Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E premium Awd LR
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
So my car is in today for the sync issues, and all the updates, my car has a july build so not eligible for this update.

if my dealer is updating all the modules, will it be covered?

also, the dealer is Having issues with the updates, and ford mothership is sending a new USB port to resolve it

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Have you DCFC to date what do you get? Mine drops to 11 KW as soon as I hit 80%.

This Post rumor? No confirmation to date but this sure does note it.

Guess you can DCFC from 80 to 100% right now if you have the 2 plus hours to sit there and do it. I would say you can not. No tin foil paranoia here looking to get this update to confirm. Scheduled now to happen with the recall.
Dropping to 11kW charge rate at 80% is different than 0kW.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I scheduled my update, if I could have gotten then update this week would have been nice considering I am traveling with the car for the next two weeks

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
TPMS errors will disappear after a short drive. Happens when the BCM is updated
Will this update already be available for UK dealers as well? I'm still waiting for my replacement 12v battery as none in the UK, and they'll do software updates at the same time.

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
Will this update already be available for UK dealers as well? I'm still waiting for my replacement 12v battery as none in the UK, and they'll do software updates at the same time.
I’d like to know this, can we ask UK dealers for software updates outside of service intervals?

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Yes. BCM module is available via FDRS but generally dealers won’t do it without an appropriate TSB. As I have my own FDRS I apply everything when I want.

The BCM update was a few months back. It was one of the first modules I did after getting my car

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dropping to 11kW charge rate at 80% is different than 0kW.
Knock yourself out. ;) Nyland sat there on a live stream; fast forward the story does not get any better. He was hypothesizing at some point it would pick back up but in 2+ hours nope.

Little tin foil here as I am traveling next week and will enjoy the car as is. Will not be updating and dashing but I can't say flexibility and options aren't nice. 70 KWh on trips I hope can get better. 90 useable is a 30% increase in possible range. OTA that one to me please ;). Opens options.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So my car is in today for the sync issues, and all the updates, my car has a july build so not eligible for this update.

if my dealer is updating all the modules, will it be covered?

also, the dealer is Having issues with the updates, and ford mothership is sending a new USB port to resolve it
My July build just got sent the 1.6 update yesterday, so they seem to be rolling out to later builds now, I’m just gonna let the Ford gods sort everything out before I even consider taking to dealer.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Knock yourself out. ;) Nyland sat there on a live stream; fast forward the story does not get any better. He was hypothesizing at some point it would pick back up but in 2+ hours nope.

Little tin foil here as I am traveling next week and will enjoy the car as is. Will not be updating and dashing but I can't say flexibility and options aren't nice. 70 KWh on trips I hope can get better. 90 useable is a 30% increase in possible range. OTA that one to me please ;). Opens options.
Yeah. I felt sorry for that guy. Looked like he was suffering there.
I took a 378 mile trip yesterday and solved the problem a different and somewhat unfortunate way. I left the BEV at home. I hated doing it but it was 43 degrees F where I was going with overnight temps well below freezing. I didn't want to risk my welfare hoping and wishing for a good charge experience so I took that out of the equation completely.

Luckily I have other options available to me for those somewhat rare situations. Most times the MME fits my needs and is usually my first choice. Sometimes it isn't going to work for me so I use a different vehicle.

I did do some of the trip on electric power though......so I did my best to minimize the impact on the environment. :confused:

20211127_095258.jpg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
90 useable is a 30% increase in possible range.
I'm going to need you to show your work on this one. If you always stop to charge at 47% SOC then yes that extra 8.8kwh would be a 30% increase. If you currently run it down to 10% and charge to 80% you actually gain 14%.

Assuming one begins charging at 10% and stops at 80%, the kwh available is 61.6kwh
.7 x 88kwh = 61.6kwh

Being able to charge to 90% only adds another 8.8 kwh:
.10 x 88kwh = 8.8kwh

If that 8.8kwh was indeed a 30% improvement then the amount of battery available before the fix is only 29.33 kwh:
8.8kwh/.30 = 29.33kwh (or 29.33 x .3 = 8.8)

That 29.33 kwh only represents 33% of the battery capacity
29.33kwh/88kwh = 33%

The actual improvement gained from the charge curve change is only around 14%:
8.8 kwh/61.6kwh = 14%

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Send me your VIN and I can look if you want.

Though if they updated the BECM it should have forced them to update the PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMB/C as well. Maybe not though. I always start with the PCM and it forces you to update the rest.

I put my GT vin in not my FE which is why it didn't show up. It is showing up for the FE.
I can confirm it does NOT appear that this is available for the GT models. This would go in line with the memo which states vehicles with build dates up until June and GTs all have build dates from July forward.

My PCM module version availability is the same from months ago.

This may also apply to newer non-GT build models as well. Be sure before going to your dealership and waiting for hours that you verify it's available for your VIN.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah. I felt sorry for that guy. Looked like he was suffering there.
I took a 378 mile trip yesterday and solved the problem a different and somewhat unfortunate way. I left the BEV at home. I hated doing it but it was 43 degrees F where I was going with overnight temps well below freezing. I didn't want to risk my welfare hoping and wishing for a good charge experience so I took that out of the equation completely.

Luckily I have other options available to me for those somewhat rare situations. Most times the MME fits my needs and is usually my first choice. Sometimes it isn't going to work for me so I use a different vehicle.

I did do some of the trip on electric power though......so I did my best to minimize the impact on the environment. :confused:
It will be below freezing next week here. I bought an EV with 100 KWh pack to replace hybrid/ice not subsidize it. At -5C should be no problems.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm going to need you to show your work on this one. If you always stop to charge at 47% SOC then yes that extra 8.8kwh would be a 30% increase. If you currently run it down to 10% and charge to 80% you actually gain 14%.

Assuming one begins charging at 10% and stops at 80%, the kwh available is 61.6kwh
.7 x 88kwh = 61.6kwh

Being able to charge to 90% only adds another 8.8 kwh:
.10 x 88kwh = 8.8kwh

If that 8.8kwh was indeed a 30% improvement then the amount of battery available before the fix is only 29.33 kwh:
8.8kwh/.30 = 29.33kwh (or 29.33 x .3 = 8.8)

That 29.33 kwh only represents 33% of the battery capacity
29.33kwh/88kwh = 33%

The actual improvement gained from the charge curve change is only around 14%:
8.8 kwh/61.6kwh = 14%
Why are you noting 90% for? All ev I know except the MME will DCFC to 100%. No higher mathematic. The difference between 90 KW and 70 KW is 20 KW. 1.3 times 70 equals 90. 30% increase in range?

Ready interesting how defensive some are about a current short coming. It is starting to be a bit humorous. Wonder if it is because they are good with the current charging curve or just such big fans they are blind. People whine about a battery in a smart phone and that is no problem but if someone mentions that we only have 70 KWh useable of the 100 KWh battery we bought than numerous come to the defense. Wonder if the battery drain on the android would of got fixed if no one complained or if they did some ran trying to defend it. Something that needs to be fixed since launch hoping this update does it. One has said yes?
Sponsored