Maryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Energi, Mach-E (ordered)
Occupation
Bank Analyst
Country flag
So I got my car a little over a week ago (I bought one that came on the lot) and I can't figure out how to get the BlueCruise to work.

In my digital owner's manual through the tablet, it says that there's BlueCruise. But when I go onto a blue zone highway and activate cruise control, it doesn't go into Blue mode.

I don't understand what is wrong and why this isn't working?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I got my car a little over a week ago (I bought one that came on the lot) and I can't figure out how to get the BlueCruise to work.

In my digital owner's manual through the tablet, it says that there's BlueCruise. But when I go onto a blue zone highway and activate cruise control, it doesn't go into Blue mode.

I don't understand what is wrong and why this isn't working?
When you first turn on cruise, do you get the popup that says bluecruise is active, but to keep hands on the wheel? That lets you know the system is ready, but hasn't met all requirements to engage.

Just because a road is bluecruise ready, doesn't mean that ALL of that road is enabled for it. Some parts that have a lot of exits or any intersections it will not work on.

OP
OP
Lady Grey

Lady Grey

First Name
Maryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bank Analyst
Country flag
When you first turn on cruise, do you get the popup that says bluecruise is active, but to keep hands on the wheel? That lets you know the system is ready, but hasn't met all requirements to engage.

Just because a road is bluecruise ready, doesn't mean that ALL of that road is enabled for it. Some parts that have a lot of exits or any intersections it will not work on.
What does that popup look like? I don't see anything that specifically says that.

There is a blue bubble around my car for the sides and front, but I assumed that was for lane control and distance monitoring.

On Saturday I drove 50 miles on a highway I know is a blue zone, and was definitely in long stretches where there were no exits.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You are correct that the blue bubble is not BlueCruise.

How do you know that your car came with BlueCruise, vs. is BlueCruise prepped? Does it say the words "BlueCruise on the window sticker"? I'll bet that you don't have BlueCruise.

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What does that popup look like? I don't see anything that specifically says that.

There is a blue bubble around my car for the sides and front, but I assumed that was for lane control and distance monitoring.

On Saturday I drove 50 miles on a highway I know is a blue zone, and was definitely in long stretches where there were no exits.
It looks like this (just grabbed someone elses pic from another thread)
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise not working? 1643043454287

This should show up as soon as you turn on Cruise, or when the blue circle shows up around the car.

OP
OP
Lady Grey

Lady Grey

First Name
Maryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bank Analyst
Country flag
It looks like this (just grabbed someone elses pic from another thread)
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise not working? 1643043454287

This should show up as soon as you turn on Cruise, or when the blue circle shows up around the car.
No I don't get that.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag

Active Blue Cruise will look like this picture (It will say Hands Free).
Also do you have a small rectangle plastic device just behind steering wheel?
In my picture it's right below the display.

NOTE: Some older builds (Since you bought the car off the lot) had the hardware for Blue Cruise but software was not enabled. There is a promise of updated software in March/April.

Cars built after September (not sure of exact month) come ready with Blue Cruise.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise not working? IMG-9805

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
When BlueCruise is running, the whole screen is tinted blue as well. I don't have a good image of it because the Sun was glaring through the window.

Edit: rzanzerkia posted as I was making that comment, so you can clearly see the blue. FWIW - Just one note I would make, I didn't see the Hands-Free icon. I suspect it's because I had a route plugged in, and the car showed the navigation info in that spot.

OP
OP
Lady Grey

Lady Grey

First Name
Maryna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bank Analyst
Country flag
Active Blue Cruise will look like this picture (It will say Hands Free).
Also do you have a small rectangle plastic device just behind steering wheel?

NOTE: Some older builds (Since you bought the car off the lot) had the hardware for Blue Cruise but software was not enabled. There is a promise of updated software in March/April.

Cars built after September (not sure of exact month) come ready with Blue Cruise.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise not working? IMG-9805
I do have that plastic thing behind my steering wheel.

Ahhhh .. I do think my car was built before September. So BlueCruise will be coming in a later month?

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Do you have Lane Keep Assist turned on. The button is on the left side of the steering wheel. You will see lines appear on the sides of the car image on the instrument cluster. When you are on a BC mapped highway and enable CC, it should engage.
My car was built in August and came with BC, FYI.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No I don't get that.
@Lady Grey, you don't have BlueCruise. You will get it in a future update, assuming your car came with the prep hardware. Depending on when the car was made, it will either be free, or cost $600. I suspect yours will be free, can't imagine any dealer having a Premium on the lot for 1/2 a year. Or even 4 months... Why was yours unpurchased?

No, @rzanzerkia, there isn't a promise of anything, and no dates have been given (unless you have a citation I haven't seen). Ford, which said BlueCruise was coming in September, then kept moving the date, has said these exact words:

“We wanted to improve the customer experience. So we pushed it back.” - Jim Farley, CEO October 2021

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/fords-bluecruise-hands-free-driving-roll-out-delayed/

Many sources have said Q1 (which ends in March), but no Ford person has said that to my knowledge. Here it says "future date". https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...s/what-is-ford-bluecruise-hands-free-driving/

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My BlueCruise hasn’t worked since I got my job 1 car in March 2021 ????????

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I wanna say they started activating BlueCruise at the factory with builds starting in July or August. But not 100% on that. If the car has it from the factory, it will be listed in the options area of your window sticker.

This is the biggest area the split in Job1 and Job2 gets confusing if you buy a car off the lot. You won't know for sure if the car has everything you think it will have depending on the day it was built.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Looks like I'm still the only one with Job2 car and non-working hands-free BlueCruise ☹

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Our car was built July 5th and came with Blue Cruise. I think that was the first week they were enabling it.
Sponsored