EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Where in Essex are you? I've been driving around West Essex and after 400 miles, am yet to see another Mach E...
I got a Southend postcode, come under Wickford, but pay council tax to Chelmsford. Work that out.lol.
not far from the A130

got the car from Ford Benfleet, near the Rayleigh weir
Sponsored

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not for the faint hearted!

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ahhh thanks, i'm often maxing aircon and still get a range circa 285 to 300
Just received this message on my Ford Pass

Recall Notice
MUSTANG MACH-E ECALL SOFTWARE UPDATE REQUIRED

Car has been in Antwerp since 9 June so hopefully this might get done tomorrow and car will then be heading to Flushing?
Mine landed in Antwerp on 18th May and Fordpass sent me a message about the recall this afternoon. Would be nice if this meant it was on the move. But since I only picked up a cancelled order a couple of weeks ago I cannot complain too much.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I’m having an issue with the hands free automatic boot.

I can get it to open 95% of the time by kicking my foot underneath.

I have only ever managed to get it to close once!

I’ve followed the instructions to the letter.

Anyone else found this?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Anyone else found this?
I think this has been the experience for many of us. Some things to try include standing slightly further back before you kick or maybe kick a little slower. But I think the primary issue is likely the current state of the software and its bugs. Hopefully this will be resolved in time.

I've noticed while washing the vehicle that if I have the key in my pocket, then the boot will often open up while I'm just trying to wash that lower bumper area. So the sensors are there and do work, just not always when you want them to. ;)

There is also a concealed button just above the license plate. Sometimes I have to push that button twice. This is probably related to the same bugs.

JStepha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag

Anyone else found this?
Exact same, opening is completely fine, but I struggle to get it to work when closing.
I have found that setting the opening height to just below maximum height (holding the open button for 10 seconds just below maximum) makes it work more, but nowhere near as successful as opening.

bl0ke

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
charge and 330 ish miles. At 100% last Thursday I had 356 in my RWD ER
Anyone else have the SR-AWD? Mine calculates approx 210 on a full charge. Not sure if that's my driving or the fact we've only done 500-ish miles with only one long trip.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Anyone else have the SR-AWD? Mine calculates approx 210 on a full charge. Not sure if that's my driving or the fact we've only done 500-ish miles with only one long trip.
Hiya

On a Standard Range AWD model the WLTP figure quoted by Ford is 248 miles on a full battery. Adjust that to real world figure, and 210 isn’t far off the mark especially if you are running aircon etc.

Basing on a quick calculation you’re averaging about 3miles/kWh (check your Trip settings) If you want to get the 248 mile range you will need to be closer to 3.6miles/kWh which should be possible.

Essentially you have the most power hungry model with the smallest sized battery which is why it might seem a bit lower compared to the Extended Range RWD model.

You could always try and reset the power consumption history in settings and that will forget your past driving history.

Welcome to the power efficiency game :)

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Yes. I’ve got that model and that was what mine was saying at the start and that was what I was expecting.

As @Wonky_Donkey says it varies depending on driving style etc, air con etc.

I’ve had mine a week and a half but have only did about 200 miles. Some motorway and some local roads.

Mine is now showing 225 miles. I’m enjoying the challenge of improving the efficiency with the braking coach etc. Boring I know!?

Still enjoy putting the pedal down every now and again though and decreasing the efficiency! ?

Chaks

First Name
Chaks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Extended RWD
Occupation
IT professional
Country flag
So nice to see an influx of new faces on the forum - welcome to all of you who are picking up cars imminently.

The Mach-E has so much in built connectivity that I though it might be worth while to run through the different connectivity systems, as the terms "Wi-Fi" and "Cellular" often get conflated and they cover multiple systems in the car.

