Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Just got a notice that my production date has been pushed back again.

Was originally for week of 01-31-2021, then 02-07-2021, and now it is 02-14-2021.

I thought that production had been caught up.

Anyone with any ideas on why build dates are still being moved back?

I am trying to remain optimistic, but it is getting old seeing orders placed after mine close to delivery and mine keeps getting pushed back on the build date!

Not very happy today.......

Jim
Quick to the Bat Computer.....clicks on link, signs in and, yep, my production week has moved from 2/14 to 2/21. That's okay with me as the later in the year the better for me. Would like the car no later than May...June even better. Dealer will hold for a month. Reason is I will still have a few months left on my Clarity lease. The fewer double payments the better.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Bob Moore Ford has a dealer demo to test drive for anyone.

Bob Moore Ford
8948 South I-35 Service Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73149

1611288064984.png

https://www.bobmooreford.com/
Thank you again for posting this!

Got a Test drive scheduled for Saturday Afternoon. I'm excited to finally see it in person and drive it. We'll see if I decide to stick with my GT reservation or just go ahead and order a Premium.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just got a notice that my production date has been pushed back again.

Was originally for week of 01-31-2021, then 02-07-2021, and now it is 02-14-2021.

I thought that production had been caught up.

Anyone with any ideas on why build dates are still being moved back?

I am trying to remain optimistic, but it is getting old seeing orders placed after mine close to delivery and mine keeps getting pushed back on the build date!

Not very happy today.......

Jim
Just seeing more of these delays this week... hard to to tell what’s going on... if it’s related to fixing the stop ship issue or supply issues or other plant related delays . May be some one with inside info will share if possible.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Quick to the Bat Computer.....clicks on link, signs in and, yep, my production week has moved from 2/14 to 2/21. That's okay with me as the later in the year the better for me. Would like the car no later than May...June even better. Dealer will hold for a month. Reason is I will still have a few months left on my Clarity lease. The fewer double payments the better.

Unfortunately, my lease vehicle was just turned back in last Friday.....

I was expecting delivery late February or early March, which should have been realistic, since we have been told the problems on the line with the earlier builds have been corrected. 10 days to build, 5 days or so to prepare for shipment, and three weeks transport time. I convinced the wife that we could manage having a single vehicle for a 5 - 6 weeks, but now 8 - 10 weeks or more is a real problem. Had Ford been realistic with me that the Jan 31st and then the Feb 7th build dates were not doable in the first place, I may have worked with GM to extend my lease on the 2017 Bolt. But now twice, within a few days of hitting the build date, I check on the site to see it pushed back with no word from either Ford or my dealer. I find it hard to believe that they were not aware of production delays of this magnitude before getting this close to the build dates. And pushing it back twice is just poor business performance, IMHO. Not only have I heard nothing from Ford or my dealer, I had to find it out on my own! As a business owner myself, if I screw up with a customer, I do something to make it right. I really am not seeing that with Ford at this time.

I understand that Ford has their problems, but if they are going to publish production schedules on their web site, then they should be a bit more transparent with the reasons why they can't make their own published delivery dates. And just saying "COVID" is starting to sound like a catch all phrase. If they want me to be understanding and patient, then tell me why I should do that, is all I am saying.....

I realize I am going to get slammed for these comments, but so be it. Am I really the only person that is unhappy with how things are being handled?

Jim

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well, I had the test drive scheduled for Saturday. That dealer is about 2 hours from my house. I just checked again today and a dealer 20 minutes from my house just got one delivered today. So I'm gonna try and schedule that one.

Glad to see that the hold in KC wasn't too long!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
License plate frames are actually illegal in my state. That doesn't stop people from using them or stop dealers from putting them on though.
Not that I would trust this as official as it's not a .gov site, and state specific... but according to https://www.buyradardetectors.com/blog/2019/03/state-license-plate-laws.html you can have a frame, just not a shield, so no tinted covers allowed and plates must be plainly legible at all times.

I would be interested in a state .gov link (or other) if even frames without covers are not allowed. Seems like not allowing frames would be problematic on some vehicles.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not that I would trust this as official as it's not a .gov site, and state specific... but according to https://www.buyradardetectors.com/blog/2019/03/state-license-plate-laws.html you can have a frame, just not a shield, so no tinted covers allowed and plates must be plainly legible at all times.

I would be interested in a state .gov link (or other) if even frames without covers are not allowed. Seems like not allowing frames would be problematic on some vehicles.
The problem in Vermont is that you can't block any words or letters anywhere on the plate, which makes it essentially impossible to use a frame unless it doesn't overlap with the top or bottom of the plate at all or is clear.

https://grandislesheriffvt.org/press-release-dmv-plate-visibility/

Obstructed Registration Plates
Vermont law indicates “number plates shall be kept entirely unobscured, and the numerals and the letters thereon shall be plainly legible at all times.” This includes not only the registration plate number (i.e. – ABC123), but also includes the State identification (Vermont) displayed across the top, the words “Green Mountain State” displayed along the bottom and the registration validation sticker. License plate brackets covering any of the aforementioned in any manner which obstructs viewing the plate are unlawful and should be removed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1611703620433

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem in Vermont is that you can't block any words or letters anywhere on the plate, which makes it essentially impossible to use a frame unless it doesn't overlap with the top or bottom of the plate at all or is clear.

https://grandislesheriffvt.org/press-release-dmv-plate-visibility/

Obstructed Registration Plates
Vermont law indicates “number plates shall be kept entirely unobscured, and the numerals and the letters thereon shall be plainly legible at all times.” This includes not only the registration plate number (i.e. – ABC123), but also includes the State identification (Vermont) displayed across the top, the words “Green Mountain State” displayed along the bottom and the registration validation sticker. License plate brackets covering any of the aforementioned in any manner which obstructs viewing the plate are unlawful and should be removed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1611703620433
That restriction (especially not blocking Green Mountain State) would eliminate many, but there are a few frame designs that should work.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Didn’t know those existed until today, thanks. I am much less worried now if the factory has mounted the bracket.
And they're available in all the current paint colors for the MME, with the exception of Grabber Blue. I've used them in the past and they're really good. The other option is to buy some body fasteners from your local hardware store, then paint them with your factory color touch-up paint if you find the $30 price tag a little too high.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just seeing more of these delays this week... hard to to tell what’s going on... if it’s related to fixing the stop ship issue or supply issues or other plant related delays . May be some one with inside info will share if possible.
There's an industry-wide microchip shortage at the moment. Nobody is spared.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
License plate frames are actually illegal in my state. That doesn't stop people from using them or stop dealers from putting them on though.
In 2003 I got a "failure is not an option" plate from Kennedy Space Center, and had it on my mustang without issue for 9 years. A few months after handing my mustang down to my son he took it off - after a cop gave him a ticket for obstructing his license plate. He actually got denied to be an Uber driver because of that ticket - they were concerned he was trying to obscure his identity.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In 2003 I got a "failure is not an option" plate from Kennedy Space Center, and had it on my mustang without issue for 9 years. A few months after handing my mustang down to my son he took it off - after a cop gave him a ticket for obstructing his license plate. He actually got denied to be an Uber driver because of that ticket - they were concerned he was trying to obscure his identity.
At most that should of only been a fix-it ticket (and maybe small fine). I would of definitely fought it.

Reactions: ARK

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Decal is a no go, however I like the plastic frames, flip it over behind the plate so the metal never touches the paint and the plate has a thin black border.