JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I just added Leavenworth to PlugShare. I will make a special trip to Plain, Wa just to use it.
I've been to Leavenworth...a very fun town.

We have a similar little Bavaria in Michigan but it doesn't quite have the same mountainous view...
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not accurate statements about everyone in what is referred to as red states.
He in no way said "everyone". What he said is that there is a ton of propaganda in deep red states:
She can't be the only one like that. Deep red states are being told EVs are far worse in almost every aspect
It is also not just in deep red states; there is plenty of oil money invested in keeping the status quo all around the country.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you were in my shoes what would you do is my question. I realize your circumstances are different. Would you leave your ME home for your 20yr old daughter to drive? Also meant to be amusing, but I obviously missed that.
Ah, ok, I get it now. Yeah, if I didn't want my kids driving it (if I had any), I'd probably take the Mach-E. Even if I just took it and parked it at a rental car place to swap cars. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ah, ok, I get it now. Yeah, if I didn't want my kids driving it (if I had any), I'd probably take the Mach-E. Even if I just took it and parked it at a rental car place to swap cars. ?
3 Years ago the Mrs and I went on a cruise, taking her SUV to the port with all the suitcases my wife packed. I dropped the key for my mustang convertible off at the mother-in-law's, with the express direction that my then 21 year old son was NOT to drive it under any circumstances. Of course his car just happened to "break down" and he conned his grandmother into giving him the key so he had something to drive to work. Nobody thought of uber, or the fact that my mother-in-law could have loaned him her old pontiac she rarely ever drives (inlaws are both retired so could have "made do" with 1 car for a couple of days).

I'm clearly still pissed at the mother-in-law every time I think about it. I would have had to commit double murder if he had an accident in it.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
3 Years ago the Mrs and I went on a cruise, taking her SUV to the port with all the suitcases my wife packed. I dropped the key for my mustang convertible off at the mother-in-law's, with the express direction that my then 21 year old son was NOT to drive it under any circumstances. Of course his car just happened to "break down" and he conned his grandmother into giving him the key so he had something to drive to work. Nobody thought of uber, or the fact that my mother-in-law could have loaned him her old pontiac she rarely ever drives (inlaws are both retired so could have "made do" with 1 car for a couple of days).

I'm clearly still pissed at the mother-in-law every time I think about it. I would have had to commit double murder if he had an accident in it.
My daughter is a really good driver. I trust her a lot. However, things happen. I know she would not want to be the one driving my new ME if something like that happened. Right Sophie?

We are turning in the lease of a 2018 Escape she is driving when I get the ME, and it has a MAJOR ding in the passenger rear door. Of course she has no idea how that happened. Of course it probably happened while parked in a lot.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Electrify America Transitions To kWh-Based Pricing In Florida And Virginia

25 states plus the District of Columbia now use kWh-based pricing on the network.

Electrify America announced today that customers in Florida and Virginia will now pay by the amount of energy used to charge their vehicle, instead of paying by the amount of time they use the charging equipment.
By adding Florida and Virginia to the list of states where the network utilizes its new kWh-based pricing, Electrify America has now moved 25 states, plus the District of Columbia, off of its original time-based pricing system.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E 1602791659512

https://insideevs.com/news/449138/electrify-america-kwh-pricing-virginia-florida/

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yup - just like fossil fuel based vehicles, there will be questions around supporting battery production as we start to mine more for battery metals. The long term answer probably is some technology that is not dependent on limited resources below the ground, but hydrogen from air or some other less impactful technology. Small baby steps needed to get there - hard to imagine what it looks like 25 years into the future