Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Tesla can do it, then why can't Ford?
Tesla couldn't do in year one... Ford and others will be a lot better when gen 2 comes out.

The wheels fall off the electric Toyotas Who woulda thought...

third product generation is really the charm.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The 5 second limiter doesn't bother me nearly so much as the grey bar jail on the highway.
Heh, the other morning after charging to 85% overnight, I got on the freeway with 84% on the gauge and had 2 bars already after using ~3/4 of the go pedal’s travel to get to 70. I didn’t think 84% was a low SoC. 🤷‍♂️🐩

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Hmm a SUV with 5" of ground clearance, in reality it is a fat hatchback. But if we are going on the Ford marketing of it being an SUV then following those rules by Ford marketing it is also track vehicle 😜

1665535732747.png

You win the post of the day!

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
This is why I got a premium vs GT/GTPE. It goes plenty fast enough and your money goes slower......

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
This is why I got a premium vs GT/GTPE. It goes plenty fast enough and your money goes slower......
This trim is a blast to drive in the highways freeways. Love driving it deep be it changing lanes a plenty, no problem. Just trying to get to the apex. Beat plenty of cars. Know when to fold em. Love seeing the reaction of the other drivers that know what I am doing - safely. As I ease up. They smile look at me wish they were taking that turn like I did. It's a mustang. They know.

I'll probably get the GTPE in a few years
- they get rid of the 5 sec --bring back IBSM color
-include park assist,

take my money

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
"What does it ultimately feel like when the 5 second drop off happens? I assume the car continues to accelerate but at a reduced rate. "
It still accelerates, but at a much reduced rate. I've had it on the drag strip for 8 total runs, and after the 5 seconds, I always get the feeling like: c'mon - you have more than that!

"Also is the 5 second just for the equivalent for a fully open throttle or is it for any level of acceleration beyond a certain threshold?"
I'm not sure on that specific question. I think it's a certain threshold, so if you constant accelerate at a low rate, the 5 second power limit may not kick in.
It is also worth noting that that 5 second limit is really only 5 seconds in ideal conditions. Battery nearly full, between 70F and 85F, no recent charging, no recent moderate or aggressive driving, stopped or moving slowly to start. Anything outside of those parameters and you have less than 5 seconds, or are just in a continuously power limited state.

The GT should be thought of as a 250HP car that every once in a while gets to access some bonus power.

Edit: this is in stark contrast to my Lightning I just got. I haven't been able to get that to limit power at all yet. 40 percent battery, high 30s temp, driving at highway speeds, full power still available! At least it seemed Ford learned their lesson and will hopefully have this fixed for the Gen 2 Mach-e.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Pfff, it's a Station Wagon, I'm looking all over for some fake wood grain stickers and the fake plastic wood trim to 'Clark' it up good...
LOL I refer to my K/5 as a “station wagon” all of the time. I am lucky it had the optional roll-up windows and the optional roof. 🤪🐩 Unlucky that it had the standard rust-out package. 😱🐩

HITQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE - Raptor
Country flag
The GT/PE is basically a good stop light to stop light speedster when charged up. It's also a good all the time looker, treats you right inside and she know's how to take a turn ;)

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I have a 2022 MME GT. All I can say was that yesterday on a fairly steep hill a truck was going slow so I had to pass. Within the 5 seconds I was going uphill at over 80mph. Unless you want to drive your car around a track the GT has so much quick acceleration that if they added a few seconds to max power you would be well over 100mph. Bottom line, the 5 second thing does not bother me at all.

Bobbyg813

First Name
BG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
not a chance until they redesign cooling system of motor/inverter/HVBJB/battery tray, AND
you waive battery warranty......

the mach-e is NOT a track car... at any trim level.... sorry to tell you
its a FRIGGING SUV for crissake. If you are expecting anything else, you're going to be disappointed
If you want an electric SUV, that’s also a track car, then buy a Model Y performance. Tesla just announced track mode for the Y.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
If you want an electric SUV, that’s also a track car, then buy a Model Y performance. Tesla just announced track mode for the Y.

Do you have to go to the dealer to get track mode, some extra hardware?
Sponsored