Ford Connected Services Modem
This is a cellular data connection that enables all the smart services in the car. This includes all the FordPass Connect systems such as Navigation and Map updates, Live Traffic info functions, an even your location and tyre pressure data shown in the FordPass app. It's also the main connection your car will use to download Over-The-Air (OTA) Updates. There is no data limit on this connection as it is not accessible to the customer, it's purely used to connect your car to the outside world and Ford's servers. It is included free of charge for the first 5 years of vehicle ownership. After the 5yrs it is subscription based (no price info known as yet)

Onboard Wi-Fi Hotspot
This is the second cellular data connection in the car. It's completely independent to the first one and is solely used to provide a Wi-Fi hotspot for passenger devices in the car. It's tied to a Vodafone "Internet in the Car" eSIM which gives a 1Gb/1 month free trial on activation. Thereafter it's £11 or £20 a month if you decide to sign up on Vodafone's website. It's not required to allow the car to download updates or perform any functions, it's purely to provide passenger internet.

Wi-Fi Network Connectivity
To help speed up the OTA update process you can also connect your car to your home Wi-Fi. The use case here is when your car is parked outside your house it can connect to the internet on a faster connection (and use your bandwidth instead of Ford's ;) ) This can be helpful if you live in a poor signal area for cellular services.

App Wi-Fi Projection
Yet another Wi-Fi connection broadcast by the car - this one is solely used by Wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. It creates a data connection between the car and your phone to display the CarPlay / Android Auto interface. Note most phones can only be connected to one Wi-Fi network at a time - so if you are using CarPlay etc you won't be able to connect to the In-Car Vodafone Wi-Fi at the same time. It's one or the other unfortunately.

So as you can see there's a lot going on here with connectivity, and anyone new to the Mach-E can be forgiven for not knowing how it all links together.

Hope that helps

Tone
Thanks @Tony Alonso and @Mercury8
Much appreciated ?

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Still enjoy putting the pedal down every now and again though and decreasing the efficiency! ?

As I've found out, it gets to 70ish+ pretty quick without realising it.
As I mentioned previously, this car will get you points if your not careful.

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, AWD ER
Country flag
I'm having a problem getting my home charging to stop at the max level that I've set. I've set the max charge level at 80% and i'm not using a schedule - it's simply set to 'charge when plugged in'. I've also tried to use a schedule and it still goes on to charge to 100%. I'm using a pod-point so i can set the charger to charge during certain times as well, but how can i stop it charging past the 80% level that i've set? I think this has been discussed/explained elsewhere, but I can't find it, so apologies for bringing it up again! Anyone able to tell me what i'm doing wrong - bound to be user error! Many thanks.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Drove my MME down to Wimbledon yesterday for the tennis - on site parking was £35 (£30 for electric vehicles - nice), but I parked up on a SourceLondon charging post nearby where you get free parking, which cost me £12 filling up my battery with 27kWh. So from a charging perspective, quite expensive, but saved me loads on parking! The Mustang already saving me cash :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm having a problem getting my home charging to stop at the max level that I've set. I've set the max charge level at 80% and i'm not using a schedule - it's simply set to 'charge when plugged in'. I've also tried to use a schedule and it still goes on to charge to 100%. I'm using a pod-point so i can set the charger to charge during certain times as well, but how can i stop it charging past the 80% level that i've set? I think this has been discussed/explained elsewhere, but I can't find it, so apologies for bringing it up again! Anyone able to tell me what i'm doing wrong - bound to be user error! Many thanks.
You have to set up the car to save a location for charging when you charge the car for the first time at home and then you should be able to set charge times and change the setting to "use preferred charge settings".
However, I have found that although I have set the car to charge between 0100 and 0400 with NO departure times, I still have to regulate the maximum charge otherwise the car will start charging as soon as I have plugged it in. I have worked it out that between these times I get about 15% charge so if I have 65% and leave the setting at 85% maximum charge the car will start BEFORE the 0100 start time to reach 85% by 0400. I am not sure if this is a bug, me not setting the correct settings or if this is the car behaving normally. If I set the maximum charge to about 15% above my current SOC then it seems to charge between the set times. Please bear in mind that I use the supplied Variopower lead plugged into a 32amp commando socket and have, therefore, no facility to set times on my charger. If you have a wall box I presume that you can do this.
Sponsored