19 issues and just bought the 2020 Ford Escape Titanium. It’s an awesome little vehicle and I do look forward to going electric in a year or two once the Mach E has arrived! LOVE MY FORD!!! Congrats on the Raptor. It’s a sharp vehicle that’s for sure!!!
My current car is a 2016 Escape Titanium And it has been my favorite car ever. 145,000 miles on it as I drive 90 M-F for work. Great car, versatile, perfect size. I am hoping I end up loving the MME as much.
Sponsored