UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Ford’s official response on the finance rate is that 2.9% is for new orders only. ?

I’ve now emailed Hannah and am also escalating through my dealer who are being as supportive as possible.

My argument is that Ford only agreed Finance with me yesterday and I should have been eligible for the current rate. To do anything else on Ford’s part I would consider bad business.
Did you sign the finance deal?

Regardless even if you did, is there a cooling of period?
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
HI Grahame, I'm glad your enjoying the car and that all is working good, have you managed to find out more on the range I know RWD ER the one you have has an official range of 379 miles but that can never be achieved, I was thinking about 320 or maybe less might be wrong, any updates on this would be awesome. Thanks
Haven't really done any major mileage yet (283) and I've done 2/3 small charges, 6kw and 2kw on podpoint free chargers and about 10kw at home on my commando socket not because I needed to but just wanting to make sure it all worked before I got too low. Intend to try out the FordPass network charging card tomorrow at a nearby BP Pulse 150Kw charger. Because of this I haven't paid much attention. Currently my app says I have 54% left with 172 miles. So far, since getting the car I am averaging 4.4 miles/kwh. Most miles so far have been around town but I did do 45 miles on fast roads when I picked her up. I have been squirting the go pedal a fair bit too so I am quite happy with the 4.4 so far. I would like to hope that in the real world I can get between 320-350. We will have to wait and see.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So I’ve had confirmation that my car has left Antwerp today and cleared customs, but at the same time the delivery has slipped from the 19th June to the 10th July?? 1 step forward, 2 steps back it seems. Very annoying... and costly too, since I now have to extend my car hire for another month despite.

Does anyone know why it takes 35 days from Antwerp to dealership? Are they perhaps overestimating?

Peter Warsany

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just seen this on Norway Forum - is this common knowledge?

Hey guys, I know you are waiting your cars to be shipped from Antwerpen. So do I.
It's now been 6weeks since my car arrived and I thought I should start making calls to Ford to find out what is taking so long.

Just finished my conversation with Ford and I got some interesting news: almost all the EU cars are shipped from Mexico without HVB!! That's right... They are equipped with some sort of light weight transportation batteries to make it possible to move the cars around shipping yards etc.
The reason for this is to cut expenses with logistics. All the EU MME batteries are coming from LG Chem, Poland, so there is no reason to send those heavy battery units across the Atlantic just to get them back in a few months notice.

So that explains a lot why our cars are stuck at Antwerpen and why the EU VIN also points to Ford Stuttgart factory, because they are the ones doing the final assembly at Antwerpen.

The first batch of Norway MME's we're apparently the lucky ones to get the Korean manufactured LG Chem batteries directly from the factory, so the stay in Antwerpen was noticebly shorter for them...

I wonder why Ford is so quiet about this..

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag

Hey guys, I know you are waiting your cars to be shipped from Antwerpen. So do I.
It's now been 6weeks since my car arrived and I thought I should start making calls to Ford to find out what is taking so long.

Just finished my conversation with Ford and I got some interesting news: almost all the EU cars are shipped from Mexico without HVB!! That's right... They are equipped with some sort of light weight transportation batteries to make it possible to move the cars around shipping yards etc.
The reason for this is to cut expenses with logistics. All the EU MME batteries are coming from LG Chem, Poland, so there is no reason to send those heavy battery units across the Atlantic just to get them back in a few months notice.

So that explains a lot why our cars are stuck at Antwerpen and why the EU VIN also points to Ford Stuttgart factory, because they are the ones doing the final assembly at Antwerpen.

The first batch of Norway MME's we're apparently the lucky ones to get the Korean manufactured LG Chem batteries directly from the factory, so the stay in Antwerpen was noticebly shorter for them...

I guess that makes sense logistically since LG Chem Poland was always earmarked to produce the batteries, but yes, why couldn’t Ford have just told us this from the beginning??

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag

Wow this actually makes me feel better and explain the delay, vs something catastrophically wrong with car against simply waiting for a part / battery.
Would have been much better if Ford had been upfront and honest.

