Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
As I have mentioned in another thread the 1.7.1 failed to install on my FE. I dropped the Mach-E off at my dealer this morning at 8:15AM and I just got a call saying 21P22 has been successfully installed. My service advisor quickly rattled off a bunch of updates that were included in this update, including Sync.

So if all is well my update was done in less than 6 hours! ?
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
As I have mentioned in another thread the 1.7.1 failed to install on my FE. I dropped the Mach-E off at my dealer this morning at 8:15AM and I just got a call saying 21P22 has been successfully installed. My service advisor quickly rattled off a bunch of updates that were included in this update, including Sync.

So if all is well my update was done in less than 6 hours! ?
Does your car have the "Notes" app and other 1.7.1 features? I've been talking with Ford Early Access with my stuck update and they mentioned that 21P22 wouldn't solve my 1.7.1 issue, but who knows?

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Does your car have the "Notes" app and other 1.7.1 features? I've been talking with Ford Early Access with my stuck update and they mentioned that 21P22 wouldn't solve my 1.7.1 issue, but who knows?
I don't know yet. I am still at work I'll pick the car up in a couple of hours. I brought up the 1.7.1 failure with my service advisor and even said my audio settings reset on a power cycle (only happened once before the 1.7.1!) and mentioned the TSB 21-2310 update. He said he would look in to that.

He said 21P22 covers many updates, including Sync and it was updated today. I'll update this once I pick up the car.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Well... no Sync update. The 21P22 recall updated the following,

PCM, SOBDM, ABS, BECM, SOBDMC, SOBDMB, OBCC, BCM, DCME, DCMF, DCMG, DGMH & RFA Modules.

Sync is still showing "--" and you can not turn on auto updates. The tech did the update as told and did not do anything under TSB 21-2310 ?

So in my service advisors defense this 21P22 was the first time they did this update on the Mach-E and they have not done a 21-2310 update and my service advisor was under the impression all would be updated, including Sync. His bad...

So tomorrow they will do the TSB 21-2310 update. I talked with the actual tech and he said the version for sync was not showing the "--" and the update option was enabled and showed up to date. Since he was not aware of the Sync issues he didn't do anything other than what was written up.

So lesson learned for the dealer. I have always had great service in the past with my dealer, especially on my heavily modified Raptor so I believe them on this.

I'll update everyone tomorrow!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"All I am saying is that when I define the terms the Mach-E fails the test."

Every damn time I look at a post from someone I ignored. ?

Anyway, glad folks continue to validate the charge curve improvements.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Someone in this forum was kind enough to check the updates available for my VIN (I won’t mention the name to avoid him getting bombarded by requests ?) and when I cross check the updates against the updates in CSP 21P22, I’m seeing the PCM and GSM module would have outstanding updates.

As I had Powertrain Malfunction a couple of times, I think the PCM/GSM updates might be related to those. Would service pick up the fact these codes appeared/disappeared and do the PCM/GSM updates anyway or I need to explicitly request those as well?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Well... no Sync update. The 21P22 recall updated the following,

PCM, SOBDM, ABS, BECM, SOBDMC, SOBDMB, OBCC, BCM, DCME, DCMF, DCMG, DGMH & RFA Modules.

Sync is still showing "--" and you can not turn on auto updates. The tech did the update as told and did not do anything under TSB 21-2310 ?

So in my service advisors defense this 21P22 was the first time they did this update on the Mach-E and they have not done a 21-2310 update and my service advisor was under the impression all would be updated, including Sync. His bad...

So tomorrow they will do the TSB 21-2310 update. I talked with the actual tech and he said the version for sync was not showing the "--" and the update option was enabled and showed up to date. Since he was not aware of the Sync issues he didn't do anything other than what was written up.

So lesson learned for the dealer. I have always had great service in the past with my dealer, especially on my heavily modified Raptor so I believe them on this.

I'll update everyone tomorrow!
I just had this service done as well, and still have the “—-“ for sync version. No 1.7.1 for me.
What is this tsb 21-2310?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's the charge curve I want. I still have the 80% cliff.
Based on the chart, it doesn't seem any faster and in fact maybe slower than before? Looks like 35 minutes to go 22% to 80% but the good news is the 80% cliff is gone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNovKw

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Based on the chart, it doesn't seem any faster and in fact maybe slower than before? Looks like 35 minutes to go 22% to 80% but the good news is the 80% cliff is gone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Customer Satisfaction Program 21P22 - Software Calibration Update DCChargeNovKw
Kinda looking like that charge session was limited by cold battery. The heater was running up until the session hit its highest charging speed, then shut off. But it was already to the taper point by then so it never could go full speed.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I just had this service done as well, and still have the “—-“ for sync version. No 1.7.1 for me.
where do you guys see what version of Sync you have? I have a July build Premium MME and it just says "system up to date" on mine.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn't I got the 21P22 on Tuesday still says I have the 1.7.1 but its doesn't show any of the features. Still seems stuck. I am debating a master reset.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
It doesn't I got the 21P22 on Tuesday still says I have the 1.7.1 but its doesn't show any of the features. Still seems stuck. I am debating a master reset.
Please let us know if it works. I've been stuck for well over a month.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This particular Customer Satisfaction Program does NOT include the Sync update. For that, you need the APIM update that is in TSB 21-2310. That won't be automatic, so you'd likely have to ask for that TSB or tell them that you're having problems with Sync.
Sponsored