UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Well. There’s a huge pile of hard feelings we all share.

Feelings are real and I fully respect that but we are also in danger off focusing each other’s feelings without the perspective of the whole journey.

We are close to the end of this. Many if not most have and end of May date. The process for ALL NEW EV’s is a 12 month plus journey sometimes 18 or more.

All I am saying is step back and look at the whole picture.

The MME is a great car with excellent reviews. Even Sandy Munro likes it. Many of us have a £3k government grant guaranteed.

The EV6 and Ionic 5 look great but most realistic deliveries will be 2022 and the prices look high to me.

What we might do is send a joint letter. If we could get 50 signatures this might have an impact. I think Ford can compensate us and NOT with obsolete headphones.

In my experience poor decisions are made with emotions and I feel them too. Intense frustration and I’m fed up with my treatment. But really we might be 6 weeks away in a 70 week process.
It's a £50k car now. (for the ER)

If you're getting the now cancelled EV allowance it's a £50k car for £47k

When ours arrive there will be a lot of interest during those first few months and the continued delay in supply will make it very exclusive for a while.

It's clearly hard to get hold of! As we know, order lead time to delivery is horrific.

Supply currently will be out weighed by demand and will be for months. I suspect.

In that kind of market I also suspect that if you collected it you could immediately sell it for profit if you wanted to.

That's a pretty compelling argument to wait it out.
Sponsored

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Just to put my two penneth in...
I do have a little sympathy for Ford.

I will say, from the outset, their communication is dire and we appear to be at the bottom of the food chain as far as customers go in relation to this.

That said, picture the scene in January, when Ford were planning first deliveries of this World leading car.....

They put our MME’s on a ship to Antwerp, roll them off, back on a boat to the UK, then delivery to customers.

Given all the issues with the pandemic this would have been an achievement in itself.

Then, news breaks of significant problems with cars in the US and Ford have to decide, given this is such a crucial launch, what to do with the cars on the way to Europe.

They quickly decide that the dealers sorting this out locally is not an option.

They then have to think of an alternative. So, they decide to use a 3rd party to carry out all the quality checks and repairs.

Contracts have to be placed, specifications agreed of what is to be done, logistics sorted and timescales agreed.

All this has been achieved in a very short space of time at a significant cost to Fords.

Any lesser brand might just have delivered them and taken the hit on any initial bad press they receive.

I’m confident that the vehicles we eventually receive will be free from a lot of the issues raised in the US.

I do feel this represents a massive commitment to Europe by Fords and I’m happy to wait, as long as it takes, to receive my amazing MME in tip top condition. ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just to put my two penneth in...
I do have a little sympathy for Ford.

I will say, from the outset, their communication is dire and we appear to be at the bottom of the food chain as far as customers go in relation to this.

That said, picture the scene in January, when Ford were planning first deliveries of this World leading car.....

They put our MME’s on a ship to Antwerp, roll them off, back on a boat to the UK, then delivery to customers.

Given all the issues with the pandemic this would have been an achievement in itself.

Then, news breaks of significant problems with cars in the US and Ford have to decide, given this is such a crucial launch, what to do with the cars on the way to Europe.

They quickly decide that the dealers sorting this out locally is not an option.

They then have to think of an alternative. So, they decide to use a 3rd party to carry out all the quality checks and repairs.

Contracts have to be placed, specifications agreed of what is to be done, logistics sorted and timescales agreed.

All this has been achieved in a very short space of time at a significant cost to Fords.

Any lesser brand might just have delivered them and taken the hit on any initial bad press they receive.

I’m confident that the vehicles we eventually receive will be free from a lot of the issues raised in the US.

I do feel this represents a massive commitment to Europe by Fords and I’m happy to wait, as long as it takes, to receive my amazing MME in tip top condition. ??
If you worked for Ford and the scenario you have just painted is, and it is very believable, true then if that had been communicated to us personally as customers then I would be happier than I am now. We all have a very good idea of what the issues are, with the car and with Ford as a company. It is not just our problem, things don't seem to be much better in the US, and that is their home market. My dealer, and I know of others, are also not impressed with Ford at the moment, not just with the MME but generally. They seem to be thinking along the lines of "we can't tell our customers what is going on, they will leave". What they don't seem to understand is that we are more likely to leave because they are NOT telling us anything than if they were honest and upfront with us.

ChrisR101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
huh
If only they let us know what’s going on, I still think the Mach E is the best looking EV on the market, I am pretty patient and I would prefer to get a car that has any issues sorted rather than it keep spending time in a garage, my bmw spent half of Jan and all of Feb at the dealers because it needed a part, that they had to take directly off the production line in the USA and COVID meant it took an extra three weeks to get, weekly updates from BMW and the local area Rep kept me happy though, communication is key and I am sure we would all be a lot happier if they would just reach out to us.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Wow - You certainly tell it like it is! Don't leave us Wonkey. We all need your knowledge and skills in navigating the Ford Fiasco more than ever now.

Like you, I ordered my First Edition back in December 2019 - pre Covid and it seems that's been with us since God was a boy. My wife recently decided she would "go electric" too. Last Saturday we went to 3 dealers to test drive a Renault Zoe, a Fiat 500 cabriolet and a Peugeot 208E. After a day's considering the pros and cons of each she settled for the Peugeot and placed an order last Monday. She collects it tomorrow! What a difference.

