grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Does deleting and re-installing clear all your data?
NO. I should have known better really as most times I have an update I have to go through the process of allowing data sharing and all that crap and the app locks out on me so the only way to gain access is to reset the whole thing. Never lost any other data though. Not yet anyway.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Sometimes things are offered on EU/UK spec cars that are not offered here in the US.

Case in point being the trailer hitch.

On my US delivered Mini JCW I found out years after buying it that there were official Mini EU-spec mirrors that had wide-angle view mirror glass to prevent blind spots. I got a pair of those from a parts group that specialized in EU based cars.

Is there a similar option for EU/UK based Mach-Es? I'd like to get the same blind-spot reducing mirrors if they're available. They're brilliant on my Mini!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I just ordered one - just as much to keep the water out while charging rather than snow etc.

Hilarious point though - despite having the word "Mach-E" splattered all over the top of the rubber Ford seem to think that It's incompatible with my vehicle. Well we'll see - although the number of times I type in my reg details on Ford websites and they think I drive a Bronco instead of a Mach-E šŸ™ˆ šŸ¤Ŗ

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
What do you do with it when you use a public CCS?
I'm guessing that the thought process is that when using a CCS connection you are only going to be plugged in for 45mins max - so not really needed for that kind of charging.

It's more designed for when the car is left plugged in on an AC charger at home for many hours

MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
After a txt 'what covers the small hole'
Ok, I didn't show the Dust Cap (to cover the
cable Release Button)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers MME _Port Cover B
Hi Kdpt, thanks for the info. Going into shop.ford.co.uk if I enter my registration it does not recognise it. Ok, so I selected Ford Mustang Mach-e and the bulid year (2021), and it says it is incompatible. Tried the 2020 and 2022 options and it says incompatible for all 3 options.
Could you please tell me what year your car is?

Kdpt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, MG ZS EV
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Regardless of which year you put in it will show 'NOT compatible
with your vehicle'. I ordered and picked mine up from my local
Ford Dealer Parts Dept & it fits perfectly (it also does have
Mach E stamped on it).

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
For anyone who has problems with Snow, Dirt, Sand etc
these Charge Port Covers are great.

MUSTANG MACHE CHARGING PORT WINTER COVER
Product No. 2630165

MME _Port Cover A.jpg
Letā€™s badly design a charging port that accumulates dirt, rain and snow, then sell them the solution as an extra..HAHAHAHA!

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Well FP 4.25 is a big pile of šŸ’©, at least for me. Downloaded the update (for Andriod) on Sunday and plugged my car in for the first time today expecting to see this new charging information which is supposed to have been installed. Haha, that's a joke. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
Not had chance to try it, nearly 7 weeks now and Ford still havenā€™t sorted my FP access. Getting to the point now where Iā€™m going to write to Darren Palmer directly.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Not had chance to try it, nearly 7 weeks now and Ford still havenā€™t sorted my FP access. Getting to the point now where Iā€™m going to write to Darren Palmer directly.
Best of luck with that.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
This has been raised in its own thread but thought mentioning it here might be handy for those that donā€™t scan everything ā€¦.

FordPass update for iOS devices today (v4.25.0 GBR -the UK specific version) has a new feature that shows the charging speed (shown as charge rate) while charging.

A long requested feature that lots have been waiting for. So far Iā€™ve only seen it on my AC home charger but I presume it also works for DC fast charging sessions too.

Now all we need is to be able to see the charge rate shown in the actual car!

No update for the Android version yet but Iā€™m sure it will be released v shortly.

Donā€™t usually look for updates and stuff but looks like I have also been treated to the updated app though I canā€™t see where the target mileage at 100% charge has gonešŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

IMG_0041.jpeg

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
So , the next BEV from Ford has been revealed. They are calling it the EXPLORER. Reservation has been made.
Looks good and Iā€™d consider it if somebody wrote off the ā€˜Stang which is probably the only way Iā€™d change it as I decided to run it into the ground, but if the Explorerā€™s ā€œrange could give you 305 milesā€ is anything like the MMEā€™s ā€œrange could give you 379 milesā€ the explorer just wonā€™t do, and with a seats-down boot smaller than the ā€˜Stangā€™s by 20litres proves the ā€˜Stangā€™s more of a useful motor than a poncy one and Iā€™m really not sure all this will go in to the Explorer as it really mustā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 17.34.19.png
Sponsored