Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Had another update from Hannah regarding the ecall situation

Hi Grahame

I have further updates for you.

For customers such as yourself who have already taken delivery, a service fix is being developed for all vehicles. This will be ready in approximately two weeks. Ford will then notify you on when it will be ready. We will also be launching ‘Power Ups’ software updates to repair vehicles without the requirement for a dealer visit.

This is not a “do not drive” situation, therefore normal process of recalls will be followed and no physical parts are required due to being a software issue. This issue is largely considered a compliance issue, as there are no direct safety risks caused by the operation of the vehicle.
Sponsored

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Had another update from Hannah regarding the ecall situation

Hi Grahame

I have further updates for you.

For customers such as yourself who have already taken delivery, a service fix is being developed for all vehicles. This will be ready in approximately two weeks. Ford will then notify you on when it will be ready. We will also be launching ‘Power Ups’ software updates to repair vehicles without the requirement for a dealer visit.

This is not a “do not drive” situation, therefore normal process of recalls will be followed and no physical parts are required due to being a software issue. This issue is largely considered a compliance issue, as there are no direct safety risks caused by the operation of the vehicle.
Thanks for sharing! Very good to see a timeline emerging now. I'm guessing the "service fix" is what they would use for vehicles either in Antwerp, or doing PDI at the dealers.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Has anyone with an MME and using a Zappy2 had any issues.
(Sorry for subject, should have sub_forums for UK)
I have a Zappi2. Only one problem. No car to plug into it!! ??

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If now, this is not a 'do not drive' situation, surely deliveries can continue and the fix can be applied via OTA or a service visit? I'm not presently expecting delivery any time soon-but if I was (and especially if my car was in Dagenham or at my dealers) I would now be pressing VERY hard for the handover to go ahead.

F1Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers AFCE55F1-B21A-4986-A5BA-B2A24DAD4A02

From our Dutch MME forum - basically it says “do not sell/register any new MME’s. The fix/update will be available june 16th latest.”

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
If now, this is not a 'do not drive' situation, surely deliveries can continue and the fix can be applied via OTA or a service visit? I'm not presently expecting delivery any time soon-but if I was (and especially if my car was in Dagenham or at my dealers) I would now be pressing VERY hard for the handover to go ahead.
It's a compliance issue so can not be sold or demoed for that reason. But it's ok to drive! Illogical indeed.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's a compliance issue so can not be sold or demoed for that reason. But it's ok to drive! Illogical indeed.

It's utterly ridiculous isn't it?

Glad I'm not affected (wonder what'll happen in the Autumn when mine should be on it's final journey?) But I really feel sorry for you guys who were hoping to take delivery imminently.

Carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd
Occupation
Process operator
Country flag
Waiting to see if the dealer will mail me that the car is on hold or just leave me in the dark about it (even though I found out here).
Exactly I've heard nothing either ,I've paid for it and meant to picking it up Thursday

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
The craziness of UK/EU law! You would at least think if isn't a "do not drive" situation you could at least sign a disclaimer to say you've been made aware that eCall currently may not work properly but you're happy to still drive it.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Exactly I've heard nothing either ,I've paid for it and meant to picking it up Thursday
My dealer contacted me this afternoon to say it can't be released, and there hoping it will be fixed by software update.
With a bit of luck they will have sorted out the finance and handover by then, being as they have had it for a week and half.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think it is a legal issue. Although not a 'safety issue' they can't be seen to register vehicles after a compliance issue has been identified as the cars do not conform to the required standards. Those that were registered before the noncompliance issue was identified can still be used but must be made compliant at the earliest opportunity. I am not in anyway legally trained, that is just my interpretation

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! Very good to see a timeline emerging now. I'm guessing the "service fix" is what they would use for vehicles either in Antwerp, or doing PDI at the dealers.

Hi,

I think the above hits the proverbial nail on the head ?

My car was due to leave Dagenham yesterday to go to my dealer in Brighton, but sadly this didn't happen ?

I am having Diamondbrite protection applied, so along with the PDI, this will take about 3 days.

