Why are you purchasing a Ford Mache?

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
I switched over to EGO this year. Got rid of all my gas lawn care. It was a life-changer. Chainsaw, leaf blower, weed eater, a lawnmower. No more gas and happy. Easy for the wife to use and help also.
I've been using EGO outdoor products for about 2 years now. I love them. My MME is the next goal. The last goal will be going solar for my home energy needs within the next 12 months.
Sponsored

Reactions: abr

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Why:. Replacing my Leaf with a longer distance car and better performance. Excited about the looks and the value (I hope)

Wish:. Second row heated seat, heat pump, ventilated seats.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
MachE will (hopefully) be my 3rd consecutive BEV. Love cutting edge tech and wanna do my part to take ICE cars off the road so I leased the BMW i3, then the BoltEV. So far those vehicles have managed to squeeze into my relatively tight budget.

That’s why it might be nice to have a traditional lease option with decent RV and Money factor. Oh and cooled front seats for the rough heat here in TX.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Lots of people are mentioning cooled seats. I didn’t realize people liked that feature so much. I’ve experienced it on a Jaguar and found it useless, barely perceptible. I guess other manufacturers have been doing a better job.
At the very least the "perforated" ActiveX should be more comfortable than the solid pleather in my Model 3, but yeah I wish it had cooled seats too. After a 3-4 hour drive, my back is sweating and I'm stuck to the seat, even if the A/C is on. The cooled seats in my Mustang didn't cause that.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
At the very least the "perforated" ActiveX should be more comfortable than the solid pleather in my Model 3, but yeah I wish it had cooled seats too. After a 3-4 hour drive, my back is sweating and I'm stuck to the seat, even if the A/C is on. The cooled seats in my Mustang didn't cause that.
Agree 100% there. I would not buy a leather/pleather interior car in Los Angeles without perforated seats, it is a complete deal breaker and was very glad all MME trims had it.

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Because I don't like model Y, and e-tron is overpriced.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
Wife wants a hatchback, don’t like the looks of model y, e-tron is overpriced (agreed @bullshark)

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lots of people are mentioning cooled seats. I didn’t realize people liked that feature so much. I’ve experienced it on a Jaguar and found it useless, barely perceptible. I guess other manufacturers have been doing a better job.
We have the cooled seats in the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and love them in the summer, especially on long trips.

Reactions: ARK

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I want an electric car for around the city, but also want a nice interior and sexy looks...the brutal performance is a great plus.

What else do I want? The front-end of the original concept, that was hot!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It's the first nice looking BEV (to me).

Intelligently thought out features.

Wish list: A very modern version of sentry mode as an option. Not at all what Tesla has. Better, easier to use, compact recording, and faster to search.

And frankly, that one "wish" is really a stretch for me. I'm quite content without it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Why:

Looks nice enough inside and out.

Should be much easier for my parents to enter/exit compared to my Fiesta, which is tough for them.

It's environmentally friendly and (hopefully) thrilling to drive at the same time.

I suspect maintenance costs will be significantly lower than otherwise-comparable luxury brand BEVs, and also lower than what I've read for Tesla maintenance (maybe ~$300/year for Tesla?)

Will be widely available in my region. Plenty of service centers, and expect parts to be readily available.

The manufacturer seems to be competent, ethical, and well managed. I definitely appreciate that they seem to value and promote team/teamwork successes, unlike some competitors that rely upon celebrity, false claims and inferences, dictatorial management, and an army of Stans.

The Mach-E team seems to have rallied behind making it worthy of an iconic nameplate, and upper management seems to be backing them, too. So this car is getting way more of Ford's attention than most of their other vehicles and this makes me very hopeful for a good owner experience.

Lots of ADAS... I'm looking forward to features like the cross traffic alerts, emergency braking, ACC, and driver attention monitoring (for long drives especially).

Homelink. Yay, finally.

The tech sounds great. Not going to get my hopes super high though, because the tech sounded great for MyFord Touch, too. (And it's not terrible. But it's not great.)

Hopes/Uncertainties:

Good thermal management for Phoenix. Parking in direct sun on huge asphalt parking lot, no trees, no ability to plug in.

Wants:

The price seems "fair" given current market options... But I definitely wish it were lower.

Smaller vehicle. Shorter, and maybe a bit narrower, so it's easier to park. Maybe also lower to the ground, ala hatchback... but I might change my mind about ride height after I've had it a while.

GT nose cone. The underlying 3D texture and lit pony look cool.

Infinite Blue, rather than Infinitely Grayish.

Longer/better battery warranty. Like maybe 12 years, 75% capacity.

More fast charging locations along routes leaving Phoenix in all possible directions. Like, a LOT more charging locations.

Removable front door pulls, without leaving behind drilled holes.

Service manual. PDF copy of owners manual.

Lay flat seats. Like what certain Hondas have, I think... Would be nice to recline front seat into rear seat cushion to use as bed at RV camp site, or for napping during charging session.

Sorry. This whole post ended up much longer than I expected.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
For the person who questioned value of cooled seats based on experience with other brands, I’ve had Fords and Lincolns with ventilated seats. Ford’s seat vendor does ventilated seats right. You will be very chilled if you’re wearing shorts and set them on high!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Hey mods, would it be possible to build some kind of tracker for the different “wish it had” and counts of how many people listed a particular feature? For example, it would be interesting to see how many people listed dog mode. Maybe a voting spreadsheet/form?

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Why:
  • Best designed vehicle on the market
  • thorough attention-to-detail on interior
  • best in class infotainment
  • mustangs are sweet, and I enjoy people driving ICE’s keying my car

Wants:
  • Air conditioned seats
  • HEPA filter in cabin
  • Automatic garage door opener
  • Rear camera washer
  • (retrofittable!!) heat pump
  • better charging speed
  • Apple Carkey/NFC external reader
  • Power outlet in rear
  • wish the screen dial did more than just volume!!
  • 360 dash cam/sentry
  • Better fordpass app
  • dimming side mirrors
  • heated wipers (thought it had this?)
  • dimming/shaded roof
  • ability to update/modify noises (hate ford door chimes)
  • better usage of trunk storage
  • no piano black in interior
  • better wheel options (19" version of GT performance wheels)
  • better front license plate holder
  • New: magnetic aligning phone charging mat (MagSafe)
Sponsored

Last edited: