Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
At the service center right now for maintenance, they have no idea in re to the adapter. But overall it would be more charging options which will be a good thing.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Doesn't anyone on this Forum know how to use the Search feature? Well soon have more of these CCS to NACS threads than we have "why do I only get xxx miles on a charge"?
:rolleyes:
At least Job 1 cars got their Frunk button.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Also extension cord might not suppport 250KW and upwards of charging speeds unless they have cooling system.
MachE doesn't support 250KW either, so can easily imagine an extension cord. Would likely need active electronics to identify the limit, but knowing the MachE won't breach it, would end up fine.

"we'll see"

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
MachE doesn't support 250KW either, so can easily imagine an extension cord. Would likely need active electronics to identify the limit, but knowing the MachE won't breach it, would end up fine.

"we'll see"
No there won't be extension cords for Tesla superchargers. The cords are liquid cooled and there would be no way to support that in an extension cord.

Tesla has talked about newer versions of their superchargers will have a longer cord. I have no idea when that will happen or what chargers will be updated.

User100723

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Wrong. The remote frunk release was the biggest thing to happen to the Mustang Mach E since its release šŸ˜€
You mean the FordPass App Frunk Release, right? As far as I know, unless you pair an F150 Lightning's key fob with the Mach E, there really isnā€™t any remote release that Iā€™m aware of. Not one thatā€™s officially supported by Ford, anyways.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You mean the FordPass App Frunk Release, right? As far as I know, unless you pair an F150 Lightning's key fob with the Mach E, there really isnā€™t any remote release that Iā€™m aware of. Not one thatā€™s officially supported by Ford, anyways.
There is if you use PAAK.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No. MY21 Job 1s had NO electronic frunk release enabled. The hardware was there, it was just dead as a doornail. The only way to open the frunk was the old-school hood release. Then, someone discovered than one of the updates actually enabled the door pillar hood release. After that, someone else discovered that you could program an F150 fob for your car (if you had the door pillar update) and the frunk release button on the fob would work. The very last bit was a ā€œprocedureā€ (not sure of the right term) that had to be run in FDRS which enabled the frunk release button on the center screen. I was able to get my dealer to run the procedure for me. As I recall. After that procedure, the FordPass frunk release also became functional.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
No there won't be extension cords for Tesla superchargers. The cords are liquid cooled and there would be no way to support that in an extension cord.

Tesla has talked about newer versions of their superchargers will have a longer cord. I have no idea when that will happen or what chargers will be updated.
I wouldn't bet against the short extensions up to around 10 feet.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Did I miss the press release that announced 3rd party generic adapters would be supported?
Without a supported chip inside to handle the protocol negotiation, I donā€™t see how connecting this thing up could possibly work.

jpblincoln

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
A2Z claims Approved* A2Z is in discussions with some OEMs to be the source of OEM adapters. I'm betting on being able to return it if turns out to not work.

*Meaning of "approved" :
  • Why can't we say by who? : The OEMs does not endorse publicly third party products/companies and we are forced by NDA not to mention any OEM.
  • Will it be compatible on Superchargers? : yes.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
A2Z claims Approved* A2Z is in discussions with some OEMs to be the source of OEM adapters. I'm betting on being able to return it if turns out to not work.

*Meaning of "approved" :
  • Why can't we say by who? : The OEMs does not endorse publicly third party products/companies and we are forced by NDA not to mention any OEM.
  • Will it be compatible on Superchargers? : yes.
I look forward to hearing your results, and wish you luck. If they do activate / announce something at the network layer, you could be one of the first guys out there trying it out.