UK Customers

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Surely though the dealers will go ape if all ordering has to go online? Where does it end?

Hello Mr Dealer I'd like a new Fiesta- Certainly sir/madam, here's a website link so you can order it yourself.

Nope- won't work for most people will it?

And supposing you order it unseen on-line than hate it when it arrives, having p/exed your existing car or sold it to fund the new one, then what?? Walk everywhere?

I understand the concept of on-line ordering (most of my life is done this way) but a big investment like a Car?

I'm concerned that consumers may find themselves backed into a corner.

If I buy one of these (pretty likely as it happens) I'll be a cash buyer. Sometimes I feel this is not wanted as we'll make lots of fuss...

All opinions welcome!
Sponsored

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
avec des dates comme ça, tu crois que je suis sur le grand Houston ou l'Immacolata? Mon revendeur m'a annoncé la livraison le 17 mai, je trouve ça étrange pour un FE
Date de production2021-01-27
Date d'expédition05/02/2021

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
avec des dates comme ça, tu crois que je suis sur le grand Houston ou l'Immacolata? Mon revendeur m'a annoncé la livraison le 17 mai, je trouve ça étrange pour un FE
Date de production2021-01-27
Date d'expédition05/02/2021
FordUK have a lIst of cars that are on the 2 ships which has supposedly been sent to dealers. Surely FordFR would have a similar set up. Ask your dealer.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Hi everyone- first post, and I have a couple of queries!

I am strongly considering a RWD ER as that fits our needs perfectly, but...

1) is it really right that there is no choice of colour other than Black?
2) I really need the car to have the £3k grant or else it becomes unaffordable. So am I right in thinking that if I choose silver, say, it'll effectively cost me £3800??

Also no way am I prepared to order without a road test and inspection. My local dealer (Vospers in Truro) has told me they can do this later in the summer as they have a few on order for stock and demonstrators. He's promised to keep in touch. We'll have to see...
Anyone else think the same and has anyone had a road test- or received their car?

I think there will be loads more questions!?
Stay safe everyone and look forward to the end of lockdown.
Tony
If was thinking of buying one now, I would hold off until it's a stable product with all issues ironed out, the ordering process also with issues ironed out, the delivery process no longer more then 3 months from order to delivery etc

Unless you have no car right now and need to get one for when lockdown is over?

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
I just called Ford service online. He told me that my FE should leave the port of Veracruz next week !!! for a delivery concession on April 24. So not on the Grande Houston nor on the MMC Immacolata.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
After penning a "I'm out on the principle of such bad Ford customer service" message to this forum back in January my ivory tower has somewhat crumbled and I'm back in.

The cancelling process was proving almost as challenging as the purchase process & I was having difficulty actually getting written confirmation on this. In the mean time I was searching for an alternative and quite frankly nothing hit the mark like the MME.

During this period then I noted my order went into production with a production date of 16th Feb and Ship date of 24th of Feb, and so here I am. I've been in touch with Rebecca because my dealer is still exceptionally uninterested. Rebecca has advised me that my car (SR) is sitting at port and due to be shipped on 13th March with a dealer ETA of 3rd of June. I note this ship date doesn't quite tally with the dates I recently read on here.

Anyway, "once more into the fray".
Next ship to leave Veracruz is scheduled to leave 21 March and is Grande Halifax

Patches

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost. MME FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Procurement Consultant
Country flag
Next ship to leave Veracruz is scheduled to leave 21 March and is Grande Halifax
Both Spencer and mine FE's are both 'In Transit' and hopefully will board the Grande Halifax for 21st March departure. My Dealer hasn't responded to my email for a Vista update (nor has Rebecca), but the last showing was for week ending 12th June 2021. So, movement at long last and hanging on in there!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If was thinking of buying one now, I would hold off until it's a stable product with all issues ironed out, the ordering process also with issues ironed out, the delivery process no longer more then 3 months from order to delivery etc

Unless you have no car right now and need to get one for when lockdown is over?
In reality that's what I'll probably do, unless when I go and see and drive one later in the summer I can persuade the dealer to sell it to me...

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
In reality that's what I'll probably do, unless when I go and see and drive one later in the summer I can persuade the dealer to sell it to me...
I have a different perspective.....

