bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Well I guess I'm actually confused, not mistaken. Long range states 4.8 secs 0-60 and performance is 3.5 secs 0-60 per Tesla site so I don't know what is real...

Ford Mustang Mach-E ARTICLES Compilation: Mach-E First Drive Reviews giphy (1)

Ford Mustang Mach-E ARTICLES Compilation: Mach-E First Drive Reviews giphy (1)
Tesla is such a scammer. The default when you price their cars is to include the "savings" from the gas you don't have to buy. They have always reminded me of the worse kind of car dealership.

The default setting of "Include potential savings*" and the without the "savings".

Ford Mustang Mach-E ARTICLES Compilation: Mach-E First Drive Reviews 1608672939562

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Proactively putting silicone lubricant on all the weather stripping should stop it from freezing shut. If not, chemical deicer or hair dryer. Forcing a frozen door open is a bad idea anyways since it can damage the weather stripping.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
What do you DO when the doors are frozen shut?
Just push the button. They will pop open even when frozen shut at about -30 degrees.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Just push the button. They will pop open even when frozen shut at about -30 degrees.
Yeah how does that work? Sometimes water gets on the rubber seals of the door and whenthe temp drops drastically it freezes. So the door won't release the frame. The solution, around here, is to idle the car with heat on and wait for it to melt.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
There have been posts on here regarding the strength of the door opener. When you push the button the it will open or bend the door/kick plate frame.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm not worried about the doors opening in cold temps. If you have seen the car in person, you'll know the actuators will be strong enough. You can also preheat the car, which could help. I've never had a problem with the seals being damaged in any car I've ever owned from opening it in the cold. The Mach-E doesn't have a frameless design so that's another plus. And finally, Ford has an extreme cold weather testing facility. (And they tested in Death Valley at the other extreme.)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I'm not worried about the doors opening in cold temps. If you have seen the car in person, you'll know the actuators will be strong enough. You can also preheat the car, which could help. I've never had a problem with the seals being damaged in any car I've ever owned from opening it in the cold. The Mach-E doesn't have a frameless design so that's another plus. And finally, Ford has an extreme cold weather testing facility. (And they tested in Death Valley at the other extreme.)
No need to. They tested the mache in extreme cold. Seen how it works in ice and snow. The door opening is a nonfactor. But ford did nix going frameless on the doors though. To many and i mean many problems with another manufacturer's window in the cold. But nope not the mache door opening.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i'll reserve judgment until i get to use it. but as a runner/cyclist that drives to trailheads, i look forward to being able to leave keys behind and just use the keypad for entry. always envied that functionality in the buddies' ford trucks

Clever engineering, but in my opinion unnecessary. I continue to really dislike the Mach-e entry buttons. I think the VW ID'4 solution is much more logical.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
yeah tbh I'm more worried about some day breaking the handles on my Fusion (which hasn't happened in 7 Ohio winters) than I am about the Mach-E doors.