barry9003

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
I struggled closing the frunk on the dealership MME mannequin. I was doing it wrong apparently. Check out this method:

Looks like you just rest the hood on the first latch (don't latch it) then push down firmly at the center of the hood.

I'm looking forward to trying it when I take delivery!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I struggled closing the frunk on the dealership MME mannequin. I was doing it wrong apparently. Check out this method:

Looks like you just rest the hood on the first latch (don't latch it) then push down firmly at the center of the hood.

I find it much easier to just "lightly" slam it closed with one hand. This works every time for me, and only requires one hand directly over the clasp position.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I find it much easier to just "lightly" slam it closed with one hand. This works every time for me, and only requires one hand directly over the clasp position.
I do the CPR method with both hands after gently setting it down on the first latch catch. Just be sure to look left and right then yell "CLEAR" before firmly pressing down with both hands on the center of the hood over the latch.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
This is something F-150 L owners will never have to worry about with their fancy power front trunks ?

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Step 1: Lower hood to approximately 6 inches above its seat.
Step 2: Drop from this height.
Step 3: Realize that the hood is currently latched in the first (safety) position, then place both hands on the hood and press down firmly.
Step 4: Repeat three times.
Step 5: Grab a beer and re-evaluate.
Step 6: Repeat step 4.
Step 7: Grab sledgehammer while invoking the name of Thor, and slam hood repeatedly with sledgehammer until hood is closed, or you pass out from exhaustion.
Step 8 (optional): Vow to never open the "frunk" again, and just use the rear cargo area.

/s (end sarcasm)
=)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pretty much what I do, though I use both hands slightly offset from the clasp. It works.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I donā€™t have a good technique in doing this yet.

Some mechanism seems to prevent the hood from crashing down in complete free fall when you let go of it and I havenā€™t quite yet committed to muscle memory the right way to push it to lock it once the hood is resting on the frunk.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
When I picked up my car, my sales rep noticed that the hood was not evenly lined up and twirled one of the "bumpers" that the hood rests on when closed. The hood was properly lined up after that, but it took more force to latch properly.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I pretty much use the video's method however I place each hand just inside the hood ridge and use a full palm press (yeah it leaves a nice handprint on the hood LOL).

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

the hood is too thin for me to feel comfortable with the CPR method.... despite years of doing it that way with other vehicles, I have found that a light but firm slam with good followthru works best with the MME.....

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Nah, I use the method from the other video which is flying around here somewhere. I just bring it down to about a foot above the catch, then with one hand about six inches on either side of the hook, I just push it down the rest of the way in what I guess Iā€™d call a ā€œlight slamā€ that someone mentioned above. It drops into place correctly on the catch every time, itā€™s not particularly loud or jarring, Iā€™m not flexing the frunk panel making it happen, etc. Itā€™s pretty much the way Iā€™ve closed every car hood Iā€™ve had for the last thirty years, and itā€™s been fine.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Step 1: Lower hood to approximately 6 inches above its seat.
Step 2: Drop from this height.
Step 3: Realize that the hood is currently latched in the first (safety) position, then place both hands on the hood and press down firmly.
Step 4: Repeat three times.
Step 5: Grab a beer and re-evaluate.
Step 6: Repeat step 4.
Step 7: Grab sledgehammer while invoking the name of Thor, and slam hood repeatedly with sledgehammer until hood is closed, or you pass out from exhaustion.
Step 8 (optional): Vow to never open the "frunk" again, and just use the rear cargo area.

/s (end sarcasm)
=)
I would have thought Step 6 would be repeat Step 5

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Have you guys adjusted the hood stops (the bump stops) on either side of the hood? Screw them both in a little bit and it will shut much easier.
Sponsored