04/04/22 Build Week Chat

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Wow, looks like I'm "winning" latest expected delivery date now by a week! (Not a prize I wanted to win!)

Glad you at least have railcar information. I still have nothing from Ford Chat other than the same info from May 5 (good old Ramp 6P, apparently my car's new permanent home).

I'm still so disappointed that near the end of my estimated delivery week, I got an email from Ford saying "it'll be an extra five weeks" with no apology, no explanation of the new timing, and no way anyone within Ford can track my apparently missing car. How can a company make such a great car but be so horrible at logistics and communication?

This is my first Ford ever and I'm not impressed...
To make matters worse, don't they preface those emails "In order to ensure your complete satisfaction"? This is just one of the many things that prove how terrible the Ford marketing team is through every step of the entire ordering process.

First, they create a snazzy website that makes you think you are ordering a vehicle at a set price where-- at worst-- the dealer is just a necessary middleman. (Turns out no-- you're $500 deposit and website order means nothing-- the dealer doesn't have to honor the price, can easily add on extras, and can even sell the car out from under you)

After your order, Ford marketing sends you tone-deaf emails about how exhilarating and exciting your Mach-E is going to be-- even before you have been scheduled for production. In the meantime, they provide zero communication about what your order status is or when you might expect to receive the vehicle.

And then after shipping the vehicle, they provide zero easily accessible information to track the status of your delivery. This forces their entire Ford communications department to have to field non-stop Ford Chat/Customer Service calls that waste everybody's time when they could just provide the same information directly to the consumer through the Ford website. To make matters worse, the estimated delivery dates Ford provides seem to be completely made up-- shift randomly and are often completely wrong.

And then when your vehicle arrives and Ford sends you an email inviting you to complete your purchase, the website is trash and doesn't let you apply for financing or honor price protection. Even if you do get the checkout process to work, the dealer throws it all out and starts the paperwork from scratch!

We're almost a year and a half into this Ford Marketing-- get it together! I know a lot of our complaints are more related to the logistics/slow deliveries, but I feel like a lot of that is unavoidable right now. Ford Marketing-- however-- could do a lot to make the process better even if it can't fix the supply chain.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Someone was recording me as they passed by on the interstate. This grabber blue turned heads on it's first outing....😂
Hah, the ironic thing is part of why I got the red over the blue is because I wanted LESS attention, lol.

CB1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
To make matters worse, don't they preface those emails "In order to ensure your complete satisfaction"? This is just one of the many things that prove how terrible the Ford marketing team is through every step of the entire ordering process.
Yes, I got that exact "to ensure your complete satisfaction" wording in the note that I'm delayed 5 more weeks. No apology, no anything.

Really comical how poor their marketing/communication is. When something goes wrong, don't pretend it didn't, admit and apologize for the problem and provide specific steps you're doing to address it. This is Marketing 101 stuff folks...

Thankfully, the marketing and logistics people don't design and build the car, so hopefully once (if?) the cars arrive it won't matter any more!

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's coming home! Papers signed and now going through FordPass setup. Hang in there for ya'll still waiting, your turn will come :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E 04/04/22 Build Week Chat FC25C0AE-162C-4F96-AEA6-6D91E44D5216
Awesome beauty! I have a red one waiting on a local truck. Congrats!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Bridaddy6

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Programmer Analyst
Country flag
Just got the pony back after 2 days in the shop. Had a clear bra ppf applied to the entire front including headlights and side mirrors. I can't even tell anything is there. Also added some UV protection tint to the windows all around. Envious detailing in Orange did an amazing job.

glad to have it back home again !

PXL_20220520_223723763.jpg

PXL_20220520_222917515.jpg

PXL_20220520_222853850.MP.jpg