Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks again Mark. I did the same complete door similar like dynamat in my F33 4 series bmw. I finished with some hurt hand.
There really aren't any sharp metal areas where you would get cut up inside the door and I've done three Mach-E's. Take off those window regulators and you will have full easy access to the inside.
Sponsored

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Ok. Do you install dynaliner on or under dynamat?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok. Do you install dynaliner on or under dynamat?
Always over it. The Dynaliner is for the metal and the Dynaliner foam is for sound. It eliminates the echo and audio reverberation inside the doors.

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
I am going to get all stuff to do the upgrade. What wires and other hardware do I need ?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am going to get all stuff to do the upgrade. What wires and other hardware do I need ?
If you are talking about adding the sub, I have that info in the first post of this thread. I'm traveling today (driving) so can't make up a quick list right now but many others have done this and might chime in. Very few parts/wiring needed.

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
¡¡Hola a todos!! Mejoraré el sonido añadiendo JL 12' Sub y mini amplificador JL 280/4.

Veo que Mark agregó el mini amplificador Jl al amplificador BO. ¿Pero he leído sobre la instalación de este amplificador Jl 280/4 sin amplificador BO?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
¡¡Hola a todos!! Mejoraré el sonido añadiendo JL 12' Sub y mini amplificador JL 280/4.

Veo que Mark agregó el mini amplificador Jl al amplificador BO. ¿Pero he leído sobre la instalación de este amplificador Jl 280/4 sin amplificador BO?
Hola Juan, sí puedes instalar el miniamplificador JL sin el amplificador B&O pero requiere otro dispositivo y es más complicado y cuesta más dinero. A menos que planee cambiar todos los parlantes y realizar una actualización importante, sugeriría agregar solo el miniamplificador JL al amplificador B&O.

Sin embargo, lo primero que haría es agregar el subwoofer JL, que mejorará enormemente los graves y la gente descubrió que está mucho más contenta con el sistema y no necesita hacer nada más. Si cree que al sistema le falta volumen, agregaría el miniamplificador JL.

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
I have already installed the jlaudio 12 subwoofer and I still have to install the jlaudio 280/4 amplifier.
where have you taken the 12V? Regarding speaker cables, there are many since there are 4 stages. In which cables of the BO amplifier have you inserted the cables? Regarding the rem cable of the jl280/4, where have you connected it? I understand that it is to wake up the amplifier. Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to finishing the feat.

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
See the attached instruction page for connecting the JL 280/4 amp... points 2, 4 and 5 should answer your question.

Happy New Year!

20240101_113155.jpg
Did you change the BO amplifier for the jl280/4??? Was it difficult for you to make connections?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Did you change the BO amplifier for the jl280/4??? Was it difficult for you to make connections?
I did. It took a bit of time. As I recall, 16 or 17 separate wires to cut and then to reconnect. I used PosiLock connectors throughout and that helped a lot with the overall speed of reconnecting and also with the assurance that the new connections were solid and durable.

Very happy with the result. If you listed to jazz and / or classical this makes a HUGE difference.

Ababians

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e ER Rwd 2023
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Thank you for your answer
21st Century Pony

Okay, I won't remove the BO amp. But I need to know where to connect 12v from the jl mini amplifier and the rest of the audio cables. Are those cables inserted into their BO amp equivalents?

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have already installed the jlaudio 12 subwoofer and I still have to install the jlaudio 280/4 amplifier.
where have you taken the 12V? Regarding speaker cables, there are many since there are 4 stages. In which cables of the BO amplifier have you inserted the cables? Regarding the rem cable of the jl280/4, where have you connected it? I understand that it is to wake up the amplifier. Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to finishing the feat.
Hi. Because I had a shop do the work, I don’t know the specific details for the questions you’re asking. Sorry about that.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thank you for your answer
21st Century Pony

Okay, I won't remove the BO amp. But I need to know where to connect 12v from the jl mini amplifier and the rest of the audio cables. Are those cables inserted into their BO amp equivalents?
I would... it's meticulous yet not hard and completely worth it. See my pic of the result.

BTW - for power I tapped the big power line I had run for the sub, just like Markboris did.

20231230_170928.jpg

Wilder67

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach e GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Energy
@markboris This is a super clean install, and it looks like you have helped alot of people, that awesome! I have a quick question for you? Im installing a system that can take 12-24v do you still recommend the fuse from the 12v to the system or do you think I can skip it? Also any concern about the system staying on and pulling from the 12v?
Sponsored