EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Same here. Mine has 'updated' to show 'On It's Way' and the Government Grant is back on my account. Happy Days!!
There system is so slow. Mine was off loaded in Antwerp on the 31st March, which by my calculations means its well on its way.
I'm expecting my account to tell me 2 months into driving it, that its been delivered.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
There system is so slow. Mine was off loaded in Antwerp on the 31st March, which by my calculations means its well on its way.
I'm expecting my account to tell me 2 months into driving it, that its been delivered.
The system is not just slow. It is snail pace. Mine has changed to on its way too. It was on it's way on 1st March

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Their system isn't a system and they would be far better off scraping it. I read today that some people who originally ordered first editions but went on to cancel them in the States received their model pony, meanwhile people who bought the FEs and have the physical car didn't get one. Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Primary School choosing that my kids do is now advanced than the Fprd "system".

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
:D
Their system isn't a system and they would be far better off scraping it. I read today that some people who originally ordered first editions but went on to cancel them in the States received their model pony, meanwhile people who bought the FEs and have the physical car didn't get one. Ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Primary School choosing that my kids do is now advanced than the Fprd "system".
The online booking system is the future. Something we should all be embracing.:D I think not. More salesman in the showroom, like the good old days. Unfortunately not.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
So I did my test drive today as well - drove the red SR RWD at BSM in Orpington.

I loved the experience, and the speed, feel, handling etc all much better than my Outlander (which is a heavy box!!). So Iā€™m not surprised I enjoyed the drive. The ride/suspension were fine for me, but as Iā€™m used to to driving a heavy/bouncy PHEV, I guess itā€™s easier to impress me.

My average m/KwH was over 4 when I got back, and Iā€™d been messing around with the different drive modes and accelerating hard when I got the chance - so very impressed with that.

There was an ā€œooo a mustangā€ from some cyclists who went by me the other way. My reservations before the drive were the look of the 18 inch allows. But seeing them for real, well they look much better to me. So Iā€™m left feeling very excited foe my order, which is currently mid-Atlantic.

Some photos below, and happy to answer any questions. There was a nice grey ER AWR in the showroom - the glass roof looks so great (am very glad to have that on my ER RWD)

85348271-E9FF-4D5F-B429-634D4EFD3FB6.jpeg

709542B8-CFAC-4A61-A701-D74E75C93242.jpeg

8BA75B59-D504-4028-892D-40FE23D10700.jpeg

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
So I did my test drive today as well - drove the red SR RWD at BSM in Orpington.

I loved the experience, and the speed, feel, handling etc all much better than my Outlander (which is a heavy box!!). So Iā€™m not surprised I enjoyed the drive. The ride/suspension were fine for me, but as Iā€™m used to to driving a heavy/bouncy PHEV, I guess itā€™s easier to impress me.

My average m/KwH was over 4 when I got back, and Iā€™d been messing around with the different drive modes and accelerating hard when I got the chance - so very impressed with that.

There was an ā€œooo a mustangā€ from some cyclists who went by me the other way. My reservations before the drive were the look of the 18 inch allows. But seeing them for real, well they look much better to me. So Iā€™m left feeling very excited foe my order, which is currently mid-Atlantic.

Some photos below, and happy to answer any questions. There was a nice grey ER AWR in the showroom - the glass roof looks so great (am very glad to have that on my ER RWD)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 8BA75B59-D504-4028-892D-40FE23D10700

Seems you were happy with your drive, as I was yesterday. I drove the grey one. Your picture of the red looks better than what I saw yesterday. Maybe they gave it a wash at the end of the day. The grey AWD in showroom looked the bees knees.
I was looking for the KWH per miles, but couldn't find it. Was happy to just switch modes. Will sort all that out, and look at more in depth with screen when I buy it.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Thatā€™s the one I drove. glad you enjoyed it! The red one in the showroom was the dogs bollocks eh?
It definitely was stunning. Counting down the days until I can look out my window and see something similar parked on my driveway!?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Just back from my test drive and the dealer managed to arrange it so I got a go in the model that Iā€™m going to be getting (SR AWD).
Was a bit apprehensive as this was my first EV but I shouldnā€™t have been worried.
I loved the OPD and thought it would be harsh and take a bit of getting used to but after a minute it was second nature and was genuinely surprised at how smooth it was. Tried it in the 3 drive modes and felt good in each.
Thought acceleration was fine at first and then put my foot down a bit further and then it was.....?!

Coming from my Focus the ride is firm but assured on roads than were not exactly perfect.

Good to see that there was a Rapid Red car on display as well and that put my mind at ease about the colour.

My wife is sold on it as well which is always a bonus!?

Roll on next month!???

