grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My lease with Ford expires next week, I’ve already extended the full 12 months and they don’t have an answer as to what my options are. I would also like a 3 month window of when my Mach E will arrive.
You and about 49,999 others
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think the only thing I really need to know now is a realistic timeline of when they will be manufacturing cars by order number.

I have a leased Chevy Bolt I have to turn in at the end of January, and it would nice to know an approximate date that my Mach-E will arrive at the dealership. I don't expect an exact date, but say a three week window would be very helpful. We could squeak by until the end of February, but if the car is not going to be here until the end of May, I have to make some plans.

Ford builds vehicles. It is what they are good at. They must have this info by now. So why not let us know? It is not like I will cancel the order over it....

JMHO

Jim
My best guess is at https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-46715

The important determinants are what was your reservation number (or date) and when did you convert to an order?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My lease with Ford expires next week, I’ve already extended the full 12 months and they don’t have an answer as to what my options are. I would also like a 3 month window of when my Mach E will arrive.
There's a post in here recently about lease extensions. Ford will work with you if you need to extend a lease of a Ford vehicle while awaiting a Mach E order.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am not expecting to hear too much until OKTB passes. That is basically the same as the Release Status which means all kinds of stuff happens and the sleeping giant awakens so to speak....

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
The important determinants are what was your reservation number (or date) and when did you convert to an order?
Reservation was originally placed 01-05-2020 - Order # 29845 - Converted to order 07-01-2020

Premium - RWD - Extended Range Battery - Carbonized Gray - Black Onyx

:)

Jim

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
There's a post in here recently about lease extensions. Ford will work with you if you need to extend a lease of a Ford vehicle while awaiting a Mach E order.
GM let me extend for 1 month. I’m now out of my BoltEV on December 6th. Hoping my Ford dealer will work with me to get me something to get me through until my 96## premium gets delivered (before the end of the year ?)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reservation was originally placed 01-05-2020 - Order # 29845 - Converted to order 07-01-2020

Premium - RWD - Extended Range Battery - Carbonized Gray - Black Onyx

Jim
My latest estimate of reservation numbers they'll reach before the end of the year is about 20,000:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-46719

The real question for your delivery is when they start on European production and how it influences NA car production. If they reach about reservation #20,000 by the end of the year and keep going on NA cars, your production should be in January. However, EU/UK orders will probably push that back. We don't know if they will take a pause on the NA orders or interleave the two set. You'll probably see your car by late Q1.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
See? It is pretty simple. Now I have a reasonable idea of when to expect my car!

Now why can't Ford release info like this? Or at least send it to my dealer, who should call me.

Jim

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
See? It is pretty simple. Now I have a reasonable idea of when to expect my car!

Now why can't Ford release info like this? Or at least send it to my dealer, who should call me.

Jim
Just remember, there's a reason I call mine guesstimates!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My latest estimate of reservation numbers they'll reach before the end of the year is about 20,000:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-46719

The real question for your delivery is when they start on European production and how it influences NA car production. If they reach about reservation #20,000 by the end of the year and keep going on NA cars, your production should be in January. However, EU/UK orders will probably push that back. We don't know if they will take a pause on the NA orders or interleave the two set. You'll probably see your car by late Q1.
Now in UK we have been told delivery early/spring 2021. Going by what you said here I can expect mine (414**) sometime whenever. Oh how I love a suspense thriller. Its just like a roller coaster ride lots of ups and downs, twists and turns ending up back at the beginning. How I wish Ford would put us out of our misery.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Jim
I think there would be a public outcry every time a date changed or was missed, creating a pr nightmare. Honestly, I would prefer a JIT date that is firm and a little reminder every know and then if gross schedule changes occur or confirmation nothing has changed. One of the huge downsides of the reservation system is that you end up building expectation over a much longer time.

Personally, I felt no stress about needing to know a date until early October. That was largely triggered by a call from my dealer saying the schedule had changed setting off a cascade of trying to reconcile competing sources of information. Yes, I was one of those silent forum readers for months.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Now in UK we have been told delivery early/spring 2021. Going by what you said here I can expect mine (414**) sometime whenever. Oh how I love a suspense thriller. Its just like a roller coaster ride lots of ups and downs, twists and turns ending up back at the beginning. How I wish Ford would put us out of our misery.
That's consistent with my guess and your statement recently that Ford is likely to deliver as many as they can to NA in 202 and then start on the EU/UK models.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
How about once you get a VIN assigned you go to ford.com/track put in your VIN and it looks like UPS does when you track a shipment.

For VIN 1FABC123:
Reserved: 11/19/2019
Ordered: 6/10/2020
Build scheduled: 11/21/2020
Build rescheduled: 11/23/2020
Loaded on train: 11/26/2020
Train derailed: 11/27/2020
Rebuild scheduled: 1/15/2021
Rebuild loaded on truck: 1/17/2021
Truck hijacked: 1/18/2021
Truck recovered with no cars: 1/20/2021
Rebuild scheduled: 3/4/2021
Rebuild loaded on ship: 3/7/2021
Ship sinks: 3/18/2021
etc.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
How about once you get a VIN assigned you go to ford.com/track put in your VIN and it looks like UPS does when you track a shipment.

For VIN 1FABC123:
Reserved: 11/19/2019
Ordered: 6/10/2020
Build scheduled: 11/21/2020
Build rescheduled: 11/23/2020
Loaded on train: 11/26/2020
Train derailed: 11/27/2020
Rebuild scheduled: 1/15/2021
Rebuild loaded on truck: 1/17/2021
Truck hijacked: 1/18/2021
Truck recovered with no cars: 1/20/2021
Rebuild scheduled: 3/4/2021