As a matter of interest to anyone trading in their existing car I took my much loved 2 year old Mazda CX5 AWD back to Hendy Mazda where I bought it. The car is immaculate and has 16,500 miles on the clock. It cost £39K new in January 2019. They offered me £18,500 to buy it - not a trade-in obviously. I heard an advert on the radio for Motorway. You download their app, take about a dozen photos of the car and upload them. They circulate it to their network of dealers. They valued my Mazda at £21,715. It went live with them a couple of days ago and I received a text message saying they would email me at 3.00p.m. with the result. At 3.01 p.m. their email arrived advising me that it had sold for the full reserve price £21,715. The dealer is coming to collect it next Friday, will inspect it on my drive, authorise a "fast pay" into my bank account and drive off in it once I have confirmed the money is in my account. I am really impressed with the service and hand-holding all the way by Motorway and would recommend them to anyone trading in their present wheels before taking delivery of their elusive MME. By the way, they take no commission for the sale - presumably the buyer pays them.
Graham, just looked on google play for 'motorway' and it's not there. Have you got any more details? Or is it not a mobile app?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might not be aware of this Dave but some of these cars like Grahame's were built in early December and for months there was no idea/sign of where they were and why transit/shipping hadn't started.

I don't know if you were around back in the December/January months but... I think Grahame made numerous attempts to get info but was frustrated by his attempts.

Meanwhile USA cars were shipping. Right in our faces on this forum we'd see the US customers getting their cars while the UK builds were nowhere. Some built others not but one clear thing - no idea what was going on.

Meanwhile let's not forget the First Editions customers. Respect to Spencer who didn't even know when his car was going to be built because Ford did not give a toss.

The early december builds and more left eventually in March on the ships to Antwerp.

Also various other things happened which can not be credited with "covid" as the blame e.g. people ordering cars jumping the 12+month queue that the preorders were in.

Cancelled orders that were immediately able to pick up by new customers.

You know the mickey is being royally taken when you see a ship load put on video being sent to Norway customers.

I have no sympathy at all.

Emails have been ignored and any attempt for access to information has been treated with contempt.

The only exception is our dealer.

Last edited:

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suggest we all keep an eye on :-

1. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicle/pti.do?vin=WFrestofvin

to see if anything changes here - as a clue to QC happening.. I check every day and still nowt! for me it still says my firmware or whatever it is, is dec 2020.

2. and also check weekly with dealers to see if ETA changes.

other than that we have no clues / info on where we are at.

Usually ETAs change in a whole batch - that's got to be a clue if things are improving (when they are brought forward) and when a new issue has been found (dates go back further).

The concierge system is now ruled out from what I have seen.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
You might not be aware of this Dave but some of these cars like Grahame's were built in early December and for months there was no idea/sign of where they were and why transit/shipping hadn't started.

I don't know if you were around back in the December/January months but... I think Grahame made numerous attempts to get info but was frustrated by his attempts.

Meanwhile USA cars were shipping. Right in our faces on this forum we'd see the US customers getting their cars while the UK builds were nowhere. Some built others not but one clear thing - no idea what was going on.

Meanwhile let's not forget the First Editions customers. Respect to Spencer who didn't even know when his car was going to be built because Ford did not give a toss.

The early december builds and more left eventually in March on the ships to Antwerp.

Also various other things happened which can not be credited with "covid" as the blame e.g. people ordering cars jumping the 12+month queue that the preorders were in.

Cancelled orders that were immediately able to pick up by new customers.

You know the mickey is being royally taken when you see a ship load put on video being sent to Norway customers.

I have no sympathy at all.

Emails have been ignored and any attempt for access to information has been treated with contempt.

The only exception is our dealer.
I was on the forum back in January and I’m fully aware of Graham, et al’s situation.

I did say in my post ‘COMMUNICATION IS DIRE’ and acknowledged most of the points you make.

I think you missed my point entirely.

Obviously COVID has played a huge part in this and I fail to see how you can’t recognise this.

The US has led the way with regards to problems being highlighted.

The point I made was that Ford had to figure out what to do with the cars made early once they got to Antwerp.

This must have been a logistical nightmare and a major headache for them.

I have no allegiance to Ford whatsoever but I do feel credit where it is due.

Yes, my car was built before most of those on this forum but what would you have Fords do with cancelled orders Steve? Just have them stay there until all others are delivered?

I think the lack of communication is getting some a little ‘bitter and twisted’ but let’s focus on the positive points that we will get better quality cars than some of our US cousins!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get your points Dave but I will never feel any credit due to Ford for their efforts - that respect went months ago for me. I respect your opinion though.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Graham, just looked on google play for 'motorway' and it's not there. Have you got any more details? Or is it not a mobile app?
Hi Tony
Motorway often have ads appearing next to our forum. Go to motorway.co.uk. I just tested it and it came straight up.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi Tony
Motorway often have ads appearing next to our forum. Go to motorway.co.uk. I just tested it and it came straight up.

Been in touch with them and exchanged a few e-mails. I only ordered my car a couple of weeks ago so early days! I'm just doing my homework as my dealer offered me a derisory amount for my C-HR, £4k less than motorway and we buy any car!
Motorway seem decent and very approachable.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Been in touch with them and exchanged a few e-mails. I only ordered my car a couple of weeks ago so early days! I'm just doing my homework as my dealer offered me a derisory amount for my C-HR, £4k less than motorway and we buy any car!
Motorway seem decent and very approachable.
I have had a couple of friends use these type of sites and when it comes to them inspecting your car they will knock off a bit for every imperfection so you end up with not as good as a deal as you thought.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
If there are any positives from our delays, it means that when we finally do get our cars, the charging infrastructure will be in a better place. Looks like a great set of chargers on a key part of the motorway network opened up today: https://www.gridserve.com/2021/04/3...ks-largest-high-power-motorway-charging-site/

I think we should still do our meet-up in Braintree, unless this works as a more central location for everyone!
Sponsored