scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
When they replace this, they replace the entire board, right? I assume that contains all the contactors/resistors/etc, even any that aren't currently failing (yet)?

Mine is apparently failing just on precharge (trying to start the car, where it usually throws the SSN message and only goes into Accessory Mode) rather than the driving of it once started. Seems to drive fine with no loss of power or error messages once started (if it starts).

Be nice to get the whole thing replaced in case the others (powertrain) might fail later too.
Yes it's one part

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
@Burnsy8787 Not sure where you are in Chicagoland, but from looking at the map, Gerald Ford in the western burbs looks to be your winner.

1666927715155.png

Gerald Ford looks like a decent bet for western chicagoland.....

but I do notice that the map hasn't been updated for a month or so, so there might be others by now.

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Shockingly quick update for me: I ended up calling my local dealer first since they are literally 1 minute from my house, just to see if maybe they have shaped up since my visit earlier this year. They didn't even ask me to come in, they looked up my info in the database and confirmed the error. Said they need me to bring it in and are arranging a loaner car as we speak.

Color me surprised. They are being very helpful so far. I did ask them about COPIS and they said that is what they are doing but as it stands it is on backorder and may take a while.

My question to all you that have experienced this... I saw some people mention they got reimbursed for gas even... That can't be the norm, right? I'd have to imagine I'd be laughed at if I asked about that. The thing is, I drive about 50 miles a day and my costs of commuting just went from about 30 dollars a month to $200... which is very annoying.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Shockingly quick update for me: I ended up calling my local dealer first since they are literally 1 minute from my house, just to see if maybe they have shaped up since my visit earlier this year. They didn't even ask me to come in, they looked up my info in the database and confirmed the error. Said they need me to bring it in and are arranging a loaner car as we speak.

Color me surprised. They are being very helpful so far. I did ask them about COPIS and they said that is what they are doing but as it stands it is on backorder and may take a while.

My question to all you that have experienced this... I saw some people mention they got reimbursed for gas even... That can't be the norm, right? I'd have to imagine I'd be laughed at if I asked about that. The thing is, I drive about 50 miles a day and my costs of commuting just went from about 30 dollars a month to $200... which is very annoying.
My understanding is when the part is ordered through the copis process that indicates your vehicle is off the road, and I believe it allows the dealership to arrange for rental or loaner including fuel reimbursement, but you would have to ask them about that to be sure

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

You should still call Ford, ask for the BEV team and start a case. When you get into the dealer, tell your advisor if they can't put you in an electric loaner/rental, you need your gas reimbursed. Tell him you also drive 50 miles a day (in case they put you in a rental, not a loaner, as those generally have mileage restrictions), so you don't get charged for excess miles. Also tell the gas reimbursement to your BEV case manager.

It sounds like your dealer has seen this before, so they may also be familiar with getting your gas reimbursed.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You should still call Ford, ask for the BEV team and start a case. When you get into the dealer, tell your advisor if they can't put you in an electric loaner/rental, you need your gas reimbursed. Tell him you also drive 50 miles a day (in case they put you in a rental, not a loaner, as those generally have mileage restrictions), so you don't get charged for excess miles. Also tell the gas reimbursement to your BEV case manager.

It sounds like your dealer has seen this before, so they may also be familiar with getting your gas reimbursed.
Also the Ford BEV team will reimburse for any rental and gas expense the dealer doesn't cover with their arrangement withy rental company. Gotta call them and start a case number...

Flyboy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-2 Mach E Premium, AWD Ext Battery
Occupation
Retired Industrial Hygienist, Consultant - ISO 17025 Lab Auditor
Country flag
Well, it's been a week and a day since I got the SVS message. Two error codes - Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power and High-Voltage Battery Warning. Called the BEV Team and got a case #. They said to have it towed to the dealership service. Called for the tow & called the service desk. Got no good news, called the service mgr, even less helpful. Waited a few hours figured it was only 17 miles so I drove it there and canceled the tow. Service Mgr seemed more helpful, said he didn't have a loaner but might have one next week (it is now next week). They have had it a full week and haven't done anything, didn't even run a diagnostic!!!. I did get an ICE rental (out of my pocket for now).

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Junction box for mine has been ordered. They expect to give it back to me in about a week. They did another recently and said it was taking four days to receive them.
According to the service person I am in contact with the JB arrived late yesterday, so about a week which is what they told me to expect. Now for them to put it in line for work. Hopefully will have my baby returned by the middle of next week.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I assume any EV Certified dealer should have the right lift to drop the battery pack out, right? I was thinking about asking my service advisor just to make sure, but I didn't want to come off as one of those hovering Little League dads that thinks the service department doesn't know what they're doing. So I decided just to trust them.

Flyboy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job-2 Mach E Premium, AWD Ext Battery
Occupation
Retired Industrial Hygienist, Consultant - ISO 17025 Lab Auditor
Country flag
I asked my service mgr. if they had the lift and other required equipment. He said (with a bit of an attitude) that they haven't seen many of them (MachE's) but they spend over $14,000 on equipment to service them.

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
Well I’m now the latest victim. Happened when I was passing a car (must have punched it a little too hard 😆) on the way home last night. Got the SVS message. Luckily I could drive it into the dealership and got it diagnosed today. Dealership told me the HVBJB is back ordered and has no idea when the part will be in. I followed the tips and opened a case with Ford..hopefully that accelerates the shipment. My car is an early build (11/20 I think) with 14,700 miles so I’ve just been waiting for this day. Luckily it happened on the way home and not at some odd place! Thanks for everyone on this thread as it’s made the whole ordeal a low stress nonissue so far. I was prepared for when it happened. Fingers crossed for an easy quick fix.
Update on mine…dealer got the HVBJB installed today and a new extra key fob programmed. So a total of 10 days for me. Worked out well as I’ve been gone for work the whole time and didn’t even need a rental. It’s nice to hopefully not have to worry about this issue with a new HVBJB. Fingers crossed. Now she needs a good bath after sitting outside at the dealer for 10 days during harvest season.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag

I sent my gas receipts to my BEV agent this afternoon so we shall see how long it takes for me to receive the refund check

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Update on mine…dealer got the HVBJB installed today and a new extra key fob programmed. So a total of 10 days for me. Worked out well as I’ve been gone for work the whole time and didn’t even need a rental. It’s nice to hopefully not have to worry about this issue with a new HVBJB. Fingers crossed. Now she needs a good bath after sitting outside at the dealer for 10 days during harvest season.
Hopefully your camera doesn’t act up like mine when I picked up after HVBJB replacement
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stop Safely Now (HVBJB): Mach-E Owners Biggest Fear - Facts and Info Thread 4742D4AA-DC5E-4F95-8B6B-ABDDF779CCF7

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I assume any EV Certified dealer should have the right lift to drop the battery pack out, right? I was thinking about asking my service advisor just to make sure, but I didn't want to come off as one of those hovering Little League dads that thinks the service department doesn't know what they're doing. So I decided just to trust them.
Rule #1: Never trust a car dealership.
Sponsored