Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The feature I’d most like to see from the first OTA update is to fix the existing bugs....
- lift gate sensor doesn’t work reliably
- pony puddle lamps don’t work reliably
- settings (like alarm motion sensor off) refuse to stick
- PAAK doesn’t work reliably
- Plug & Charge doesn’t work reliably

AFTER these bugs are fixed, I’d like to see:
- Pre-charge conditioning, both manual and automatic based upon road trip routing.
- Expand the rapid charging cliff to 90%.
- Allow me to manually pop on the 360 camera at low speed (<5mph). This would greatly assist me with parking.

EDIT: After posting this I finished reading the thread and realized several other posters also requested the easier ability to use the 360 cam for parking. So I would be ok with Ford adding this to the first OTA update along with the bug fixes. :)

Last edited:

rockatansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Infinite Blue Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
I would love the ability to view/edit my entire profile from either the Ford Pass app or Ford website.

Often times, I'll think of a change I might like to make, or just want to look up if something is possible, and forget once I'm in the car. Plus, it'll make for browsing for familiarity easier than spending 30 minutes sitting in the driveway/garage.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
- Pre-charge conditioning, both manual and automatic based upon road trip routing.
- Expand the rapid charging cliff to 90%.
Pre-conditioning is definitely needed. However, I'd rather they keep the 80% cliff, but up the charging curve lower in the pack. I'd much rather it stick closer to 100kw up to that 80% dropoff.

By 50% i'm already throttling down to 75kw and that isn't necessary.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i am hoping Ford does regular OTA's that implemet some of these changes. What would be great is if one of the techy guys on here created a spreadsheet to list the requested changes and be able to rank them on importance to users.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It would be pretty cool to make your baby roar on demand, just to remind us of old Mustang days.
Also, to give us a choice on the sound it makes.
Yesterday I had a GT350 pull up next to me and rev their engine. I had no idea how to respond. lol

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
There is already a switch on the door next to the mirror adjustment buttons. When I start, I touch that button and the mirrors quickly fold in. At first I realized I couldn't see the side mirrors, BUT the top view on the main screen shows everything I need while backing up in tight quarters.
Well how bout that! I spent all my time looking through the Sync4 that I never looked at the switches. Thank you for pointing out the obvious that I overlooked!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Yesterday I had a GT350 pull up next to me and rev their engine. I had no idea how to respond. lol
very exaggeratedly shake your head and roll your eyes. if you're not alone in the car, laugh insanely while pointing and turning to your passenger saying "can you believe this idiot?"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements giphy

he'll peel out in anger and, if history is any indication, end up crashed into a tree.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
As long as you're in park, throw it into reverse so he can hear the sweet backup chimes.
It would be nice if the backup chimes could be turned off. It already makes the required pedestrian warning sound when in Drive or Reverse. Do we really need both? I'm sure my neighbors will love it when I'm backing out of the driveway early in the morning.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It would be nice if the backup chimes could be turned off. It already makes the required pedestrian warning sound when in Drive or Reverse. Do we really need both? I'm sure my neighbors will love it when I'm backing out of the driveway early in the morning.
I actually prefer that beep to the obnoxious fake motor sounds that this makes at low speed.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Panic Alarm Disable!

I hate panic buttons on fobs with a passion. Damn things go off every other time I bend over. I usual crack the fobs open and put tape over the contacts, but it would be a lot easier if there were just an option to disable.
Sponsored