The car will change year on year so I think that from a technical perspective stability is never 100% guaranteed. That goes for all modern cars. We bought a new Renault Zoe for my wife as our first EV last year thinking that with such long heritage it would be a stable platform. We were wrong. It has had charging, software and app problems. Renault should be ashamed. I'm not expecting the Mach E to be any worse, it could easily do better.....

The ordering process is unlikely to improve much in the short term unless Ford revamp their entire supply chain, including third party contracts and systems.... In my experience most new car dealers have no idea how to treat their customers in a way that I would deem acceptable. It's worn me down so I now see it as a quirk of the trade!

With regards to delivery time that's just a quirk of being one of the first to have a new and interesting vehicle. So far my Mach E preorder experience hasn't been any worse than my Sony PS5 preorder experience :D

In this case it depends if you want a Mach E and how soon, and whether you want to tolerate the order process. If that isn't for you and you are far more patient then me (very likely :) ) then you can obviously wait to see if you can get lucky with dealer stock in the future. The quickest way to get the specific model that you want though is likely to be get an order in now and try to pickup a cancellation. Personally I will happily have as little to do with the dealer as possible, that's nothing to do with my dealer more to do with my previous experience of car sales folk....

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tony, The dealers are getting demo versions from Ford which they can't retail. Think about it, it makes sense to have a non retail policy otherwise they undermine the plan to sell online.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a different perspective.....

The car will change year on year so I think that from a technical perspective stability is never 100% guaranteed. That goes for all modern cars. We bought a new Renault Zoe for my wife as our first EV last year thinking that with such long heritage it would be a stable platform. We were wrong. It has had charging, software and app problems. Renault should be ashamed. I'm not expecting the Mach E to be any worse, it could easily do better.....

The ordering process is unlikely to improve much in the short term unless Ford revamp their entire supply chain, including third party contracts and systems.... In my experience most new car dealers have no idea how to treat their customers in a way that I would deem acceptable. It's worn me down so I now see it as a quirk of the trade!

With regards to delivery time that's just a quirk of being one of the first to have a new and interesting vehicle. So far my Mach E preorder experience hasn't been any worse than my Sony PS5 preorder experience :D

In this case it depends if you want a Mach E and how soon, and whether you want to tolerate the order process. If that isn't for you and you are far more patient then me (very likely :) ) then you can obviously wait to see if you can get lucky with dealer stock in the future. The quickest way to get the specific model that you want though is likely to be get an order in now and try to pickup a cancellation. Personally I will happily have as little to do with the dealer as possible, that's nothing to do with my dealer more to do with my previous experience of car sales folk....

I'll only know if I really really want one after a test drive! If I do then I'll order and wait.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Both Spencer and mine FE's are both 'In Transit' and hopefully will board the Grande Halifax for 21st March departure. My Dealer hasn't responded to my email for a Vista update (nor has Rebecca), but the last showing was for week ending 12th June 2021. So, movement at long last and hanging on in there!
My First Edition is also now showing as In Transit so perhaps they got the full production quota of FEs and built them all.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll only know if I really really want one after a test drive! If I do then I'll order and wait.
Another bit of advice, check what your insurance cost will be before ordering! I'm now getting quotes at no lower than £890 and a significant excess.

And it's worth noting my quotes have been going up and down since I started getting quotes in December. With a LOT of insurers not doing this car including LV which surprises me.

Although the extra insurance cost comes with the bonus of no road tax to pay.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Finally got a Vista screen update for you @Wonky_Donkey

Not great news though as after being told by my dealer in January, and then again in February that may car was at the dock waiting to get on a ship, it's the same story in March.

According to the below I think my car is still at Veracruz, with a VIN tracker ship date of 24th Feb, and compound in on 26th Feb on Vista, looks like a literally missed the boat for the 28th sailing of the Immacolata. But hopefully I will get on the Grand Halifax with those FE orders that are coming through finally.

My dealer also said he knows there are extra checks, but not sure where these are happening - again a case of us knowing more than the dealers.

I am a bit disappointed as mine is a Black ER RWD built 2nd December last year, and other more recently built cars are already on boats. We're obviously learning to live with disappointment after disappointment, so I will hang on....

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers InkedInkedunnamed_LI