JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So does that mean all the other cars will also have to get there's done manually? Explains maybe the QC stop and I guess some slipped through the cracks.
If they were loading the software manually at the QC checks then its possible some may have missed. Marlin was apart of the QC check as well. We dont know if this issue is what they were checking for
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For those taking delivery in days, I wonder if we can get the wire update at dealer setup? Mine was built 1/12 production date, so the build date is key.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
If they were loading the software manually at the QC checks then its possible some may have missed. Marlin was apart of the QC check as well. We dont know if this issue is what they were checking for
If thats the case I hope a TSB is sent to all dealers ASAP to limit delays to getting this to clients. Especially if some are getting stranded. I never thought the problem was a big issue, but the end result is a PITA for many so hopefully dealers can get this fixed ASAP. OTA rollout now will take some time.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If thats the case I hope a TSB is sent to all dealers ASAP to limit delays to getting this to clients. Especially if some are getting stranded. I never thought the problem was a big issue, but the end result is a PITA for many so hopefully dealers can get this fixed ASAP. OTA rollout now will take some time.
Agree

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This could have been a lot worse if it ended up needing rebuilt parts (which now maybe it does?) Assuming the update works that is. kinda a phew moment

Last edited:

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
There may be a series of cars that will need an update, not sure. They also should be able to deliver it OTA eventually, just not this week.
I would have guessed that now this is a known issue, and has a known resolution, it would be part of dealer prep to check and, as needed, update all vehicles before delivery. Those of us at the back of the early adopter line taking delivery over the next few weeks should benefit from, and have those of you at the front of the early adopter line to thank!

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
This is probably marketing and aesthetic heresy, but I think all BEVs should come with a portable charger, easily accessible battery terminals, and a way to access both. LOL And I've never personally had a problem. I just know it's always a possibility so I make sure I replace the 12v battery regularly.
Specifically a keyed entry point. The whole process of keeping a charger/jump box for 12V problems becomes waaaay simpler if you can get into the car without any power. Hard to believe that they saved much $ by deleting a keyed entry but adding the relay/bumper wiring, so maybe it was "look how cool" !

Reactions: DBC

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Three thoughts:

1. My car is being built as we speak. I wonder if the new software has been put out to the cars coming down the assembly line? Sometimes, versions that are working in the development office are not sent out to production. Is there anywhere to see a listing of the installed software and a place to see the most current versions? We could save a lot of time at Ford and the dealers if we could just report what versions we have, so they would know which cars need the updates. Or, even better, if the cars could send that data back to Ford automatically. OTA is great, and I don't even mind taking it to the dealership for a download. But being stranded in a brand new car with the wife will not make for a pleasant long term relationship with the vehicle. In other words, if she doesn't trust it, she will NOT drive it.....

2. If we are going to need to have access to the 12V battery, then a fix has to be sent to make that simple. Tearing apart the frunk panels just to attach a jump pack to start the car is not going to work. Maybe add some easily available contact points. How about in that access panel in the front bumper?

3. A lot of this problem could be avoided if there was a way into the rear hatch door or frunk without power to the vehicle. How could that possibly work? How about a KEY?!?! I have a jump pack that I carried in the Bolt, but I could always get into the car with the little key in the fob. I sure am not going to carry that pack around with me every time I get out of the Mach-E. That is simply not realistic.....

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Specifically a keyed entry point. The whole process of keeping a charger/jump box for 12V problems becomes waaaay simpler if you can get into the car without any power. Hard to believe that they saved much $ by deleting a keyed entry but adding the relay/bumper wiring, so maybe it was "look how cool" !
I can see it now...all the reviewers complaining how out of date the MME is because it has a keyed door. You know its true, they can't win.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
What is the amp/watt rating on the DC-DC converter? Is it strong enough?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Has anyone with a dead 12v battery tried opening a door? Just wondering if that whole "super capacitor" thing really made it to production.
They tried starting the car so I assume they were able to get in.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They tried starting the car so I assume they were able to get in.
Not everyone. I believe the OP said they had to jump it just to get into the car. But I guess that also answers the question.
Sponsored