AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I don't think there's a "new problem". Just that same one that they're rechecking certain units for.
Many of us were not included in the original delay email because our cars were not produced yet. They have since been produced and shipped with ETA’s that have now as of yesterday been pushed back because of some issue. It was hard to decipher from @trutolife27 post if it was or wasn’t a new problem that he was referencing
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Except for the forum police some times he pulls people over for wrong reasons lol. Just joking here have a donut gogogadgetmache lol.
I'd rather have my car ?

if I see you going by in a Mach-E before mine shows up I'm going to not only pull you over but I'll also say you must be a criminal and perform an on-the-spot civil asset forfeiture. you've been warned ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Many of us were not included in the original delay email because our cars were not produced yet. They have since been produced and shipped with ETA’s that have now as of yesterday been pushed back because of some issue. It was hard to decipher from @trutolife27 post if it was or wasn’t a new problem that he was referencing
Same problem. While your car was made more recently, I'll assume you'd like them to make sure it checks out ok. I don't think there's a Tesla option where Ford gets it to you even slower but doesn't do the QC.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see what you mean. From the bits and pieces I've seen, my guess is it's probably not a separate issue. But what initially sounded like only potentially affected the early builds (like before mid-Dec or so) does appear to have stretched to a wider window. I've heard of a few January builds too, like yours. Although most January builds (like my 1/15) seem to have been unaffected. Whether it's tied to a particular trim, or part from a particular supplier, or what is unknown (to us anyway).

But it also sounds like most are checking out fine. Many got the initial 2-month "just in case" delay but it's looking like the vast majority are checking out OK and are getting their ETAs moved back close to their previous dates (just a week or two later instead of 2 months). Still don't know exactly what it is, but the good news is Ford is catching and (if necessary) correcting it before they get into customer hands. Adding a bit more delay to delivery for some, which is frustrating. But that's all part of being a very early adopter of a radically new car, I suppose (exaggerated further by COVID delays). We're the guinea pigs seeing the maximum growing pains in these first few months of deliveries.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Same problem. While your car was made more recently, I'll assume you'd like them to make sure it checks out ok. I don't think there's a Tesla option where Ford gets it to you even slower but doesn't do the QC.
I've never had any desire to own a Tesla so that last option has never crossed my mind. ? And I'm hopeful like you said that it's the same easily mitigated issue and will get turned around and headed to TX fairly quickly (whenever it gets to KC in the first place).

Last edited:

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
With all due respect to all the people on the forum who have gone above and beyond in keeping us informed, at this point it might be an extremely good idea for Ford itself to actually say something to its customers that are literally lining up to hand over more than $60,000 (post tax, in some cases) to buy these cars. And by “might” I mean it definitely is.

Some of us, maybe many of us, never received an email from Ford telling us we’re getting additional Quality Checks on our car. But now we’re getting unexplained delays, and more unexplained delays. And no explanations. And even those with dealers (like mine) who willing share the vehicle visibility reports can’t explain what’s going on. Nor can they make sense of the ping pong and contradictory vehicle locations.

Yeah, we can be patient. Some of us have been for 14 plus months now. I’m at 13+ months of patience. What we can’t abide by though is the silent treatment from Ford. No we don’t need to know there’s a battery charging issue, or a climate control issue, or the anti skid brakes aren’t releasing, or the EverReady bunny is jealous and sabotaging the cars. We need to know that there is a plan, what the plan is, and how it’s going. Sooner rather than later.

More than 2 months to get my car to be from Kansas City Mo to Las Vegas on Union Pacific? Really? And that time frame keeps moving backwards. Good lord, I can actually walk to Fremont and buy another POS Model X in that time. At least I’d have an electric vehicle, bad paint, panel gaps that resemble the course of Lombard Street in San Francisco, randomly ejecting glass roof, genuine Home Depot custom parts and all, instead of a promise to maybe deliver a car — someday.

I’ll not argue the need or the why for checks. Stuff happens. Wrong firmware is loaded onto parts by vendors. Bad parts slip through good companies hands. Miscreant software code picks the exact worse time to go awry. And sometimes vendors lie about how many bad parts they shipped, or worse — they don’t know.

But come on Ford Customer Service lurkers, there’s an issue with many customers, and some have walked, and more are going to walk away.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
With all due respect to all the people on the forum who have gone above and beyond in keeping us informed, at this point it might be an extremely good idea for Ford itself to actually say something to its customers that are literally lining up to hand over more than $60,000 (post tax, in some cases) to buy these cars. And by “might” I mean it definitely is.

