Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi, glad you brought this up. I've been busy working on several other projects on the car and traveling a lot so haven't updated my post on that board. I mainly got the HVBJB to check it out and take photos of it for others that were interested and to possibly have the part installed before mine craps out if it ever does. In talking to Todd, we figured out that my parts guy ordered the wrong part for my specific car (GT) so I have since returned the part (since I didn't use it, they took it back).
So that part is not for the GT as noted on the OP it is for the select? Have no idea why the smoke and mirrors on part numbers but that appears to be the push. Looks pretty clear on the TSB if right what the three new part numbers are. Original LJ9Z-10C666-A
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Throwing in my two cents - if the dealer orders and installs the wrong part, at least those of us in the forum should be aware of it.

So is the TSB correct, and should we make sure our repairs are completed using the correct part? Or just trust the process? Although Mark went outside of the normal process by ordering the part himself, it still demonstrates the wrong part can be ordered and could be installed.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Throwing in my two cents - if the dealer orders and installs the wrong part, at least those of us in the forum should be aware of it.

So is the TSB correct, and should we make sure our repairs are completed using the correct part? Or just trust the process? Although Mark went outside of the normal process by ordering the part himself, it still demonstrates the wrong part can be ordered and could be installed.
Assume Mark ordered it through a reputable supplier and noted what here wanted it for. They can order and throw the GT part number in mine no problems here ;). But the select's in a GT may be a lot of work for nothing. A bit confusing for sure. Nickel and dime and there needs to be 3 different ones now. Wonder if the original LJ9Z-10C666-A still exists and has been rebranded NK4Z-10C666-C for use in the base model. Mark has good pics for that base model HVJB and now we wait for him to post of the big bad LK9Z-10C666-A.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Hide and seek. What was the original part number again? They have part numbers correct and there are 3 different ones now. You note @markboris - his post - of the latest revision -C HVBJB for the AWD/GT Line and the pictures state the part number is NK4Z-10C666-C. That part number appears to correspond to the base model in the TSB not a GT or the extended version. Appears he may have the wrong part for the GT and part numbers are still important.
In talking to Todd, we figured out that my parts guy ordered the wrong part for my specific car (GT) so I have since returned the part (since I didn't use it, they took it back).
The part numbers have gone through multiple revisions on this forum based on information online, information obtained directly from Ford and through documentation.

Mark ordered the part number by asking the dealer to order that number. As Mark said, I communicated with him outside of this forum, directly, and informed him that the part was incorrect for his vehicle.

Have no idea why the smoke and mirrors on part numbers but that appears to be the push.
There's no smoke and mirrors. Flat out - I don't want to keep track of these numbers. It's led to a headache more than anything. Ford has changed the numbers so many times on me that I don't want to keep up with it. Additionally, members on the forum have contacted me many times about part numbers and their service departments ordering the incorrect one. Lastly, the dealership can order the old one, put it on the invoice, but will get the new one. It's a cluster fuck and this is the exact reason why I removed them.

If you all want to try to communicate with Ford and figure it out, go right ahead. Post what they tell you, watch them change it 3 days later, then change it again and so on. Have fun with that.

As an example:

https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-junction-block-nk4z10c666c?c=az0xJnE9TEo5Wi0xMEM2NjYtQQ==

^^ Shows a -C

The TSB from a couple days ago says -A, which the above shows -C replacing.

I would hope you can understand the confusion and all the direct messages I get surrounding this. I don't need that in my life. If I say it's one thing someone will come at me with, "but over here it says"...

Ford has confirmed to me through multiple people that the old parts are no longer in the system. The only HVBJBs available are the newer, beefier, ones. That is sufficient for me. I'm done with part numbers.

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's no smoke and mirrors. Flat out - I don't want to keep track of these numbers. It's led to a headache more than anything. Ford has changed the numbers so many times on me that I don't want to keep up with it. Additionally, members on the forum have contacted me many times about part numbers and their service departments ordering the incorrect one. Lastly, the dealership can order the old one, put it on the invoice, but will get the new one. It's a cluster fuck and this is the exact reason why I removed them.

If you all want to try to communicate with Ford and figure it out, go right ahead. Post what they tell you, watch them change it 3 days later, then change it again and so on. Have fun with that.
That is what I said Ford is playing smoke and mirrors. Thinking they still do not have it completely figured out but part numbers are the only thing we have to track this. I have no contract with Ford and deal through the dealer I purchased it from. Ford tells them about as much as we know.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
That is what I said Ford is playing smoke and mirrors. Thinking they still do not have it completely figured out but part numbers are the only thing we have to track this. I have no contract with Ford and deal through the dealer I purchased it from. Ford tells them about as much as we know.
Unless you get a picture of the box form the dealership before it's installed you'll never know the exact part number going into the car. You can't trust the invoice or work order as they can order the old part on that document.

Is the system good, no. But it's not my job to fix it and I get text messages and DMs almost daily about part numbers and "what abouts". I'm over it.

I personally believe that the new revised part is going into cars as of May 25, 2022. I also believe that the old parts have been purged from the system. 4-5 months ago I saw the email from the highest person in the company saying there was a new hardware version of the HVBJB and it was going into cars for road testing. So yes, I do believe that there's a new hardware version. If you elect not to believe that, so be it. I can't help you there.

