Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes but fdor now has he explains in the video for now you have to switch it manually off and he says that ford will make that automatic has soon has you are DCFC.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes but fdor now has he explains in the video for now you have to switch it manually off and he says that ford will make that automatic has soon has you are DCFC.
If they do change that behavior, I sure hope they let us manually override it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
most importantly has far has winter charging is concern if you set to OFF the E-Heat it will divert the cabin heating to the battery. That's very important to know has this will work manually for now but eventually will be automatic with an OTAU.
I mean, isn’t that common sense? If you’re using something with a high current draw (heat) while charging, of course it will charge slower. I can’t imagine they’ll update it to forcibly turn off e-heat while charging if the car is on. If you’re sitting in the car and it’s cold, you may be willing to give up charging speed for comfort.
Using the climate control while charging will of course result in a slower charge, but I don't think that's what Claude is saying. He seems to be saying that Bjorn is saying (hoo boy) that turning off E-Heat will act as a sort of precharge conditioning by diverting cabin heating to the battery (or rather, not diverting heat from the electrical components to the cabin, thereby allowing the battery to stay warmer?). I kinda doubt that's going to have much impact, but worth a try.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Using the climate control while charging will of course result in a slower charge, but I don't think that's what Claude is saying. He seems to be saying that Bjorn is saying (hoo boy) that turning off E-Heat will act as a sort of precharge conditioning by diverting cabin heating to the battery (or rather, not diverting heat from the electrical components to the cabin, thereby allowing the battery to stay warmer?). I kinda doubt that's going to have much impact, but worth a try.
Please watch the video for clarification has I might have wrongfully understand something.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Please watch the video for clarification has I might have wrongfully understand something.
I think what Bjorn is saying is that the resistive heater is used to heat the battery when plugged into DCFC. The quicker it can heat the battery, the faster you'll get acceptable charging speeds. But if you have the E-heat enabled, some of that resistive heat is being used to heat the cabin, so it will take longer for the battery to heat up. That all makes sense, but would really only apply if the car is left on with the heat running.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes exactly and a good assumption if the car is off but we would need confirmation from someone who has receive their car.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
This guy is a Ford salesman but I think he gave a nice quick and honest opinion of the Mach-E.