Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Do we have confirmation that it even was flipped on? The only report i'm reading is that bluecruise is on but hands were still needed because they weren't in a blue zone?

Does anyone actually have confirmation of the hands-free feature?
Yes, a GT owner on one of the Facebook groups posted a video using it.
Sponsored

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Any Mach-E with the hardware package built 8/1 or later has the software pre-installed. It doesn't have to be a GT.
Do we have confirmation that it even was flipped on? The only report i'm reading is that bluecruise is on but hands were still needed because they weren't in a blue zone?

Does anyone actually have confirmation of the hands-free feature?
yes

how do I get it though?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like the OTA group has some work to do!

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Screen will look like this if hands-free is active. You must be on a freeway in a Hands-Free Blue Zone for it to work (select roads without stop lights or stop signs).
I've checked the maps. Basically it's Interstate highways... and other roads "US-XX" so long as it's on-ramps & off-ramps ... no cross-road intersections.

In Michigan much of US-127 is limited-access highway (on-ramps & off-ramps). But there is a section where it is still a divided highway... but has some cross-roads. As soon as you hit that section, it is no longer a "Blue Zone". Farther along it resumes on-ramps & off-ramps and becomes a "Blue Zone" again.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I've checked the maps. Basically it's Interstate highways... and other roads "US-XX" so long as it's on-ramps & off-ramps ... no cross-road intersections.

In Michigan much of US-127 is limited-access highway (on-ramps & off-ramps). But there is a section where it is still a divided highway... but has some cross-roads. As soon as you hit that section, it is no longer a "Blue Zone". Farther along it resumes on-ramps & off-ramps and becomes a "Blue Zone" again.
where do you check the maps?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
You do not have Blue Cruise, that is regular cruise control. BC is hands free.

tomsnyder_

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Bluecruise works pretty dang good (video below)...

There are times where it doesn't have sections of major highways mapped and for a brief period, it will tell you to resume control... Also, even though it's a great safety feature, the continuous alerts feature about paying attention is super annoying...

If I had to give it a grade I would say honestly BlueCruise is about 70% as good as Tesla autopilot... Since not all roads are mapped, it can't switch lanes or take exits/stop lights (I'm pretty sure Tesla can do this but I haven't driven one in a while), or put destinations in the nav system and the car just goes, I feel like 70% is a fair estimate. I think Ford plans on mining more data with the training wheels self-driving and it will get better over time.

Below is a link to a video of me using it on the way to work one morning (it's a relatively boring video but you get the idea).

snapshot_server.gif

Click the image or view your video from Tom Snyder here

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Activated snapshot_server
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Activated IMG_6213

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Bluecruise works pretty dang good (video below)...

There are times where it doesn't have sections of major highways mapped and for a brief period, it will tell you to resume control... Also, even though it's a great safety feature, the continuous alerts feature about paying attention is super annoying...

If I had to give it a grade I would say honestly BlueCruise is about 70% as good as Tesla autopilot... Since not all roads are mapped, it can't switch lanes or take exits/stop lights (I'm pretty sure Tesla can do this but I haven't driven one in a while), or put destinations in the nav system and the car just goes, I feel like 70% is a fair estimate. I think Ford plans on mining more data with the training wheels self-driving and it will get better over time.

Below is a link to a video of me using it on the way to work one morning (it's a relatively boring video but you get the idea).

Click the image or view your video from Tom Snyder here

Tesla's basic AutoPilot doesn't switch lanes, take exits, stop at lights, or do "Navigate on AutoPilot." Those are all part of their $10,000 FSD option.

tomsnyder_

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Tesla's basic AutoPilot doesn't switch lanes, take exits, stop at lights, or do "Navigate on AutoPilot." Those are all part of their $10,000 FSD option.
I have been in a Model X that will change lanes with the signal light and stop at lights. Don't get me wrong, I sell Fords and I'm jacked up about what we are doing for the pricepoint we are doing it at!

** Edit **

I read your message wrong at first, I see what you're saying.

Last edited: