Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Also, I think the First Year Allowance of 100% against corporation tax bill remains unaffected so may have to have a new ‘Stang next year before they change that, too.
That's a good enough excuse, sorry, reason to change. More up to date software and no HVJB issues. Plus any other undocumented improvements. :) Hooray for man maths.
Sponsored

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
30p/mile? Wow!

Don’t you charge at home?

On a mix of mainly home (economy 7) and some rapid/ultra rapid chargers on the road returns me 7.2p/mile unless my calcs are out!

Also, I think the First Year Allowance of 100% against corporation tax bill remains unaffected so may have to have a new ‘Stang next year before they change that, too.
I do charge at home, when I first had the Mach E it was 16pkwh, now at 36pkwh (can't get economy 7 or a smart meter) but if I do Manchester visit in a day, it's 440 miles and no destination charger. Like I say that's fine in summer, winter not so good. We get 8ppm at work which covers costs if you get 4mpkwh, no where near in winter.

Love the car though, still in the Kia while mine gets fixed (3rd week).

TomW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hi all,

BG customers , they have released a new EV tariff. Off peak charging 12p midnight to 0500. Much better than the 32p currently paying.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Hi all,

BG customers , they have released a new EV tariff. Off peak charging 12p midnight to 0500. Much better than the 32p currently paying.
Thnx for sharing, all information is really useful, sounds a great deal. Just got a BG quote, might not be for me, though, projected costs from Shell Energy with E7 who may not be the cheapest is still less expensive, I expect BG might suit lower mileage BEV users but be careful because their tariff isn’t E7 so you may pay more for what was your off-peak leccy.

Shell just told me I used 15,600kW of leccy in last year, downloaded data from the ABB charger informs that the year’s usage was 7,600kW which cost c£2,600 on charging the car and the heat pump heating, now I burn no fossil fuels anymore, used 2,700kW in same period. I think the way BG “estimate” their “average” usage for BEV charging with their apparent smoke & mirrors methodology crucified my quote from them because they don’t meter the car charge power but estimate it. Hope the day power costs normalise comes very soon esp for those struggling with living costs.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Only problem now is the dreaded cold! Last winter, when we were at 0c, I was getting less than 2 mpkwh on motorways. Now that fast charging is averaging around 60p per kwh, that's working out at 30p a mile and more/longer stops on top....winter is not our friend!!!!

Company Car Tax savings are still good though but we'll see how long that lasts as they start to creep up after 2025...
I’m down to 255 range on a full charge😬

sleipnir

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Hello, I want to disable the annoying beep when I exit the car with while the car is running using ForScan.
  • has anyone here successfully done this on a UK model?
  • Can someone recommend an ODB2 dongle to buy?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hello, I want to disable the annoying beep when I exit the car with while the car is running using ForScan.
• No
• I am using a Veepeak dongle with car scanner pro

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see this Veepeak device is currently priced at £31.91 as a Black Friday deal. I paid £39.89 at the beginning of the month! Buy now... I am using it with CarScanner Pro (paid £4 to upgrade the free version).

There is also a cheaper Veepeak scanner on Amazon (was £33.99 and now £27.19) which looks to so the exact same job. However, some careful reading around suggested that it might not deliver real time continuous data to Car Scanner because it has an earlier ODB instruction set (or something like that). So, for the sake of a few pounds I got the more expensive one which is working great.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I see this Veepeak device is currently priced at £31.91 as a Black Friday deal. I paid £39.89 at the beginning of the month! Buy now... I am using it with CarScanner Pro (paid £4 to upgrade the free version).

There is also a cheaper Veepeak scanner on Amazon (was £33.99 and now £27.19) which looks to so the exact same job. However, some careful reading around suggested that it might not deliver real time continuous data to Car Scanner because it has an earlier ODB instruction set (or something like that). So, for the sake of a few pounds I got the more expensive one which is working great.
I've got the cheaper version and it seems to be working fine with carscanner pro

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Woohoo!!! Atlast after months I have picked up date of 30/11. Anything I should be doing when I get my hand on MachE.
Make sure you're wearing a good pair of underpants - you might need them the first time you floor the accelerator!!! 😂
Sponsored