Tesla Slashes Prices

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ford is gonna see a lot of cancellations for MME with this price delta. MME 4X starts at $66k with zero tax credit vs $46,990 (after the $7500) for the Model Y LR. For $20k, a lot of people will talk themselves out of a MME and into a Model Y.

If Ford drops prices to match Tesla’s move to get under $55k, that’s gonna hurt Ford’s financials. And that’s not even counting the HVBJBs that are adding up at like $3k/pop.
Sponsored

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Ford is gonna see a lot of cancellations for MME with this price delta. MME 4X starts at $66k with zero tax credit vs $46,990 (after the $7500) for the Model Y LR. For $20k, a lot of people will talk themselves out of a MME and into a Model Y.

If Ford drops prices to match Tesla’s move to get under $55k, that’s gonna hurt Ford’s financials. And that’s not even counting the HVBJBs that are adding up at like $3k/pop.
The minimum they could do is reset the prices back to 2022 levels. I still can't believe people who buy the same car as I did 3 months back (2022 GT variant) are paying nearly 11-12K over what I paid if I account for the 7500 tax credit and the 2022 prices.

But yeah if I was in the market right now, that 7 seater model Y is really tempting with the full tax credit.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All I can say is I am glad I got my GT last April on the D plan.Tax incentive was just a cherry on top as I did not really investigate it when ordering as I assumed it would be income restricted.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
GM, Ford, Volvo and VW all have EV plants in North America and can leverage that to mitigate the disaster that Tesla just laid on them. Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, and Subaru? They’re so hosed.

A Kia Niro EV goes for $42k and while nice, it’s technologically inferior to the MME let alone a Model Y LR that now costs $46k. I don’t see how Kia sells any Niro EVs in the USA at that price.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
QUESTION: Can Tesla just lower the MSRP to get everything to be eligible for tax credit, but since they sell direct just charge over MSRP?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Damn those are some good prices. A 3 row EV for under 60k.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
QUESTION: Can Tesla just lower the MSRP to get everything to be eligible for tax credit, but since they sell direct just charge over MSRP?
*the price you see online and agree to by paying the deposit is what you pay.

* - unless it’s Tesla solar and you go thru the whole song & dance and then they renege on the deal as they jack up the price by 30%. Ask me how I know.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
unless it’s Tesla solar and you go thru the whole song & dance and then they renege on the deal as they jack up the price by 30%. Ask me how I know
There’s a reason we passed on Tesla solar when we designed and built our house. That would be the reason.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Those prices are going to clear out their inventory immediately. They did a discount ($7,500) in December and when it stopped, the inventory levels jumped back up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Slashes Prices 1673591057531