So, provided dealers have physical space to take delivery, why not - as @Tony.T says - continue with the deliveries since - as @BlackheathDiggs notes - for all cars that have left Antwerp and are at Dags or on their way there, the fix will be done by the dealers along with the PDI?

Instead, this approach will result in both (a) lost time/opportunity at the dealers until the hold is taken off, and then (b) a transportation bottleneck at Dagenham in getting the cars out.

Notwithstanding, as per @SteveUk the whole thing seems totally illogical ?

A complete lack of joined up thinking - and yet another "issue" for the concierge team to have to deal with.

Let's keep our fingers crossed they review their approach - and sort out the bug asap ?

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The craziness of UK/EU law! You would at least think if isn't a "do not drive" situation you could at least sign a disclaimer to say you've been made aware that eCall currently may not work properly but you're happy to still drive it.
Well, a no-call from the ecall is just your risk. But a call to the wrong location is an extra cost for the public safety department and a drain on their staff and funds.
The cars that are already sold, they can't be unsold. So obviously the ecall of those cars have to be fixed by a recall.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all

A sad day yesterday as I sold my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, after 5 years of excellent service, and no range anxiety after my 30 miles of battery ran out as the engine then took over ? I note a fellow Outlander owner in @BlackheathDiggs who may also have to deal with this trauma soon!

What was notable about the sale was I used “Motorway”, and was impressed by both the service they offer and the price they achieved – the latter being significantly more than the Ford PX figure, even allowing for the current increases in used car prices ?

I had mentioned Motorway in an earlier post and @Tony.T expressed an interest, so I have jotted down some thoughts on the process below.

I had thought initially it would be a basic system i.e. provide some general background info on the car and a few pics, and off you go – but it was anything but that, and that’s why it seems so good:

• You register on the Motorway platform and get an indicative valuation for the car.
  • If you decide to proceed, you then complete a questionnaire on the background and condition of the car etc., probably 15 – 20 questions, and then you have to provide 16 or so photos e.g. 4 each of external views, internal, wheels and tyres.
  • Once these are uploaded/completed, you speak to a rep from Motorway, and he/she runs through and checks everything, and you agree a “reserve price” for your car
  • The car then goes into the next day’s “auction”, which is available to the platform’s network of 3,000 or so dealers (I was told they are formally checked and vetted by Motorway before being allowed to access the platform)
  • The auction close at 15:00 on the next day, and you are notified by email of the highest bid/bids received and can then accept or reject any bid. If the bid is at or above the reserve, you simply confirm acceptance – if the bid is below the reserve, Motorway will call to discuss.
  • Once a bid is accepted, the dealer will email you that afternoon or next morning to confirm the bid. They may/will likely ask further questions and pics – in my case I had to complete a 10-minute walk around appraisal – and will then confirm the price/deal
  • They then arrange to pick up the car – hopefully in a couple of days although in my case it was about a week
  • On collection day, the collection agent will check round the car for any other issues, go for a quick test drive, and then call the dealer – if all is still OK the dealer then transfers the money immediately (they will take your bank details when you/they confirm the price, and set you up on their banking system) and once you see it in your account – all done and off they go!
  • If there was anything found on collection that had not been identified previously, the dealer would have the option to discuss and re-negotiate the price with you
In summary, although it seems quite onerous going through the questions and all the pics, I guess it does mean that the dealers have virtually everything they need to make an informed bid, subject to their checks and the collection day checks. Given they have to make the arrangements to pick the car up, there is some incentive for them to act in a sensible and responsible manner, along with the due diligence carried out by Motorway.

I had never looked at using these platforms before to sell a car, and did check a couple out informally but was not particularly impressed. I am a RAC member and checked on their website for advice, which is where I saw the link so I thought I would try it.

You can check their ratings on Trustpilot (as you can similar providers) and I can only recount my experience of their service, which was very good – as was the actual dealer (Aston Vauxhall) who purchased the car.

In 24 hours, I had registered, provided car details, agreed a reserve, accepted a bid above the reserve, and had the dealer contact me. The price was finalised with the dealer the following day, and the car collected a week later.

Hope this helps – apologies for the rather long post ?

Please let me know if any questions and I will do my best to respond
David.
Sponsored