jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
No photo yet - I haven't been over there (still working) and the dealer didn't send me any this time. Will definitely post when I have some though.
Here's the "vehicle is here but dealer hasn't got to it yet" photo. Hope to have a cleaned up photo tomorrow night or Saturday. I have the PPF/tint/ceramic scheduled for a week from Thursday.

mach E.jpg
Sponsored

DTS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV 2013, MME 2022 (one day)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi,

I am new to this group, at least from a participation perspective. I found it well into the process, just around build time and have been following it since. I have not written as I felt everyone was so knowledgeable about the process, and was not sure what to add. I was worked with @emersonsdad who was able to assist with BSNF train tracking (thank you again) and have bought every cleaning / protection product that @minders recommended. My car arrived yesterday. I LOVE it. Mind you I was driving a 2006 Honda CRV with 265K on the clock and different colored rusted panels from years of NE salted roads, and my son skidding on an icy road into a rock. So, lets say, I was pretty easy to please. Anyway, I feel now I have something to add. My buying experience was generally great except for when the finance guys got all passive aggressive when I said I didn't want the extended warranty and mentioned I had read about some great alternative options online. Really no need to call me penny pinching. Whatever..... The car is amazing to drive. But...the surprise came when I was at home in a quiet garage and my wife was adjusting the car in the garage tostart charging for the first time and I was outside. The whirring noise coming from under the frunk when the car was in gear was very concerning. I took it back this morning saying something was wrong. They explained it was just the fan. I doubted it and asked to listen to another Mach E, and was surprised to hear the same noise. You just don't hear it in the car, especially if the B&O is going strong. But outside it is much noisier than I thought it would be. Just thought I would mention it, in case anyone else comes across the same.

Once again, thank you everyone for the amazing crowd sourced information, and great stories.

@Bigfeets, I so am barracking for you. I hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Who knows, I may have something else to add soon :)

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Hi,

I am new to this group, at least from a participation perspective. I found it well into the process, just around build time and have been following it since. I have not written as I felt everyone was so knowledgeable about the process, and was not sure what to add. I was worked with @emersonsdad who was able to assist with BSNF train tracking (thank you again) and have bought every cleaning / protection product that @minders recommended. My car arrived yesterday. I LOVE it. Mind you I was driving a 2006 Honda CRV with 265K on the clock and different colored rusted panels from years of NE salted roads, and my son skidding on an icy road into a rock. So, lets say, I was pretty easy to please. Anyway, I feel now I have something to add. My buying experience was generally great except for when the finance guys got all passive aggressive when I said I didn't want the extended warranty and mentioned I had read about some great alternative options online. Really no need to call me penny pinching. Whatever..... The car is amazing to drive. But...the surprise came when I was at home in a quiet garage and my wife was adjusting the car in the garage tostart charging for the first time and I was outside. The whirring noise coming from under the frunk when the car was in gear was very concerning. I took it back this morning saying something was wrong. They explained it was just the fan. I doubted it and asked to listen to another Mach E, and was surprised to hear the same noise. You just don't hear it in the car, especially if the B&O is going strong. But outside it is much noisier than I thought it would be. Just thought I would mention it, in case anyone else comes across the same.

Once again, thank you everyone for the amazing crowd sourced information, and great stories.

@Bigfeets, I so am barracking for you. I hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Congrats and welcome! You'll love it once you get used to the little quirks, especially if you're not a previous EV driver/owner. There are tons of very knowledgeable folks on this forum that are willing to help answer questions.

I'm sure some people will say my recommendations for cleaning supplies isn't the best if they have a different favorite brand, but they've been great on our Tesla and now the MME. Chemical Guys makes some great stuff. I found out the other day that Ollie's Bargain Outlet has started selling Chemical Guys products for way cheaper than anywhere else I've found them. Ollie's webpage Not sure if anyone else has a location nearby, but it's worth checking out. We found bottles that normally cost $16+ for $6 and the gallon jug of the quick detailer I recommended for $25 that is normally $45. They also had some of the microfiber towels. You just have to kind of go on a treasure hunt. 😆

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi,

It's good to know MMEs are getting to California after all.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/9-12-22-build-week-chat.20634/post-548618
what was the destination ramp shown on your window sticker? do you know how it traveled and when it left KC?

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Congrats and welcome! You'll love it once you get used to the little quirks, especially if you're not a previous EV driver/owner. There are tons of very knowledgeable folks on this forum that are willing to help answer questions.

I'm sure some people will say my recommendations for cleaning supplies isn't the best if they have a different favorite brand, but they've been great on our Tesla and now the MME. Chemical Guys makes some great stuff. I found out the other day that Ollie's Bargain Outlet has started selling Chemical Guys products for way cheaper than anywhere else I've found them. Ollie's webpage Not sure if anyone else has a location nearby, but it's worth checking out. We found bottles that normally cost $16+ for $6 and the gallon jug of the quick detailer I recommended for $25 that is normally $45. They also had some of the microfiber towels. You just have to kind of go on a treasure hunt. 😆
Which chemical guys product do you recommend for the interior- especially the dash?

