David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Got my recall notice a few minutes ago. Wonder if this'll cure the wind noise problems some have been reporting?
Hi @Tony.T

Same here - had the email and hoping it will quieten down the driver's side wind noise that seems to eminate from the "wider" channel on that side ??

Mine was also an early build ....

Cheers
David

BlackandAmber

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
Must be the week for road trips :)

I just got back from a week away in the Barnard Castle area <insert obligatory eye test joke here>

Few things I picked up on the trip and the 1,200 miles covered this week:
  • IONITY chargers are pretty good as long as you use the Ford Charging Network card to reduce the price from 69p/kWh to 30p/kWh. Despite the high price for non Ford cardholders they are suprisingly popular with everyone.

• The all new shiny Gridserve Chargers that have replaced the old cranky Ecotricity ones are themselves becoming a bit unreliable and cranky. At each of the following services on the A1 there were multiple Gridserve chargers that were out of orderā€¦. Wetherby, Scotch Corner, & Ferry Bridge.

• There are some selfish Mach-E drivers out there. On two separate occasions at rapid chargers where there was a queue of people waiting - there were Mach-Eā€™s that had been left plugged in charging well over 80% (trying to get to 100%?) with the owners nowhere to be seen. This is insane and was giving us a bad rep with other EV owners as after 80% youā€™ll be lucky to pull more than 7kw, and that last 20% will take 2Ā½ hours even on a rapid charger. Blocking a rapid charger like that is not good (happened at A1 Wetherby Services & IONITY Peterborough)

• Donā€™t use the LIDL PodPoint charger at New Road in Crook after dark. Itā€™s has no streetlights and despite being located next door to a Police Station has a gang of kids who will throw bricks and fireworks at anything that takes their fancy (including the reception desk of the Police Station!)

• Now the chilly nights and mornings are here, at 4ĀŗC and below you get an ice warning light on the drivers display:

C0E811F6-8667-400E-A55D-2A28E9904B10.jpeg
And that all important detail that everyone asksā€¦.. Trip Average of 3.2m/kWh with lots of 75mph A1/Motorway driving, lots of cold rainy weather driving, lots of steep and twisty roads in the Pennines, heating always on AUTO and set to 19ĀŗC
I wondered if you were the same Wonky Donkey that had posted on ZapMap about Crook's charger - you'll be getting the locals thinking that Rapid Red Mach E's are common around here ;) My nearest charger and I wouldn't venture into that spot after dark either :oops:
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Lidl Charger

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I wondered if you were the same Wonky Donkey that had posted on ZapMap about Crook's charger - you'll be getting the locals thinking that Rapid Red Mach E's are common around here ;) My nearest charger and I wouldn't venture into that spot after dark either :oops:
Lidl Charger.jpg
LOL - I do like to spread the love ?

It's such a shame about that car park and charger - it would be fine if they just threw in some decent lighting and a CCTV camera or two to discourage the bad behaviour. I bet PodPoint are getting a bit tired of having to replace that touchscreen over and over.

Tell you one thing though - your shiny red MME looks much much cleaner than mine does right now. ?

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Lidl Charger
There can't be MORE than 1 @Wonky_Donkey ? ?

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Yep my issues increasing daily now have a diary, most with the ford pass (ford failure) keeps sending wrong messages won't save changes a long list of glitches . Main issues with car the satnav won't work I can use the apple Maps but I liked the Ford Nav particularly for diversions. Took it in and they have not been able to solve it yet. The range issue and the GOM really is very frustrating I know they say in all the treads take no notice of it its very conservative so you will not have a problem
Yesterday before the precondition came on (plugged into mains) range was 192 when I got in car it was 190 and as soon as I pulled out of garage it was 189. I did a 10.9 mile journey and after the range left was 174 miles so I lost 4 miles and would indicate the range given was optimistic not conservative. I am hovering around the 2.8 mls/kw even with driving slower than I have driven any of my previous cars. When I check KW used and miles added it gives a figure of 3.5 I wonder do they work this out from your past driving history or just sing the 88 kw battery capacity

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I have turned off eheat and aircon and rely only on seat and steering wheel heating. The inside warmth is comfortable enough even when the outside temperature was 2C.
I only use eheat when I have passengers who would whinge about being cold (which isn't very often!) When on my own a thick coat and heated steering wheel is enough to keep me toasty!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I have to take my wifeā€™s ice for MOT today. I had to emergency stop at the first junction without any regen 1PD.
This is what I'm afraid of - I've got my MME booked in for 22nd Nov (was this Friday but they discovered their MME man wasn't in!!!) to investigate why almost every morning now I get the "System off to save battery" message, presumably the 12v battery is either not charging properly, or not holding charge as much as it should. I will have a courtesy car and I bet it won't be an MME so I'll have to re-learn how to use a brake pedal (and probably a clutch!!!)

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is what I'm afraid of - I've got my MME booked in for 22nd Nov (was this Friday but they discovered their MME man wasn't in!!!) to investigate why almost every morning now I get the "System off to save battery" message, presumably the 12v battery is either not charging properly, or not holding charge as much as it should. I will have a courtesy car and I bet it won't be an MME so I'll have to re-learn how to use a brake pedal (and probably a clutch!!!)

I ALWAYS stipulate an Auto. Not used a stick shift for 20 years- blowed if I'm going backwards now!! If they can't supply one then they'll have to collect and return the car.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Have you had OTA 1.7.1?

I started having this after updating the APIM. All my modules are fully updated but get this also. Not convinced itā€™s a 12V issue as Iā€™ve charged mine fully up, and still get it.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Have you had OTA 1.7.1?

I started having this after updating the APIM. All my modules are fully updated but get this also. Not convinced itā€™s a 12V issue as Iā€™ve charged mine fully up, and still get it.

Didn't think OTA 1.7.1 had ben rolled out in the uk as yet.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Didn't think OTA 1.7.1 had ben rolled out in the uk as yet.
I think weā€™re all still patiently waiting / hoping it will come soon. No confirmed OTA installs of 1.7.1 in UK as yet :(

Kdpt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, MG ZS EV
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Changed my MME yesterday from SR/RWD to a SR/AWD
Pics show the difference when 100% charged.
(Only a few miles on the new car so these are just for reference)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers MME_GOM1

Pic below of my SecuriAlert setup am I making the wrong assumption that I should 'only' get alerts between 23.00 & 06.00, both my car and my missus give alerts at all times of day and night not just between the set times, it just becomes unusable giving multiple alerts all day!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers SecuriAlert Setu