roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My five closest dealers in Austin area (50 miles) currently have 44 Mach Es to choose from all above the $55K price, damn that rapid red paint option.
Just before the end of the year I had a couple of dealers text me telling me they had models in stock. Not sure of the locations because back in April and May of 2022 I was looking at 5 states for inventory.
I found 1 new 2022 Premium MSRP at $50K but not sure if that one is spoken for by customer.
Sponsored

ultramantaro

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius, Porsche Macan, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Cubicle hamster
Country flag
Yeah, the game has changed. On my FB feed the local Hyundai dealers also have stopped tacking on markups and selling Ioniq 5's AWD trims at MSRP

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
My dealer now has 22 in stock, 2 in transit, and just took time out of their day to call me to ask if I wanted one for immediate delivery at MSRP, $5,000 less than they were selling their limited inventory for 3 weeks ago. Instead of buying one, I called back to cancel my reservation.

Ford's price hikes from last year are easily reversible, but like I said, we'll see what happens. One thing that we can be confident of is that there soon won't be a wait anywhere for Mach-E's, and the prices won't be going up, so the pressure is off for any prospective buyers.
It's possible Ford would lower prices to clear up inventories (we haven't seen that problem yet), but they don't have profit margins to cut prices on new vehicles. That's not only Ford problem. Production cuts are coming.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/tesla-slashes-prices.25104/page-37#post-588310

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
"Electric car manufacturers in Europe are slowing down production because battery cars have proven too expensive for the middle class and the supply of lithium for their batteries is too uncertain. Production in Europe this year is expected to be 12 million cars—a million less than previous estimates. Tesla, for example, is cutting prices to boost demand. Of more than 900 auto executives surveyed internationally, 76 percent believe that inflation and high-interest rates will slow sales and that EV adoption will take longer.
In the United States, that figure was 84 percent. The median expectation for EV sales by 2030 dropped to 35 percent in the United States, from 65 percent a year earlier. Longer-term impediments cited by the executives include the availability of raw materials for batteries, as well as stricter rules around federal incentives for buying electric vehicles. Also, consumers see touted fuel savings not materializing..."

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/ev-car-mania-may-be-over-or-at-least-slowing/
Just so we’re on the same page, Institute for Energy Research is a front group to the fossil fuel industry founded by Koch. Hardly an independent source for information.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag

I got both of my Mach-e's without that ADM.

I couldn't have done that with Tesla if you consider ADM to be their whimsical pricing adjustments.

It's not synonymous, objectively. Until Ford gets rid of the dealer model where you have variability or a choice to shop around and find a dealer willing to provide you the vehicle at the intended pricing, it won't be synonymous.

There are ways in which they are....but not when you're talking about pricing.

MachHunter

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E... I hope soon.
Country flag
My Ford dealer just left me a voicemail letting me know that they now have Mach-e's in their inventory and they can sell one to me at MSRP so that I won't need to wait for my ordered Mach-E to be built. They had very steep ADM's a month ago when I checked. I haven't yet told them that my Model Y Long Range will be delivered in 6 days. If Ford could offer an AWD extended-range battery Mach-E for the same price as the comparable MYLR, I would blow up the deal with Tesla and continue with Ford, but that would be a $12,000 discount off of MSRP. We'll see what happens 📉 🍿
EXACT same thing here. All my dealers MMEs are $2500 off MSRP, some more, and still they are stacking up. They even have some under $55k that are sitting. My Premium has a $6k PCO price cut but it’s is over $55k on the sticker so no tax credit. Arrives next week. At which time I will walk away.

Will me Model Y arrive in time? Who knows. But I ain’t buying’ a 214mi range car with lesser tech for thousands more and I wonder who they will sell it to at $6k more than the price I’m walking away from.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Like @DBPNW said "rebates and incentives!" are coming from Ford soon. I think by March we will see Ford officially announcing something to keep sales happening. Interest rates aren't enough to move the needle IMO. Inventory is piling up nationally and will only get worse as production has been moving along in Mexico.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Ford should consider bringing back the RWD CA RT1, and make it basic with dealer installed options to get it priced for the $55k. This used to be $50k.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ford should consider bringing back the RWD CA RT1, and make it basic with dealer installed options to get it priced for the $55k. This used to be $50k.
That would kinda be a Select because even if you made a Ca. Route 1 RWD with extended battery it would be too pricey. So, just make it a select with the extended battery option.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
EXACT same thing here. All my dealers MMEs are $2500 off MSRP, some more, and still they are stacking up. They even have some under $55k that are sitting. My Premium has a $6k PCO price cut but it’s is over $55k on the sticker so no tax credit. Arrives next week. At which time I will walk away.

Will me Model Y arrive in time? Who knows. But I ain’t buying’ a 214mi range car with lesser tech for thousands more and I wonder who they will sell it to at $6k more than the price I’m walking away from.

Which dealers are selling less than MSRP??

ultramantaro

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius, Porsche Macan, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Cubicle hamster
Country flag
Curious to know as well. In the SF Bay Area only the Morgan hill Ford Store touts as selling at MSRP. Everyone was literally asking for 5K plus for Mach Es on the lot before Xmas. That dealer now has 24 in stock as of this writing, and all AWD options are premium at 57K plus. If they don't discount them I highly doubt they are selling many of them, if at all.

Slightly unrelated but I saw a VW dealer in Tracy discounting 8K off MSRP for MY22 ID4s which also recently were sold at or slightly above MSRP. Of course I prefer the Mach E over the ID4.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The car market is crashing and crashing hard. Hopes it brings down ICE vehicle prices also. Looking for a used car for a 16 year old. Recently 10 year old civics were priced only a few thousands off new.
Sponsored