PaperMache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Acura MDX, 2019 Honda Insight
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got the email from Ford saying "complete your Mustang Mach-E purchase" (the Ford website also is now updated) and I went through the process as far as I could. The pricing appears to be what we agreed on except for the X-Plan discount. There was a place where I entered my X-Plan PIN, but it doesn't appear to be reflected anywhere in the pricing details or the price itself.

I was also able to select Ford Options for the financing with a 3.9% APR and a $500 rebate - I've read on here and in other forum threads that some got better rates and rebates, so wondering what I'm doing wrong there. Anyone have insight on that?
Check out this reply:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/9-19-week-build-group.19869/post-547395

You'll need the dealer to pull up the incentive and rates at the time of ordering. I don't think Ford's website is working correctly with the x-plan or the better rates, you should work it out with the dealer during the purchase.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Which chemical guys product do you recommend for the interior- especially the dash?
We picked one up at Ollie's, but haven't tried it yet since I had some of the Trinova sitting around. It's the InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer. Product link I didn't realize it was the baby powder scent when we grabbed it. Haha. Oops!

Here's a link to their interior cleaners/protectants. They recommend the InnerClean as a single product for the whole interior since it cleans and protects. Their YouTube channel has some great info.

DTS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV 2013, MME 2022 (one day)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi @Bigfeets

Just looking back through the email trail. So I see I made it through to Ramp 6M on Oct 24, I thought I was Ramp 6R before that in KS.

In TransitShipped Rail - Railcar # BNSF314408 (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co )Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS

Once I made it to an assigned BSNF railcar it all happened relatively quickly. Although there was 10 there was 10 days sitting in a San Diego railyard

As a general comment, I got the Iced Blue color. I changed it 3 times on the 9 month wait for production. But so happy with it, and given it is discontinued in MY23 maybe it will become a collectors item :)

Pathung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi @Bigfeets

Just looking back through the email trail. So I see I made it through to Ramp 6M on Oct 24, I thought I was Ramp 6R before that in KS.

In TransitShipped Rail - Railcar # BNSF314408 (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co )Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS

Once I made it to an assigned BSNF railcar it all happened relatively quickly. Although there was 10 there was 10 days sitting in a San Diego railyard

As a general comment, I got the Iced Blue color. I changed it 3 times on the 9 month wait for production. But so happy with it, and given it is discontinued in MY23 maybe it will become a collectors item :)
I also have an Ice Blue coming in a few days. Congrats on your car - got a pic to share?

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Pics! Went by the dealer to start working on paperwork for probable pickup later today. While there, I snapped off a few pictures - clearly it's not quite ready for take home but will be soon!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/19 week Build Group 20221118_104549

Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/19 week Build Group 20221118_104526

She'll be coming home soon!

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Pics! Went by the dealer to start working on paperwork for probable pickup later today. While there, I snapped off a few pictures - clearly it's not quite ready for take home but will be soon!

Very Nice! I'm heading over to the dealer in a couple hours to do the same.

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag

Delivery taken! Sales experience was fairly smooth. No post cleanup pictures yet since it was dark already when I got to the dealership to finalize everything. But it's home tucked safely into it's garage spot.

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Delivery taken! Sales experience was fairly smooth. No post cleanup pictures yet since it was dark already when I got to the dealership to finalize everything. But it's home tucked safely into it's garage spot.
Same here. What a blast to drive! First time driving was drive home from dealer tonight. Dealer experience was pretty good. X plan and 3.9 percent financing. I did have to remind him of the $500 deposit. Just got home an hour ago. So much to learn but so much fun.

B3CE7812-F2C4-4F3C-B4C8-00D7511AE2A2.jpeg

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Same here. What a blast to drive! First time driving was drive home from dealer tonight. Dealer experience was pretty good. X plan and 3.9 percent financing. I did have to remind him of the $500 deposit. Just got home an hour ago. So much to learn but so much fun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/19 week Build Group B3CE7812-F2C4-4F3C-B4C8-00D7511AE2A2
She's a beauty! This is my 2nd go around with a Mach E GT but I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to drive. Love the 1 pedal mode - I originally thought I would hate it but after trying it a while it's my preferred mode. Love the wireless Android Auto, love the smooth, quite ride, loving the Rapid Red (first one was Cyber Orange). So cool!

Hang in there everyone who hasn't gotten yours yet - it'll be worth the wait.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
This car is fastly approaching the longest wait, which is basically a worst case scenario for me...

Time in Status (Actual)
53 days and 3 hours

Time in Status (Estimated)
33 days and 1 hour

Longest Wait
82 days

Similar Vehicles in Status
Sponsored