Had mine today love it, did you go to the dealer in Liverpool to test drive? They had a red one in the show room and 2 outside to test drive, Greg and black.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Had my test drive and good news should be fine to get up my drive. The front bumper clearance is 210mm. One view from front and then by nearside tyre. The bumper standoff is vs my 2017 Mercedes c class so gives another comparison. The lowest point I measured is as previously shown and as per official dimensions 147mm which I measured at nearside front passenger door. Width including mirrors is 83 inches (2110mm).
Hi @Hotspur28

Many thanks for the pics - they're really helpful, and glad it passed your "steep drive" test ?

The front and rear "overhangs" certainly look good and well above the ~6inch/147mm minimum clearance. Out of interest, and for comparison, what is the minimum clearance on your Merc C Class? It looks to be lower than the MME?

I noted your reply to @SashaLondon that you thought there should be no problems with the MME over speed bumps etc., which is something I was also concerned about - so that's very reassuring. Again, for comparison, how does your Merc deal with these (and with some multi-storey car park slopes?)

I used to have low clearance cars but not for some time now, which is why this is on my mind!

My current car is a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV so clearance is just not an issue. Also, as for @BlackheathDiggs , I doubt I will notice the suspension and ride concerns you identified as the MME will likely be better than the PHEV.

I note from your subsequent post you have found further info on this so I hope that helps your decision making ? I asked a couple of the "formal" UK reviewers on YouTube who had commented similarly on the ride what they thought, and broadly it was "could be better, but not a showstopper/dealbreaker". I don't know if that helps?

Again, many thanks for the pics and your thoughts on the car ?
David

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Had mine today love it, did you go to the dealer in Liverpool to test drive? They had a red one in the show room and 2 outside to test drive, Greg and black.
No. I was at Arnold Clark in Glasgow They seem to have had the same set up of cars.
Couldnā€™t fault the dealer. Makes me wish Iā€™d pre-ordered through them rather than who I actually went with!

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi @Hotspur28

Many thanks for the pics - they're really helpful, and glad it passed your "steep drive" test ?

The front and rear "overhangs" certainly look good and well above the ~6inch/147mm minimum clearance. Out of interest, and for comparison, what is the minimum clearance on your Merc C Class? It looks to be lower than the MME?

I noted your reply to @SashaLondon that you thought there should be no problems with the MME over speed bumps etc., which is something I was also concerned about - so that's very reassuring. Again, for comparison, how does your Merc deal with these (and with some multi-storey car park slopes?)

I used to have low clearance cars but not for some time now, which is why this is on my mind!

My current car is a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV so clearance is just not an issue. Also, as for @BlackheathDiggs , I doubt I will notice the suspension and ride concerns you identified as the MME will likely be better than the PHEV.

I note from your subsequent post you have found further info on this so I hope that helps your decision making ? I asked a couple of the "formal" UK reviewers on YouTube who had commented similarly on the ride what they thought, and broadly it was "could be better, but not a showstopper/dealbreaker". I don't know if that helps?

Again, many thanks for the pics and your thoughts on the car ?
David
Hi David,
The Merc has 157mm clearance at its lowest point so about 10mm more than the Mach E. In the Merc I can honestly say I have never hit the underside on anything speed bumps, car park slopes etc. I came from an X trail so I did adjust my driving approaching speed bumps etc as you just have to NOT drive at them at speed. They make you do what you should slow down for them. So 10mm difference I do not feel should make a difference with a Mach E. Maybe someone needs to find a route when they have a test drive that has some humps. But with the raised front clearance hitting the humps first then the wheels I think it should be fine imo.
I definitely want the Mach E to work for me so I am not saying the bouncy ride I experienced is a deal breaker for me. The Merc is just definitely a lot smoother and I hopefully will have a longer test drive when my dealer gets a demo car and I will go to it driving my Mrs 12 year old fiesta so it will no doubt feel better from that ?. Hope that answers and deals with most of your clearance concerns bottom line I do not think that should be an issue on UK roads anymore than speed humps, potholes etc will cause to any car ?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hi David,
The Merc has 157mm clearance at its lowest point so about 10mm more than the Mach E. In the Merc I can honestly say I have never hit the underside on anything speed bumps, car park slopes etc. I came from an X trail so I did adjust my driving approaching speed bumps etc as you just have to NOT drive at them at speed. They make you do what you should slow down for them. So 10mm difference I do not feel should make a difference with a Mach E. Maybe someone needs to find a route when they have a test drive that has some humps. But with the raised front clearance hitting the humps first then the wheels I think it should be fine imo.
I definitely want the Mach E to work for me so I am not saying the bouncy ride I experienced is a deal breaker for me. The Merc is just definitely a lot smoother and I hopefully will have a longer test drive when my dealer gets a demo car and I will go to it driving my Mrs 12 year old fiesta so it will no doubt feel better from that ?. Hope that answers and deals with most of your clearance concerns bottom line I do not think that should be an issue on UK roads anymore than speed humps, potholes etc will cause to any car ?
I may well be able to do a route with speed bumps next week. I'll let you know.
Sponsored