Dhiren

First Name
Dhiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mustang Mach-E, ER RWD)
Occupation
Office Supplies Reseller
Country flag
Haven't really done any major mileage yet (283) and I've done 2/3 small charges, 6kw and 2kw on podpoint free chargers and about 10kw at home on my commando socket not because I needed to but just wanting to make sure it all worked before I got too low. Intend to try out the FordPass network charging card tomorrow at a nearby BP Pulse 150Kw charger. Because of this I haven't paid much attention. Currently my app says I have 54% left with 172 miles. So far, since getting the car I am averaging 4.4 miles/kwh. Most miles so far have been around town but I did do 45 miles on fast roads when I picked her up. I have been squirting the go pedal a fair bit too so I am quite happy with the 4.4 so far. I would like to hope that in the real world I can get between 320-350. We will have to wait and see.
That's still a very good average, can't complain.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I'm not aware of this but it might be a new idea.

Sounds a bit far fetched though as for example there would be logistics of arranging shipping of the temporary light weight ones back would counter the savings surely? And the time and effort of switching the units.

The only switching that we're aware of is when some of the batteries failed as per the US thread. And it's logical that thus the EU shipped cars would have had a QC for that issue and had replacement batteries.

On a side note, I've not seen any issues reported of motor problems or replacements fortunately and that would be a major worry if it ever came up!

I'm not following the logic as to why this would delay our cars? Then they say the Norway batches were the first to have these light weight ones? Surely that would take longer for Norway then as they have to be switched when ours dont?

Last edited:

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Some pings to my tappsDateTime numbers yesterday afternoon and this morning, which would correlate with the loading and unloading of the Celeste that arrived at Dagenham this morning. Keeping everything crossed!
My vehicleDateTime and tappsDateTime have now aligned exactly 1-hr apart after I tried a few activitations this afternoon. They were previously 2-hrs apart when responding to an activation request, and I read here that the move to 1-hr gap aligns with the vehicle arriving in the UK (makes sense given the change in location and time zone). So fingers crossed that means my car made it to the UK today! My dealer is out of the office until tomorrow, so will wait to then to get a confirmation and likely ETA to the dealership (close by in Dagenham).

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Some pings to my tappsDateTime numbers yesterday afternoon and this morning, which would correlate with the loading and unloading of the Celeste that arrived at Dagenham this morning. Keeping everything crossed!
I also had tappsdatetime changes yesterday afternoon and this morning, although the vehicledatetime updated yesterday but not today!!! But I very much doubt I'm in Dagenham as I've now slipped to 3rd July.

Carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd
Occupation
Process operator
Country flag
Well, it looks like the Location Issue I posted about isn't that Random. Thanks to Spencer for sharing this. Guys in case you haven't heard there's a Hold on all Cars. No Deployments until further notice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1622734144897

[/QUOTE

Well they best transfer my 44k back into my account whilst I wait or I'm charging them interest on it

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
That's awesome! Hopefully these cars arriving in Dagenham will push our two orders out to dealers. They have been sitting in Dagenham for three and two weeks respectively!

Hannah keeps telling me they are schedule to leave today/tomorrow on three different occasions. Each time it never ends up leaving! Had really hoped to get the car half term week to get used to it but Ford have other ideas!
Hannah said to me in an email today that once they get to Dagenham they are pushing the MMEs out as soon as they can as we've been waiting so long and the Antwerp situation is out of Ford UK's control. She said they are giving MMEs priority over other Fords. You don't live in an obscure part of the country do you?!?!

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I'm not aware of this but it might be a new idea.

Sounds a bit far fetched though as for example there would be logistics of arranging shipping of the temporary light weight ones back would counter the savings surely? And the time and effort of switching the units.

The only switching that we're aware of is when some of the batteries failed as per the US thread. And it's logical that thus the EU shipped cars would have had a QC for that issue and had replacement batteries.

On a side note, I've not seen any issues reported of motor problems or replacements fortunately and that would be a major worry if it ever came up!

I'm not following the logic as to why this would delay our cars? Then they say the Norway batches were the first to have these light weight ones? Surely that would take longer for Norway then as they have to be switched when ours dont?
I can image them changing the 12v battery but not the main one.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's correct. No new Mache's will be leaving the forecourts or being demoed.

Stop/hold order. Delivered with tlc and a middle finger! By their faceless system.

On the day I was going to get mine after another week of chasing where the flock it is.

It was in Runcorn up until this morning. Another odd situation as it should have been at the dealer in warrington but there was no sense of urgency to get my car to me without my constant emails / chasing up.
Sponsored