zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Cause no. Similar symptoms that point to a common cause, yes. That may be what you meant though.

It sounds like something in technology shared between the Mach E and the F-150 like PAAK, Sync 4, ADAS, etc. The drivetrains are completely different in the Mach E and the F-150 and I'm sure the batteries are different. This brings is down to hardware or software in a peripheral system. If the Mach E and F-150 issues are related, then it's something common between the two. It could be as simple as not turning off the cameras and radars when the car goes to sleep. I would be looking first to those systems in common between those two.
The big change and commonality between the F-150 and MME is the new vehicle architecture. The thing that let's them do all the updates, etc.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/new-ford-electrical-vehicle-architecture-will-be-named-fnv/
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Almost all batteries are made in China these days even the most expensive ones and usually all the brands are made by one or two companies they're just rebadged
No offense, but you state your opinion from a Canadian viewpoint.

This Duracell that I purchased from Sam's Club (Walmart) a year ago was made by East Penn Manufacturing, a huge American vehicle battery maker.

That’s East Penn Manufacturing.
A private, family-owned company operating
the largest single-site, lead battery
manufacturing facility in the world.

Facilities That Power Us.
East Penn is proud to operate a massive, 520-acre single-site battery manufacturing complex in Berks County, Pennsylvania, with world-class facilities that are the most advanced in the industry. We also operate a facility in Corydon, Iowa to help accommodate our widespread growth.
And there are others, you just have to look.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Deep Sleep Mode - 12v battery drained dead [update: Mach-E jump started] 1613514684160

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mark,

Thought it would be helpful to have a more detailed record of what steps to take to trickle charge.

Which of the frunk panels did you find it necessary to remove?

To Open Frunk
  1. Remove the cover at the front of vehicle below the headlight. Press firmly on the top right of the covers edge, then pull the raised section on the bottom left toward you.
  2. Pull both wires out of the opening to reveal both terminals.
  3. Connect the external power supply to the terminals

Ford Mustang Mach-E Deep Sleep Mode - 12v battery drained dead [update: Mach-E jump started] 1613514684160

To Charge battery

• Connect the positive (+) jumper cable to the positive (+) jump point of the discharged battery vehicle.
  • Connect the other end of the positive (+) jumper cable to the positive (+) terminal of the booster vehicle battery.
  • Connect the negative (-) jumper cable to the negative (-) terminal of the booster vehicle battery.
  • Make the final connection of the negative (-) jumper cable to the negative (-) ground point of the discharged battery vehicle.
  • Unlock the driver door. See Unlocking and Locking the Doors Using the Remote Control.

Positive Jump point

Negative ground point

Removing the Rear Luggage Compartment Cover

1. Start at the rear edge of the left-hand side.
  2. Pull upward at the clip locations shown to release the clips.
  3. Remove the cover.
  4. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Removing the Left-Hand Luggage Compartment Cover
  1. Start at the rear edge of the left-hand side and work toward the front of the cover.
  3. Remove the cover.

Removing the Right-Hand Luggage Compartment Cover

1. Start at the rear edge of the right hand-side and work toward the front of the cover.
  3. Remove the cover.

I didn't have to use the bumper system as my driver side door was open.
I had to remove the rear luggage cover and the left luggage cover.
One could probably just connect the jumper cables or trickle charger to the jump points you picture. However, in my case, the car was trying to start up whenever the negative cable was attached to the negative post of the battery, so I disconnected the negative cable from the negative post of the battery and attached the negative lead from the trickle charger to the negative post on the battery. For details and images, see
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dead-low-voltage-battery-lvb.3490/

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No scheduled times to do anything except charge 10 pm to 10 am but never got it to work. Alway soon as plugged in and to 100%

It has been plugged in but not charging. It has 240V so you think it could charge a 12V? Got not plugged in notice once last night reengaged it and this morning unplugged notice again. When sitting I have ensured it is plugged in "drive conditioning" and "plugged in but not charging" info on app. It is charged to 100% another bump that has not reached an end. Ford shut me down due to driving too unbridled maybe ;).
I wonder if the not plugged in warning was part of the issue. If LVB was low it might not have been engaging the contractors to charge. The trickle charger to the battery (with the cable attached) could be a good security blanket until the problem is solved.

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Is anyone else having an issue with their Mach E not following it's departure time schedule? Meaning, I have mine set up to depart at 6:15 am, M-F...when I go out to the car at 6:20, nothing has ran or started and the car is still freezing cold. This is while it is plugged in to the charger from overnight charging.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is anyone else having an issue with their Mach E not following it's departure time schedule? Meaning, I have mine set up to depart at 6:15 am, M-F...when I go out to the car at 6:20, nothing has ran or started and the car is still freezing cold. This is while it is plugged in to the charger from overnight charging.
I've got 2 departure times set in the morning about an hour apart (taking kids to school at different times). I'm also plugged in and within the charging time window to draw shore power. The first departure time is spotty sometimes it works sometimes not. If I check on the Ford Pass app and don't see it conditioning for the first departure time, then I'll start the car remotely. The second departure time seems to work every time.

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've got 2 departure times set in the morning about an hour apart (taking kids to school at different times). I'm also plugged in and within the charging time window to draw shore power. The first departure time is spotty sometimes it works sometimes not. If I check on the Ford Pass app and don't see it conditioning for the first departure time, then I'll start the car remotely. The second departure time seems to work every time.
My afternoon departure time works also...at 2:15pm. Very interesting.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My FE was built on Jan 9th and did not go to speedway, I hope it does not have the same issue (when I get it)
Mine was also built on Jan 9. I took delivery Feb 9. It has been flawless (even while temps have been at or below 0 F every day since I got it). I love it. Once you join the "Built on the 9th" owners' club, you will love yours also.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
This may be a stupid question subject a wild speculation and hearsay, but...would a higher quality 12v battery solve the problem. In this 21st century super EV, it seems like 19th century tech is taking us down? Is there even a higher quality 12v battery out there? I seem to recall basically two 12v battery makers that make all the battery brands nowadays.

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine was also built on Jan 9. I took delivery Feb 9. It has been flawless (even while temps have been at or below 0 F every day since I got it). I love it. Once you join the "Built on the 9th" owners' club, you will love yours also.
Mine was born on Jan 9 :(