Some of us, maybe many of us, never received an email from Ford telling us we’re getting additional Quality Checks on our car. But now we’re getting unexplained delays, and more unexplained delays. And no explanations. And even those with dealers (like mine) who willing share the vehicle visibility reports can’t explain what’s going on. Nor can they make sense of the ping pong and contradictory vehicle locations.

Yeah, we can be patient. Some of us have been for 14 plus months now. I’m at 13+ months of patience. What we can’t abide by though is the silent treatment from Ford. No we don’t need to know there’s a battery charging issue, or a climate control issue, or the anti skid brakes aren’t releasing, or the EverReady bunny is jealous and sabotaging the cars. We need to know that there is a plan, what the plan is, and how it’s going. Sooner rather than later.

More than 2 months to get my car to be from Kansas City Mo to Las Vegas on Union Pacific? Really? And that time frame keeps moving backwards. Good lord, I can actually walk to Fremont and buy another POS Model X in that time. At least I’d have an electric vehicle, bad paint, panel gaps that resemble the course of Lombard Street in San Francisco, randomly ejecting glass roof, genuine Home Depot custom parts and all, instead of a promise to maybe deliver a car — someday.

I’ll not argue the need or the why for checks. Stuff happens. Wrong firmware is loaded onto parts by vendors. Bad parts slip through good companies hands. Miscreant software code picks the exact worse time to go awry. And sometimes vendors lie about how many bad parts they shipped, or worse — they don’t know.

But come on Ford Customer Service lurkers, there’s an issue with many customers, and some have walked, and more are going to walk away.
This was a very comforting post to read. I was beginning to think that it is only us on this side of the pond that are experiencing a distinct lack of communication from our respective Ford outlets. I am sure that EVERYONE appreciates the problems that Ford have experienced during the past year and I for one think that they have achieved the virtually impossible in getting to the stage they are now. However the lack of communication has been abysmal throughout. I know that this way of ordering vehicles is new and that there has been teething problems but communication(or lack of) with customers is NOT new and I think that Ford need to learn 2 things from this experience. 1, tighten up their ordering processes and 2, understand that their customers can and will talk with their wallets. They have lost an awful lot of orders due to their inability to communicate. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We just need a bit of guidance to get us there.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Been really busy of late. I just want to take a moment and speak to all of you. I know the mache is going through a lot of delays. Covid yes, logistics yes, a new problem having some mache's testing in K.C. Some problems with suppliers again yes.

As consumers, it's not what we want to hear. You all have been waiting and hyping up the mache all the way since day one. I applaud you for that and really happy you all are still hanging in there for your mache.

If you can't I understand life happens. each day things change, jobs, family, maybe your lease is up. I get it. I just hope you all get what is best for you and your family.

The mache is worth the wait, you're going to love it. Just hold the line a little longer if you can.
You deserve a great car for all the extra waiting and with the mache, you're going to get it.

I pass on what info I can and hope you all can understand when other ford workers like myself can't tell more. Would we like to? Oh, we would love to talk and tell you all we could about ford.
When Farley came in it was like wow now we have someone to stand behind. Someone that is like one of the guys....... or girls.

My own story , on my Mache. I could have asked to have it moved up. I was like no the date is fine and I'm happy with everything so like the rest of you I said I can't wait. My original build date was December 18th or A.KA. the week of. Then moved to December 23rd, then to January 3rd then to January 8th and finally, it was built on January 14th but yes the ford tracker says January 15th lol go figure lol.

Still, mine has not shipped and it is still sitting there. Is there a reason yes time will tell why?
So just saying I'm here with you eating my popcorn, Wife is tired of hearing about the mache and all the videos, everyone is where is that car you was talking about.

Hang in there a little longer. I'm waiting with you and I hope you all get yours as quick as you can so one day who knows maybe there will be a mache fan club and we can all catch up on one day.

Except for the forum police some times he pulls people over for wrong reasons lol. Just joking here have a donut gogogadgetmache lol.

The mache is coming and when we all get it, the rest can #$%@ off.

???????????????
As always, thanks for everything you can tell us. Mine has finally shipped on 1/26 - delivery ETA 3/9. The interesting thing about this is the length of shipping even though I am not one of the email issues. I had also ordered a Bronco Sport (from the other plant in Mexico). Even though I did not go through with that purchase, that vehicle took only 17 days from Mexico to my dealer in Ohio. Shipped on 12/23, arrived on 1/7 - with holidays in there! Curious to see if it really takes 6 weeks for the Mach E to get here.

Is this one better?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1611841540823
WHAT would that offspring look like?:eek: