UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Interestingly @Iwantonenow Lauren was told by Nicola Webster (Ford Exec Office) that the eCall fix is already being applied to the cars in Antwerp. On the Norwegian thread there is a post where the car (which is in Antwerp) has had an ETIS update today, which means Aktrion are carrying on with QPDI. Now it is extremely unlikely that Ford would get Aktrion to continue with the PDI and then get the car back a second time for the eCall fix. So I am really hoping that what Nicola said is true and the eCall fix is ready. Obviously it would be deployed to Aktrion first who are already set up to work with MMEs.

Again I am just guessing but the fix will now need to be "packaged" to be OTA or Dealer deliverable. But I cant imagine it being too far away.

Knowing Ford, I predict the dealer fix will be release tomorrow Friday just before 5pm, getting us all excited, but then service departments close over the weekend and nothing actually happens with our cars until next week!
My dealer rang me at 4pm today to tell me the fix will be in 2 weeks from today.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
A ford fortnight... IE 27 days ;-)

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
As requested…..

I hadn’t noticed - but I ordered these in February - yet the order creation date was the day I went into the dealership to chase them up :) So they did well to arrive in less than a week LOL #theyfuckedup

CA477B1E-77D4-4D74-89C2-784908308454.jpeg
72111002-7C29-422E-9697-684F670C40D6.jpeg
683E2D9F-77CA-4408-AEB9-12A152FEAAD5.jpeg
Thanks Tone. That's very helpful. Managed to order them. They are now on back order. But still will probably arrive before the eCall fix! :p

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
My dealer rang me at 4pm today to tell me the fix will be in 2 weeks from today.
Thought 2 weeks was mentioned last week. Not sure where the dealers get there time lines from. Mine now been at the dealership for 2 weeks. Last week he's telling me I'm sure it be a quick fix via software.
Now getting close to my MOT and service for present car. Who would have thought that when my original order was December last year.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Thought 2 weeks was mentioned last week. Not sure where the dealers get there time lines from. Mine now been at the dealership for 2 weeks. Last week he's telling me I'm sure it be a quick fix via software.
Now getting close to my MOT and service for present car. Who would have thought that when my original order was December last year.
Not forgetting those that were ordered months before mine.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
If a Mach E is charging via a Type 2 cable, does anyone know if the cable is locked to the car while the car is locked and charging? Also does the car have to be left switched on to charge or can it be turned off?
The few owners we have on here can confirm I'm sure, but I understand that yes the cable will lock to the car during charging (there is a lock-symbol button you have to press to unlock when you're finished charging). For the car to charge it has to be in Park mode (either on or off), so I think that means for rapid charging you can sit with the car on and listen the radio (not something I can do in my PHEV, which can only charge when turned off). You can definitely leave the turned off while it slow charges!