My choice to remove the part numbers from the OP was because I don't feel confident in their accuracy and I don't like all the conflicting documentation and feedback I've received. If I can't validate something with certainty then I don't want it to be published under my name.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree with Todd. I'm not dealing with this HVBJB part issue anymore until mine fails if it ever does. I have also seen the numbers change a few times and have been given the wrong information. I have more important things to work on than this so I won't be posting any more about an HVBJB unless mine fails.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

It is probably best to assume the part numbers in the TSB are correct, as of the date of the TSB.

As an example:

https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-junction-block-nk4z10c666c?c=az0xJnE9TEo5Wi0xMEM2NjYtQQ==

^^ Shows a -C

The TSB from a couple days ago says -A, which the above shows -C replacing.
Sorry to keep going on about this, Todd. I just want to point out one thing.

The Ford part site says:
Junction Block - Ford (NK4Z-10C666-C)
OEM Ford Junction Block​
Replaces LJ9Z-10C666-A​

The TSB says:
LK9Z-10C666-A1High Voltage Battery Junction Box (GT)

While both use "A", they are not the same part. The old one is "LJ9Z", the new one is "LK9Z".

So f-ing confusing. But for sure, the obsolete "A" part is not the same as the new "A" part.

Edit: oh, and I am not volunteering to track this any further either. 😂

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It is probably best to assume the part numbers in the TSB are correct, as of the date of the TSB.

Sorry to keep going on about this, Todd. I just want to point out one thing.

The Ford part site says:
Junction Block - Ford (NK4Z-10C666-C)
OEM Ford Junction Block​
Replaces LJ9Z-10C666-A​

The TSB says:
LK9Z-10C666-A1High Voltage Battery Junction Box (GT)

While both use "A", they are not the same part. The old one is "LJ9Z", the new one is "LK9Z".

So f-ing confusing. But for sure, the obsolete "A" part is not the same as the new "A" part.

Edit: oh, and I am not volunteering to track this any further either. 😂
This right here is part of the issue:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1659632977292

It says that NK4Z-10C666-C replaces LJ9Z-10C666-A. That's not true. NK4Z can only replace another NK4Z and LJ9Z I don't think has ever been a valid part number. So again, that's why I'm just done with it. You guys can start a new thread about part numbers if you want the headache.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unless you get a picture of the box form the dealership before it's installed you'll never know the exact part number going into the car. You can't trust the invoice or work order as they can order the old part on that document.

Is the system good, no. But it's not my job to fix it and I get text messages and DMs almost daily about part numbers and "what abouts". I'm over it.

I personally believe that the new revised part is going into cars as of May 25, 2022. I also believe that the old parts have been purged from the system. 4-5 months ago I saw the email from the highest person in the company saying there was a new hardware version of the HVBJB and it was going into cars for road testing. So yes, I do believe that there's a new hardware version. If you elect not to believe that, so be it. I can't help you there.

My choice to remove the part numbers from the OP was because I don't feel confident in their accuracy and I don't like all the conflicting documentation and feedback I've received. If I can't validate something with certainty then I don't want it to be published under my name.
Why would I elect not to believe you that there is new hardware when the TSB definitely references different part numbers for all three compared to the original. In fact I want to believe it after a year and a half something needs to give. I have been bugging them for confirmation of the part number they put in mine with no comment to date. Mid April install and I have been informed here not to hold my breath that it was most likely the original again? Maybe I am road testing the new one and don't even know it. :p Kind of doubting that however.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Where can we get thst tow card to leave in the car?.preferably laminated. Thanks

Oh..just ordered those TOW decals.....thanks for the heads up.

Now for "jack" point decals. FORD....mark these spots..lol

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Where can we get thst tow card to leave in the car?.preferably laminated. Thanks

Oh..just ordered those TOW decals.....thanks for the heads up.

Now for "jack" point decals. FORD....mark these spots..lol
First post of this thread has the links to all of that towards the bottom.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This right here is part of the issue:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 1659632977292

It says that NK4Z-10C666-C replaces LJ9Z-10C666-A. That's not true. NK4Z can only replace another NK4Z and LJ9Z I don't think has ever been a valid part number. So again, that's why I'm just done with it. You guys can start a new thread about part numbers if you want the headache.
So maybe we should just refer to the new ones as HVBJB vs HVBJB as they are beefier! Seriously though thanks for all the info you have shared.

Lilreddy

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Got my car back from Sunnyvale on Tuesday. Took about 3 weeks. Dcfc for the 1st time today. Noticed that after charging 50% of power wasn't available for maybe 5 minutes after leaving the station. Not sure if that's a new thing and part of one of the updates they did. When I got home and plugged into the 110 it ran the fans for a bit as well. Don't remember the car doing that either.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Got my car back from Sunnyvale on Tuesday. Took about 3 weeks. Dcfc for the 1st time today. Noticed that after charging 50% of power wasn't available for maybe 5 minutes after leaving the station. Not sure if that's a new thing and part of one of the updates they did. When I got home and plugged into the 110 it ran the fans for a bit as well. Don't remember the car doing that either.
That's all normal.
Sponsored