Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why are you noting 90% for? All ev I know except the MME will DCFC to 100%. No higher mathematic. The difference between 90 KW and 70 KW is 20 KW. 1.3 times 70 equals 90. 30% increase in range?

Ready interesting how defensive some are about a current short coming. It is starting to be a bit humorous. Wonder if it is because they are good with the current charging curve or just such big fans they are blind. People whine about a battery in a smart phone and that is no problem but if someone mentions that we only have 70 KWh useable of the 100 KWh battery we bought than numerous come to the defense. Wonder if the battery drain on the android would of got fixed if no one complained or if they did some ran trying to defend it. Something that needs to be fixed since launch hoping this update does it. One has said yes?
If you were charging to 80% before because it got so slow, then you will only be charging to 90% because that's where the slow point is. The difference between 80% and 90% is 8.8 kwh. My math speaks for itself. Please illustrate how you believe the software fix adds 20%.

The Mach E can and always has been able to DCFC to 100%, it is just very slow.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes, It appears your car has not received the CSP 21P22 (PCM, ABS, SOBDMC, BECM, OBCC, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and RFA) and the GSM update.
Rather than ask another forum member, is there a way for me to check my VIN myself? Sorry if I misse
If you were charging to 80% before because it got so slow, then you will only be charging to 90% because that's where the slow point is. The difference between 80% and 90% is 8.8 kwh. My math speaks for itself. Please illustrate how the Mach E can only charge to 70% before the software fix.

The Mach E can and always has been able to DCFC to 100%, it is just very slow.
70% is the 10% to 80% usable battery between fast chargers. All EVs live with that limitation, so I am not sure why it is a MME issue. Except for the 80% cliff, that is. Definitely that is an issue.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Thanks!!!
One more question here - if the m
Yes, It appears your car has not received the CSP 21P22 (PCM, ABS, SOBDMC, BECM, OBCC, SOBDM, SOBDMB, and RFA) and the GSM update.
One more follow up - if the updates showed up in FDRS for my VIN, that means the dealer has to update it correct? Asking as I remember my build being in July (I took one off a lot - didn't order myself).

Thanks again and I really appreciate the help!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
One more question here - if the m

One more follow up - if the updates showed up in FDRS for my VIN, that means the dealer has to update it correct? Asking as I remember my build being in July (I took one off a lot - didn't order myself).

Thanks again and I really appreciate the help!
It’s only for builds up to June. I’d wait for what the plan is for later builds.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
It's True! It's True!

I decided to test the new updates on a DC Fast Charger. It was in the mid 30s F so I set a departure time to take a trip with charging along the way. The cabin was nice and warm although the HV battery temperature was only in the 50s. It was about 40 miles to the EA charger. I used an EA charger due to the free weekend. I rolled into the charging spot with 22% displayed SOC.

One new thing I can track is the HV Battery Coolant Heater Power (Lt Blue) and noticed the car will request 6kW more of power to cover the heater. The spike in the power to the battery is due to the heater turning off, so more power briefly goes to the battery. The HV battery temperatures went up during charging and there was active cooling in the later part of the charge. I think that is why the HV Charge Power Limit (Orange) was lower to start out and peaked as the battery was up to temperature.

I find it interesting that the SOC Displayed is in 0.5% units and you can see the steps in the chart. I only charged up to 95.5% SOC Displayed. This gives a 91.26% SOC value and 85.68 Estimated kW to empty. This is around 1.6kW higher than I would expect for 88kW available.

The drop at 80% SOC Displayed is still there, but I can live with 42kW. It is too bad they could not just continue the downward slope until it hit 42kW.

I am still working on an update for Torque Pro. I need to figure out a few more useful data items.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNovKw

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNew1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNew2

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It's True! It's True!

I decided to test the new updates on a DC Fast Charger. It was in the mid 30s F so I set a departure time to take a trip with charging along the way. The cabin was nice and warm although the HV battery temperature was only in the 50s. It was about 40 miles to the EA charger. I used an EA charger due to the free weekend. I rolled into the charging spot with 22% displayed SOC.

One new thing I can track is the HV Battery Coolant Heater Power (Lt Blue) and noticed the car will request 6kW more of power to cover the heater. The spike in the power to the battery is due to the heater turning off, so more power briefly goes to the battery. The HV battery temperatures went up during charging and there was active cooling in the later part of the charge. I think that is why the HV Charge Power Limit (Orange) was lower to start out and peaked as the battery was up to temperature.

I find it interesting that the SOC Displayed is in 0.5% units and you can see the steps in the chart. I only charged up to 95.5% SOC Displayed. This gives a 91.26% SOC value and 85.68 Estimated kW to empty. This is around 1.6kW higher than I would expect for 88kW available.

The drop at 80% SOC Displayed is still there, but I can live with 42kW. It is too bad they could not just continue the downward slope until it hit 42kW.

I am still working on an update for Torque Pro. I need to figure out a few more useful data items.

DCChargeNovKw.png

DCChargeNew1.jpg

DCChargeNew2.jpg
Thanks for the data to confirm a charging curve update, I updated the #1 post with this information. It also appears that you may have 91 kWh pack capacity enabled now as well, as the usable capacity has increased beyond 88 kWh. We need some southern folks to test this in 70+ºF weather to see if 90+ kWh has been achieved, since cold weather may have decreased Eric's pack capacity reading some.

Eric, could you provide the charging data in spreadsheet format? We might be able to figure out the buffer capacity from your displayed and real SoC data to confirm a capacity increase.

Last edited:

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting! Curious to see if other people can confirm this. Do you have the full charging curve of that session?
Where can I see this data shown in these images

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's True! It's True!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNew2
Am I reading this right? Looks like 35 minutes to go from 22% to 80% (adding 58%).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm guessing the later builds don't need this since my GT Vin doesn't have anything pending.? Do the post June builds even have this issue? Is there some way to be sure?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm guessing the later builds don't need this since my GT Vin doesn't have anything pending.? Do the post June builds even have this issue? Is there some way to be sure?
The plan seems to have the later builds rely on getting these updates OTA, which is why there is a focus on the Gateway module in this update for earlier builds, because that was causing some vehicles to not receive OTA updates. I'd honestly wait for OTA rather than have a dealer screw something up.

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
"Improved range in cold weather"? Wonder what that is about

I did these updates last friday, and all seems well.
Was this an OTA update? If not how did you know about it/do it?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Was this an OTA update? If not how did you know about it/do it?
He bought an expensive adapter, and access to software, to do it himself.
Sponsored