Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Yep. SSV Redline. Or, SS Sedan 😉
Yes, very nice machine.
I've followed a few of those in NZ in my time.
And when I saw followed, more like seen them disappear in the distance.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's a great car, all trim levels. Is it the greatest of all time? It's not the fastest, it's not the plushest or most luxurious, it doesn't have the most utility or the best handling. But it's the best combination of all those aspects in the price point for a small SUV/medium CUV. It's probably the best daily driver I've owned, and it sure as hell hits most of the marks it needs to hit. I love the car, I think we all do.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Greatest of all time, you have to be kidding. Great cars handle impeccably at the limits of their engineering. Great cars give the driver reassuring feedback.

The original Audi Quattro was game changer in terms of taking automobile engineering and capabilities to another level. The Porsche 911 introduced another standard when it came to drive-ability and road holding. The BMW M4 upped the anti for saloon cars.

The Mach E is a good car but it isn't great on any level.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Technically it’ll “run straight lines” past the GTPE.

GTPE outhandles and outbrakes it. Plus it’s larger and better looking.

EV6 is kinda a 1 trick pony. But damn it’s fast! Totally the electric version of a muscle car….. except did I mention it’s ugly?
not only did they uncork the top end for straight line, but it'll run circles too with 'drift mode'.... looks like you can turn off traction control and break traction on purpose. ;) I hate to say it, but performance-wise I think it may walk all over the Mach-e GT performance wise.

Ugly, but fast.....

like yer sister

....that was not PC, but something I heard at a track one day.....

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
not only did they uncork the top end for straight line, but it'll run circles too with 'drift mode'.... looks like you can turn off traction control and break traction on purpose. ;) I hate to say it, but performance-wise I think it may walk all over the Mach-e GT performance wise.

Ugly, but fast.....

like yer sister

....that was not PC, but something I heard at a track one day.....
Drift mode…… definitely a muscle car.

It’s like the electric version of the Challenger.

But if the handling is anything like the GV60 performance or regular EV6, it’s not impressive from a handling perspective.

There is good reason they compare it to a Model 3 performance. Seems to be its closest direct competitor.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Owned an SSV in Australia 15 years ago. Love seeing them in the states with the Holden badges on them. I miss that 360hp V8.
I’ve had a guy and then a married couple from Australia come up and start talking to me like I’m also from down under 😂. They looked a bit surprised when my slight Texas accent kicked in. They all said they immediately felt like they were back home when they saw the Holden. I was glad to oblige haha.

Assume you had a VE SSV if it was 360HP. My VF has a few mods and sits at 465-470 now.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Drift mode…… definitely a muscle car.

It’s like the electric version of the Challenger.

But if the handling is anything like the GV60 performance or regular EV6, it’s not impressive from a handling perspective.

There is good reason they compare it to a Model 3 performance. Seems to be its closest direct competitor.
The EV6 GT got some Nurburgring ring time, iirc. Also, it’s got a much sportier suspension tune than the GV60. I believe it will kill a GTPE on a road course because it can do 161mph, and, even when it’s not making the full 576HP from launch mode it’s only throttled back to about 440-450HP. We already know it runs 11s at about 120mph so that race is def over.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
The EV6 GT got some Nurburgring ring time, iirc. Also, it’s got a much sportier suspension tune than the GV60. I believe it will kill a GTPE on a road course because it can do 161mph, and, even when it’s not making the full 576HP from launch mode it’s only throttled back to about 440-450HP. We already know it runs 11s at about 120mph so that race is def over.
Yep, I ran my GT PE on the raceway today - more info tomorrow, very consistent and solid and better than last year on Aug 26th... first GT / PE track launch. Best of 5 runs: 1/4 mile = 12.389 seconds @ 103.46mph. Started at 92% state of charge (SOC) - the key to better times than last year when it was 70% or less. This time, all five runs very consistent from 12.389 to 12.482, speed from 103.35-103.63 - extremely consistent. Didn't really matter between Engage or Unbridled driving modes. Beat every other vehicle that I ran against, couple Mustangs, an Audi, and Cadillac
Sponsored