njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
FC confirmed I’m on rail at number KCS 008378, which left Mexico, but they can’t say where it is… I think others said they were having trouble tracking KCS, so not sure I’ll even try the phone numbers unless anyone else has luck.
I got an AOK # but when I call the CSX line they say no status.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
I'm still showing "In production" as are others in the 10/31 batch.
Same here. They are having trouble with something, but I don't see a common denominator between which builds are stuck and which aren't.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I got an AOK # but when I call the CSX line they say no status.
yeah my car is still "no status" in CSX. upthread we were speculating that maybe my particular car is just sitting there near the factory and hasn't moved since it was loaded ~8 days ago, since ford chat has told me the location is a rail station 3 miles from the factory a couple of times now.

this does makes sense, if you are going to ship stuff by rail you don't do it one railcar at a time. so they might wait until they have some large number of rail cars loaded before they take off.

we were also speculating that maybe CSX won't see any status until the railcar reaches some waypoint that CSX tracks. the yard in richmond where my car is scheduled to be picked up by truck belongs to BNSF, but i don't know if that means the train it's arriving on actually belongs to BNSF. i know less than zero about rail logistics. so no idea if tracking with BNSF would yield more info.

there is a guy here that has the BNSF software and can probably get more visibility into the location of a particular railcar, but i don't want to bug him about it.

on one hand it makes no sense that it should take 4-6 weeks for a train to go from mexico to anywhere in the USA. 4-6 days i buy, but not 4-6 weeks. but on the other, it could be that ford is just building in all the delays to the delivery estimate - waiting in mexico, rail transit time, then waiting to be unloaded in the USA, then waiting to be picked up by a truck, then waiting for the dealer to clean up the car, etc. and by necessity all they can do is use average delays, or maybe +/- 1 standard deviation from the mean delay.

MrMache

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach-e 2WD Extended
Country flag
Dealer and Ford chat had previously given me an ETA of 12/20, but today it’s marked shipped with an ETA of 12/25-12/31. We shall see. Tax credit sure would be nice.

Premium 2WD Extended Range

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
FC confirmed I’m on rail at number KCS 008378, which left Mexico, but they can’t say where it is… I think others said they were having trouble tracking KCS, so not sure I’ll even try the phone numbers unless anyone else has luck.
Heads up, the initial tracking number for the trip from Mexico to KC is very limited. The only way you can get any updates is through Ford Chat. The only updates you will get is when it hits Laredo/Junction Point and when it hits KC. From there, you should get a new tracking number. Don't be surprised if it hops around ramps for a couple of days.

To give you an idea of what my timeline was (10/10 group):
10/21/22 - Shipped
10/24/22 - Laredo, TX/Junction Point
11/01/22 - KC Ramp 6M
11/03/22 - Assigned new tracking # with secondary status "shipped"
11/06/22 - Released to BNSF for shipping

It has been radio silence since then with an ETA of 11/20-11/26

Last edited:

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Heads up, the initial tracking number for the trip from Mexico to KC is very limited. The only way you can get any updates is through Ford Chat. The only updates you will get is when it hits Laredo/Junction Point and when it hits KC. From there, you should get a new tracking number. Don't be surprised if it hops around ramps for a couple of days.

To give you an idea of what my timeline was (10/10 group):
10/21/22 - Shipped
10/24/22 - Laredo, TX/Junction Point
11/01/22 - KC Ramp 6M
11/03/22 - Assigned new tracking # with secondary status "shipped"
11/06/22 - Released to BNSF for shipping

It has been radio silence since then with an ETA of 11/20-11/26
so does this mean it goes by rail to KC and then by rail via BNSF again to near the final destination?

by radio silence you mean even Ford Chat has nothing?

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
so does this mean it goes by rail to KC and then by rail via BNSF again to near the final destination?

by radio silence you mean even Ford Chat has nothing?
Once it hits KC, it depends on what region you live in. It could be transported by convoy or rail via BNSF, CSX, Union Pacific, or Norfolk Southern. Mine is going through BNSF because they service the TX area.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is it normal for a car to take over 15 days “in production” ?
It's not unheard. It seems to be more trim dependent. In our the 10/10 build group, the longest build to ship was 11 days. That one was a premium model.

TheWalkerMME

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Once it hits KC, it depends on what region you live in. It could be transported by convoy or rail via BNSF, CSX, Union Pacific, or Norfolk Southern. Mine is going through BNSF because they service the TX area.
That's good info! Mine will be coming to TX too after it gets to and leaves KC. Do you have a way to track railcar# via BNSF that works?

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Just got an email saying it’s built and delivery estimate is 12/16-12/22.

Reactions: njb

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
So mine was shipped via Convoy. how does one find the tracking for this? I went to the Palsapp site but looks to be dealer only. Just a log in with password and nothing I find to create an account. Was looking forward to seeing the travel online. Is this a contact dealer only for the info? my vehicle was finished on the 17th and lists shipped with ETA of 12/19. Seems like 4 weeks is a long time. weren't most people getting there's in ~ 2 weeks?

I think it may need a holiday bow since timing is right.

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag