bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Anyone have any FDRS tips for clearing those updates that have been applied, but don’t leave the list?
I’m thinking my APIM is stuck behind the GWM update that I’m missing. And the GWM I need won’t show on my list until the IPMA and PSCM are cleared?

Would uninstalling/reinstalling FDRS or using a different version make any difference?
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My IPMA, PSCM, and ABS aren't clearing either. I'm pretty sure that's also the case for the OP. @generaltso am I recalling that correctly?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My IPMA, PSCM, and ABS aren't clearing either. I'm pretty sure that's also the case for the OP. @generaltso am I recalling that correctly?
Yup, I've got those 3 modules that won't clear as well. I'm pretty sure everyone does. It doesn't stop any updates for other modules from showing up. It will, however, make it more difficult to tell if any new updates for those 3 modules come out.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Yup, I've got those 3 modules that won't clear as well. I'm pretty sure everyone does. It doesn't stop any updates for other modules from showing up. It will, however, make it more difficult to tell if any new updates for those 3 modules come out.
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying. I’ll just wait for my vin to released in a future batch. Glad that FDRS is able to (eventually) bring the same updates as OTA.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I've now completed all updates, have no DTCs (a miracle) and the only module that shows for me is PSCM. I ran it again today and it's still there, so I think it's the new ABS for me.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've now completed all updates, have no DTCs (a miracle) and the only module that shows for me is PSCM. I ran it again today and it's still there, so I think it's the new ABS for me.
Hmm, as of today, all the modules that were stuck in the list for me (including ABS and PSCM) are gone.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
It might disappear in the next few days. I just finished everything today.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2006 Mustang GT, 2018 Buick Regal GS
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
I just took a drive on the highway to give BlueCruise a whirl.. It worked perfectly.

1647720116987.png
I've had BC enabled since I got my car in January, however I do not think it works correctly? When I enter a BC zone I get a notification that BC is available. If I hit OK, then BC seems to work correctly. However the notification only lasts about 5-10 seconds and if I do not notice or ignore the prompt it goes away and I lose the ability to use BC. My understanding is that whenever I am in a BC zone, I should be able to enter BC mode by simply activating cruise control, but so far I have not been able to manually activate it. I basically get a 5 second window to turn it on and if I miss the window then I am SOL until the next drive. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had BC enabled since I got my car in January, however I do not think it works correctly? When I enter a BC zone I get a notification that BC is available. If I hit OK, then BC seems to work correctly. However the notification only lasts about 5-10 seconds and if I do not notice or ignore the prompt it goes away and I lose the ability to use BC. My understanding is that whenever I am in a BC zone, I should be able to enter BC mode by simply activating cruise control, but so far I have not been able to manually activate it. I basically get a 5 second window to turn it on and if I miss the window then I am SOL until the next drive. Am I doing something wrong?
I don’t have the prompts enabled, so I don’t see the popup when BC is available. But when I turn on cruise control on the highway, it automatically switches to hands-free. Go into your cruise control settings and make sure “Lane centering with hands-free” is enabled.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
I don’t have the prompts enabled, so I don’t see the popup when BC is available. But when I turn on cruise control on the highway, it automatically switches to hands-free. Go into your cruise control settings and make sure “Lane centering with hands-free” is enabled.
Lane Centering with Hands-Free was enabled. I turned off the prompt, so tomorrow we'll see if it behaves differently. Thanks

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My understanding is that whenever I am in a BC zone, I should be able to enter BC mode by simply activating cruise control, but so far I have not been able to manually activate it.
You must also activate lane centering.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise now available through FDRS for Job 1 cars (maybe just for Early Access?) Steering_wheel_and_display

Photo credit: @John C

Lane Centering with Hands-Free was enabled. I turned off the prompt, so tomorrow we'll see if it behaves differently. Thanks
Hmm... Interesting. Let us know how this change goes.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Well, if it makes you feel any better, after confirming that it worked, I found myself putting my hands back on the wheel because that was the most comfortable place to rest them. It's cool and all, but I'm not sure I'll pay for it when it expires in a year.
I'm glad they're going to give it free for a year to see if it's worth paying for. I've gotten used to adaptive cruise control and I'm curious to see what the difference is and if it's worth paying for.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The car says BlueCruise is available everywhere, on every road, even where it's not available. Ford has this naming thing all messed up. Basically they call all cruise bluecruise once you have it as an option.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
You must also activate lane centering.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise now available through FDRS for Job 1 cars (maybe just for Early Access?) Steering_wheel_and_display

Photo credit: @John C

Hmm... Interesting. Let us know how this change goes.
Thanks guys, it was the lane keep assist on the steering wheel that was my problem, even though I had it "on" in settings, I had it 'off' on the steering wheel. As soon as I turned it on, BC fired right up. Now I understand how to make it work on demand.

I am not sure if I'll ever use it though, I mean I bought the car to drive, not to be a passenger. I sort of miss the point of having it to be honest.

Thanks again guys for the tips

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Well, if it makes you feel any better, after confirming that it worked, I found myself putting my hands back on the wheel because that was the most comfortable place to rest them. It's cool and all, but I'm not sure I'll pay for it when it expires in a year.
Why a year only?
Sponsored