UK Customers

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Hi

I noticed you used Nottingham Alignment Centre. I've used these for years on my previous cars as a check and when something was "off". Did they have any issues driving on to the hoists etc? I presume you turned off one pedal drive? I've had tyres replaced by them (usually by Falkens of some description depending on tyre size etc). Have you had your tyres replaced yet and if so which ones? Historically I've always found Bridgestone tyres to be very noisy and Falkens quieter. The Bridgestone tyres on a former Skoda Octavia were so loud they used to give me a headache on longer journeys so I had to change them at only 8,000 miles to Falkens which were much quieter. I wonder if the road noise could be tamed when replacement is needed.

Cheers
Jamie and the guys are great there, no problem driving onto ramp with OPD switched on, rear tyres renewed with Contis couple of thousand miles ago by Alignment Svcs, fronts barely half worn at last check. I donā€™t experience road noise problems. They did report that the biggest fattest Tesla X (is it? I donā€™t really follow/care about the Tesla range) weā€™re too big for conventional ramps. Got some bodywork booked for this week or it could be next at Impact Nottm to tidy up the ā€˜Stang a little.
Sponsored

Alungr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
MachE - key control access
Hopefully a quick question (and answer)...Is there a way that access to the MachE can avoid me EVER having to press the open/close key button on the side of the front doors to open non-driver doors?
This feature is really annoying. I have no children that are desperate jump out of the car at any random opportunity and don't have any significant car "car jacking" fears.
As DEFAULT - I just want ALL doors to be open when the car is unlocked and all doors to be locked when I'm outside the car and press the lock button.
Is this possible?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hopefully a quick question (and answer)...Is there a way that access to the MachE can avoid me EVER having to press the open/close key button on the side of the front doors to open non-driver doors?
This feature is really annoying. I have no children that are desperate jump out of the car at any random opportunity and don't have any significant car "car jacking" fears.
As DEFAULT - I just want ALL doors to be open when the car is unlocked and all doors to be locked when I'm outside the car and press the lock button.
Is this possible?
I'm confused, doesn't take a lot on a Monday morning, by your question. You mention "open", "unlocked", "inside", "outside". There is a subtle difference between open and unlocked.
To get INTO the car you have to "open" the relevant door. This HAS to be done by pushing the button on the door pillar. The only way to have ALL the doors "open" when unlocked is to following afore mentioned procedure.
Now let me tackle what I THINK you mean. What you are trying to get an answer too is about the autolock/unlock feature that activates when you drive off and only deactivates when you stop and open the drivers door. You can turn this feature OFF by going to the following setting on the main screen.
Click the car icon on the top right, then settings, vehicle, locks, auto unlock and turn the indicator off.

Last edited:

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Is this possible?
I know exactly what you mean, I get wifey banging on door when she canā€™t get in, maybe something in settings - auto lock, perhaps?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Does anyone know the website for getting the European Toll card that was advertised a while ago? I cannot find it.

Secondly, I see that the AWD SR is no longer sold on the Ford UK website.....

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I still get no automatic updates!
Have you had your dealer do the latest recall software update yet. Rumor has it that until that is done no more OTA updates can/will be received. I have just dropped mine off at my dealer to have some work/recall done and he says that the only outstanding update that he can see on the system is the recall one. Time will tell.

mustangguy64

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
64 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you had your dealer do the latest recall software update yet. Rumor has it that until that is done no more OTA updates can/will be received. I have just dropped mine off at my dealer to have some work/recall done and he says that the only outstanding update that he can see on the system is the recall one. Time will tell.
We are also not receiving updates; are you referring to 22S41 - BATTERY ENERGY CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE UPDATE as we have had the 22-2166 update applied a month ago.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
We are also not receiving updates; are you referring to 22S41 - BATTERY ENERGY CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE UPDATE as we have had the 22-2166 update applied a month ago.
22P25 BCM & GFM/FTRM update

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just got my car back from my dealer having had the 22P25 recall software update done. Only took about an hour. Have been through ALL my settings and cannot see anything that has changed so presumably it is just a background update. At least, so far anyway, nothing seems to be NOT working which is good.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I know exactly what you mean, I get wifey banging on door when she canā€™t get in, maybe something in settings - auto lock, perhaps?
Same here, biggest bug bear with the car is the door locks having a mind of their own, I though part of 21P22 was to rectify that but seems to have come back again.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
There is another round of door module updates came out maybe 2 weeks ago in FDRS.

I've applied them to mine and the doors are definitely better.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Same here, biggest bug bear with the car is the door locks having a mind of their own, I though part of 21P22 was to rectify that but seems to have come back again.

Hopefully an OTA update will help whenever we start getting them again in the UK.

CloverRover

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
Country flag
How do you know if you are due one & where do you find you current version please? i've only had mine a little over 2 weeks and all this talk of updates is confusing šŸ¤£
Sponsored