UK Customers

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
If you're in that situation again you could try MFG Chester Rd Stretford 8 devices 50-150KW. What range are you getting in the cold weather?
1638212804910.png
have charged here. they are good and fast. the station is easy to miss though. it's just after a roundabout, on the left hand side.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Well after reporting a 1.7.1 update (see yesterdayā€™s screenshot) this morning Iā€™m showing the default ā€œYour system is up-to-dateā€ rather 1.7.1

My automatic updates button has also now been disabled ?

I did a master reset via Sync just to give it a chance to bed in - and no change. Donā€™t seem to have any of the new 1.7.1 features either. #disappointed

How is everyone elseā€™s update going?

AF15AC4A-A68E-4151-830B-9243C12596BE.jpeg
My auto update button is also disabled. I thought that when this update has finished installing that the button would be again usable.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Well after reporting a 1.7.1 update (see yesterdayā€™s screenshot) this morning Iā€™m showing the default ā€œYour system is up-to-dateā€ rather 1.7.1

I did a master reset via Sync just to give it a chance to bed in - and no change. Donā€™t seem to have any of the new 1.7.1 features either. #disappointed

AF15AC4A-A68E-4151-830B-9243C12596BE.jpeg
I wouldnā€™t have done a master reset in your case. There is evidence in the forum that 1.7.1 takes days to install properly after you are notified On sync. Only when you get the message In FordPass is it done.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I wouldnā€™t have done a master reset in your case. There is evidence in the forum that 1.7.1 takes days to install properly after you are notified On sync. Only when you get the message In FordPass is it done.
Oh well - whoopsie!

I read the previous post where a Master Reset was suggested/recommended. So I went ahead and did it. Interestingly I have done Master Resets before, and one time it said it wouldnā€™t let me as an update was in progress. I didnā€™t get anything like that today when I did it so presumed it was ok. Seems there is some level of self protection in the system - hopefully Iā€™ve not confused it too much.

Reassuringly it has just jumped back onto my Wi-Fi when I got home and has started downloading a load more data.

Also noticed that I no longer have a software version listed in my car (see screenshot)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 6EF3E29E-EBFF-438D-84C3-D23C4A723500

Last edited:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh well - whoopsie!

I read the previous post where a Master Reset was suggested/recommended. So I went ahead and did it. Interestingly I have done Master Resets before, and one time it said it wouldnā€™t let me as an update was in progress. I didnā€™t get anything like that today when I did it so presumed it was ok. Seems there is some level of self protection in the system - hopefully Iā€™ve not confused it too much.

Reassuringly it has just jumped back onto my Wi-Fi when I got home and has started downloading a load more data.

Also noticed that I no longer have a software version listed in my car (see screenshot)

yeah, there is a thread on that.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-1-7-1-stuck-anyone-else-have-issue-updating.10071/

I suggested a master reset after 1.7.1 is applied using FDRS not OTA. Should have been clearerā€¦sorry

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag

Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Hope all is well!

I received an OTA 1.7.1 a few days ago. All seems OK with no obvious problems - equally no real differences, apart from the Note function.

Seems a bit of a damp squib overall - especially with no frunk opening ?

Cheers
David

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah no worries - donā€™t want you think I was blaming you for doing a reset. I make my own choices and it was my own decision to do it :)

Do you still have FDRS access - or did you only have a short term subscription?
I permanently have it. Did you want me to check your VIN..? If so PM me and Iā€™ll screenshot it for you. Iā€™m off to skittles now so may be tomorrow.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Have you tried the master reset yet?

It really is a pain to set everything up again, but I'm confident it will resolve your issues.

I had very similar to you (I updated to 1.7.1 using dealer tools), and a master reset has resolved all my issues.
Looks like I might have to give that a go. Got nothing to lose I suppose

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
On my Volvo XC40 I could start it via phone, my friend has a Lexus that he can start via his phone and I heard an advert on the radio this morning (can't remember what make) that was saying you could start it from your phone......remind me why we can't??!?!

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Emailed Hannah about the electronic Frunk missing from 1.7.1. This is her reply:

I have spoken with the Connectivity team regarding the opening of the Frunk button, and I can confirm we are expecting to deploy this in the future, however we do not currently have a timescale of when this functionality will be activated for you.

So, at least itā€™s coming. ????

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
So this update is a bit of a disappointment without the frunk button or calm screen button.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I know the pros and cons of reduced range in the winter but my RWD ER has taken a proper hit.

Estimated mileage (shortly after reset) - 227@ 100%

Miles/KWh - between 1.9 and 2.7 depending on preconditioning.

Just wondered if this is what everyone else is seeing and what I should expect or is something wrong?

TIA

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I see a real hit if I use the heater. If I don't use the heater then it can be over 3miles/kw.
Sponsored