A new competitor coming

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
lol at the bikes on the liftgate-ish thing. So you drive with the back wide open in order to do that?

Love the approach, the glass back sliding up over the top and the liftgate thing, but there's no way that makes it to production.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I’d absolutely buy one if it was $110k or less. Probably gonna start $135k and spec up to $200k.
Also hope the production form is similar, but we’ll see.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
lol at the bikes on the liftgate-ish thing. So you drive with the back wide open in order to do that?

Love the approach, the glass back sliding up over the top and the liftgate thing, but there's no way that makes it to production.
He mentions that the back closes to seal the cabin. You can see it around 3:05. Looks like the lower half folds up and then glass comes up.

Plenty of interesting concepts in the car. I wouldn't want to own something that complicated until it was about the 10th generation. 🤖

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The inside is hideous. The outside is very, very cool.

This is the kind of car I would want (with a better interior): sports car that can go off road. I have a sweet spot for the Rivian R1S, but it isn't quite there yet. Like the Audi, the range is not good enough. The max pack R1S will come eventually, but this Audi won't have that kind of range. Which will pretty much remove it from my short list, even if they fix the interior.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Not very attractive. The XR interface probably won’t make it into production. Ditto the foldaway controls. Not sure how you do those and still include safety features like airbags. Also, this thing is huge. About 200” long!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Not my cup of tea, but bring on the competition! The more the merrier, looking forward to advancements in tech and price decreases as EV production ramps up.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I agree. The headrest should be taller. 😂

Ford Mustang Mach-E A new competitor coming interior
Actually, I meant those VR glasses - they look like something a stoned 1970s Elton John would wear. But yeah, the interior is a disaster as well - it continues the 1970s with a Poconos “Love Lodge” vibe, while the exterior looks like a prop from a bad 1970s post apocalyptic 1970s sci if movie.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag

I believe he said you can close off the rear to prevent intrusion of dirt, wind, etc. Still, I agree, long way from production. I can't imagine what the price tag would be on this.
Sponsored